Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Whittlesea to Kinglake or vice versa

Started by DaveB · · Last activity · 6 posts · 687 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
31 October 2007
Last activity
31 October 2007
Original author
DaveB
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
687
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm thinking of riding up to Kinglake in a couple of weeks and just
    wondering whether I should go up from the St Andrews side and down to
    Whittlesea, or the other way around. St Andrews to Kinglake looks
    steeper but it is then pretty much downhill or flat for all the
    remaining 55km home. Anyone got any thoughts on the roads and traffic?

    DaveB

  2. I've done from both directions many times and prefer St Andrews to Kinglake
    for no real reason.
    Just like climbing to Kinglake that way. The descent to Whittlesea is
    fabulously smooth.
    If you decide to ride up from Whittlesea, may I suggest turning right just
    out of Whittlesea onto Humevale Rd which is one of the most consistent,
    gentle and evenly graded climbs you could ride and although the surface is
    not quite as smooth, not really a problem when climbing with normally very
    little traffic. The climb up the main hwy this way to Kinglake is somewhat
    busier.
    Either way, have fun.

    JoeD

    "DaveB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm thinking of riding up to Kinglake in a couple of weeks and just
    wondering whether I should go up from the St Andrews side and down to
    Whittlesea, or the other way around. St Andrews to Kinglake looks steeper
    but it is then pretty much downhill or flat for all the remaining 55km
    home. Anyone got any thoughts on the roads and traffic?

    DaveB

  3. Toss a coin. Just as long as you stop at the bakery😎

  4. +1. Wot he said is right.

    --
    Cheers
    Peter

    ~~~ ~ _@
    ~~ ~ _- \,
    ~~ (*)/ (*)

    "JoeDe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've done from both directions many times and prefer St Andrews to
    Kinglake for no real reason.
    Just like climbing to Kinglake that way. The descent to Whittlesea is
    fabulously smooth.
    If you decide to ride up from Whittlesea, may I suggest turning right just
    out of Whittlesea onto Humevale Rd which is one of the most consistent,
    gentle and evenly graded climbs you could ride and although the surface is
    not quite as smooth, not really a problem when climbing with normally very
    little traffic. The climb up the main hwy this way to Kinglake is somewhat
    busier.
    Either way, have fun.

    JoeD

    "DaveB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm thinking of riding up to Kinglake in a couple of weeks and just
    wondering whether I should go up from the St Andrews side and down to
    Whittlesea, or the other way around. St Andrews to Kinglake looks steeper
    but it is then pretty much downhill or flat for all the remaining 55km
    home. Anyone got any thoughts on the roads and traffic?

    DaveB

  5. Jono L said:

    Toss a coin. Just as long as you stop at the bakery😎

    LOL, it's 25 years since I last did this ride (holy [censored] I feel old),
    and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of stops.

    DaveB

  6. Jono L said:

    Toss a coin. Just as long as you stop at the bakery😎

    Okay, I must be out of it, where the heck is this famous bakery that you and lama keep talking about?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.