Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?
Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?
Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
Destroy said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?
So you're saying the wife's getting a little fed up with all the time you spend mountain biking? ;-)
--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 03:10 GMT, Destroy penned:
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
I love my mountain bike, but I can't *luuuuuv* my mountain bike.
Cake walk.
--
monique Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please don't email me
directly. I will most likely see your post before I read your mail, anyway.
"Destroy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
I can't say. I think which ever one I gave up I'd end up secretly doing again. Best to just keep
honestly keepin' on.
I abstain.
Matt
"Destroy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
Monique said it best...
cg
Destroy <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
live out the week so I would get neither. My wife would kill me if I
-- The Ogre ogrehut.netogrehut.netOpen ↗
MattB said:I can't say. I think which ever one I gave up I'd end up secretly doing again.
(alone?)
Good answer, though. :-)
--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
<snip snip>
Quoted message said:The right rubber for conditions is an important consideration.
You wouldn't want a blowout in either situation or you're in trouble! ;-)
Quoted message said:"Destroy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Well, let's see...
I often end up scratched, bruised and sore.
The best ones leave me totally exhausted, but looking forward to next ride.
Dangly bits can go numb after a few hours.
Comfy grips are nice.
When the suspension is tuned just right, obstacles just add to the pleasure. (A little bob no
biggie; sag kept to minimum, however.)Fit is everything.
The right rubber for conditions is an important consideration.
Even though I quit, I still want to smoke afterwards.
Oh, and STAY HYDRATED!
Bill "and then there's mountain biking..." S.
Tell the truth, this was just a set up for your lounge act, wasn't it?
Dave (rimshot.wav)
[email hidden] (The Ogre) wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Destroy <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which would
it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
Quoted message said:live out the week so I would get neither. My wife would kill me if I
Quoted message said:
-- The Ogre ogrehut.netogrehut.netOpen ↗
Well. I dont know ..I reached new heights with my Hard Tail when I bought my ThudBuster....
and as a response to the original question....
At least you dont have to 'Plug In' you bike.
"BB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:MattB said:I can't say. I think which ever one I gave up I'd end up secretly doing again.
(alone?)
Ideally, no.
Matt (although a solo ride ain't so bad here and there)
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 13:27 GMT, supabonbon penned:
Quoted message said:"Monique Y. Herman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...Quoted message said:On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 at 03:10 GMT, Destroy penned:
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which would
it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
I love my mountain bike, but I can't *luuuuuv* my mountain bike.
Hmmm... I won't tell you what my ex did when I bought her a road bike, then. Lets just say that
she made that seat her very own that night....
Oh my.
--
monique Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please don't email me
directly. I will most likely see your post before I read your mail, anyway.
"Shaun Rimmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:<ouch> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:6. Can smoke while riding
Quoted message said:
In a word... OUCH
-- The Ogre
Chris Glidden said:I had a girl leave me because she joined the other team, but leaving you for a bike??? You must
still be in therapy. ;-)cg
I've NEVER had a woman leave me for the other team.
Are you doing something wrong, or do you look like a woman? <G>
Barry
"John Morgan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:olojb.66361$vj2.30043@fed1read06...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Mountain Biking.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
-John Morgan
Quoted message said:broken wrist.
Nah...too easy.
Bill "Cubs lose! Cubs lose!" S.
B a r r y B u r k e J r . said:I've NEVER had a woman leave me for the other team.
Are you doing something wrong, or do you look like a woman? <G>
Wow, that was cold.
--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
There is nothing to compare to the thrill of your first.......
THUDBUSTER
But the best thing is you dont have to plug in you bike
;0
Quoted message said:Or asking in a different way, if you had to give up one for the rest of your life, which
would it be?Touch choice for some. Cake walk for others? hmmmm.
Mountain Biking.
-John Morgan
John Morgan said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Mountain Biking.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
-John Morgan
Quoted message said:broken wrist.
-John Morgan
But you'll have to switch hands! hahahahah I couldn't resist....
Paladin
<ouch> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:6. Can smoke while riding
Shaun aRe
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.