Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Which bicycle company SUCKS the most?

Started by szbert · · Last activity · 99 posts · 27,268 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
14 October 2004
Last activity
16 August 2015
Original author
szbert
Posts
99
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
27,268
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 99
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've had crappy experience with a few bike companies, and hate the products of a few others. All in all, most are OK.

    So which one did you have bad experience with?

  2. Huffy anyone? None of the companies listed really turn out low quality products. At the high end, what sucks is purely a matter of personal preference.

  3. artmichalek said:

    Huffy anyone? None of the companies listed really turn out low quality products. At the high end, what sucks is purely a matter of personal preference.


    OK, I didn't mean the cheap discount store brands, just the so-called top brands that most of us either ride, or lust after.

    I've had [censored] experiences with Cannondale and Lemond. Frame problems on the Cannondale - with lousy customer service, and bad assembly on a Lemond, with worse customer service. Both times, my LBS made things right with me, but the manufacture screwed them, and me.

  4. szbert said:

    OK, I didn't mean the cheap discount store brands, just the so-called top brands that most of us either ride, or lust after.

    I've had [censored] experiences with Cannondale and Lemond. Frame problems on the Cannondale - with lousy customer service, and bad assembly on a Lemond, with worse customer service. Both times, my LBS made things right with me, but the manufacture screwed them, and me.

    Wow. I have had great experience with Cannondale (worse experience with the local shop). Personally, I don't like Giant. Not to say they suck, but like a previous post mentioned, it was more my personal preference and a dislike of the way the frames were contructed. Other than that, I think all those companies have quality products and sometimes you may come across those lemons or a bad customer service day.

    Cheers

    RIDE ON!
    RubberSideDown

  5. Ive had great experience with cannondale and the local shop!!! 😄

  6. Heh, Trek is leading! All looks like it`s a big s*it of a bike😄

  7. what do you mean by that! lol🙄

  8. Look at the poll! Trek is leading beside all other bikes! Heh it must be something on that...looks like people are not satisfied with them!😕🙄😄

  9. yeah i thought trek made good bikes! i was going to get a trek, then got a cannondale insted!

  10. philhudson said:

    yeah i thought trek made good bikes! i was going to get a trek, then got a cannondale insted!


    Dang, I was about start looking at an 'other' but I see they're not doing too well in the poll🙂

  11. Virenque said:

    Look at the poll! Trek is leading beside all other bikes! Heh it must be something on that...looks like people are not satisfied with them!😕🙄😄


    Actually, when polls like this get posted, they end up being more of an anti-popularity poll than anything else. Clique-ish people tend to go against anything that it popular. It works the same way with music or anything else. People have the urge to appear "different" or "unique". It's not so uncommon.

    I bet that in a few weeks, the votes will end up in a most popular to least popular order. I don't think it has anything to do with the bikes or the quality really.

  12. Had a Huffy MTB given to me and it was not the best:eek:

    1. The seatpost and the top of the seat tube bent. (not because of my wieght, I weigh 140)😕

    2.Rims out of true if I went over a jump😠

    3. Left crank arm came lose no matter how much I tightened it.😠

    4. Very heavy (steel):o

  13. cydewaze said:

    Actually, when polls like this get posted, they end up being more of an anti-popularity poll than anything else. Clique-ish people tend to go against anything that it popular. It works the same way with music or anything else. People have the urge to appear "different" or "unique". It's not so uncommon.

    I bet that in a few weeks, the votes will end up in a most popular to least popular order. I don't think it has anything to do with the bikes or the quality really.

    I know hehe...I was just joking!
    BTW, I voted for Trek too:p

  14. Virenque said:

    I know hehe...I was just joking!
    BTW, I voted for Trek too:p


    Me too!!!

    just kidding. 😉 I've had around 30,000 trouble-free miles out of my OCLV, and I'm scared I'll jinx myself if I say anything bad.

  15. na i voted for ''other''.

  16. I voted "other".

    Felt bikes are ok, but, they cannot supply a seatpost. I have been waiting since June. This is not good enough, see: http://www.cyclingforums.com/t180237.html

  17. Schwinn sucks the most, hands down. They relied on bike shops all over the world, and then gave it to them prison style by moving into Wall-Mart. While I think some of their old bikes are the most beautifull things made, they suck ass for not supporting those who made them what they are-

    As for my daily rides, they are Giants and a Marin-mostly because that is what fits me best. I did try to get a demo on my Giant cypress SL (flat bar road bike) because the Felt was a lousy fit for me (I am inseem challenged with a freakishly long torso) and they couldn't deliver- I ordered it anyway after trying to find one myself anywhere in the state and love it, but they really dropped the ball on that one (not the LBS-the corporation).

  18. T Sam,

    Would you kildly write a reply to this topic please: http://www.cyclingforums.com/t182651.html

  19. Boy this is a stupid thread. Can't imagine even replying to it.

    OK, OK, huffy. Schwinn 2nd close. Nirve 3rd. OK, that was stupid to post.

  20. Pacific Cycles is the worst bicycle company ever. They've done an excellent job at screwing their loyal customers and local bike shop owners. Their motto should be "We want to be the biggest, not the best!" as the only thing they seem to be good at is swallowing up other companies (GT, Schwinn, Haro). I don't really consider them much of a bicycle company as they are more of an importer. Pacific is just another large company run by suits and lawyers.

    Pacific won't even honor any warranties from GT before the buyout. When Schwinn and GT merged all warranties were still honored. I always thought of GT as an truly innovative company - at least when the founder was still alive. I have a 1993 GT Corrado MTB that I still ride occasionally. It has a chromoly true temper steel frame that was made in the U.S.A. In the next year or so I'm going to have the frame painted and rebuild the bike converting it to a 9 speed. I'm really looking forward to that little project. It's getting harder and harder to find decent steel frames anymore without paying an arm and a leg for them.

    Schwinn is another company Pacific has wrecked. As Telegram Sam eloquently stated, they really gave it to their distributors. Now Schwinn is just another POS that can be found in Wally World and the like. What a tragedy.

    Telegram Sam said:

    Schwinn sucks the most, hands down. They relied on bike shops all over the world, and then gave it to them prison style by moving into Wall-Mart. While I think some of their old bikes are the most beautiful things made, they suck ass for not supporting those who made them what they are-

    As for my daily rides, they are Giants and a Marin-mostly because that is what fits me best. I did try to get a demo on my Giant cypress SL (flat bar road bike) because the Felt was a lousy fit for me (I am inseem challenged with a freakishly long torso) and they couldn't deliver- I ordered it anyway after trying to find one myself anywhere in the state and love it, but they really dropped the ball on that one (not the LBS-the corporation).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.