General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

What was this ice cream called

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 22 posts · 2,315 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 August 2005
Last activity
13 August 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,315
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

  2. Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    Breyers Viennetta?

    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?

    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like this)

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    [email hidden]
    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

  3. Richard Kaszeta said:
    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    Breyers Viennetta?

    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?

    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like this)

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    [email hidden]
    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

  4. Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/desserts/famous-chocolate-refrigerator-roll-g.html

    Tracy

  5. Stavo dormendo su un bancale di lambro quando il post di
    [email hidden] mi desto'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin
    chocolate, and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't
    remember what it was called. What was it called?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Breyers Viennetta?
    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?
    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like
    this)

    Quoted message said:

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

    Yeah, it was available in Italy, too, and with the exact same name.
    The brand was "Algida", now this brand is no more around, probably
    it's been bougth by some biggie.
    --
    Vilco
    Think pink, drink rose'

  6. Tracy said:

    Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.backofthebox.com/recipes/desserts/famous-chocolate-refrigerator-roll-g.html

    That is soooooo goooood! I don't dare make it as an adult, because
    I'd probably eat the entire thing all by myself.

  7. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    I think you're talking about Vienetta. It was funny to read your post
    because just yesterday my SIL and I were wondering what ever happened to
    those, since we can't find them around here at all.
    I can't wait to get to MN and try the Dove ice cream too. We don't have it
    here :/

    kimberly

  8. "Richard Kaszeta" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    Breyers Viennetta?

    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?

    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like this)

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    [email hidden]
    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

    still available here in Oz, made by a company called Streets

    yummmmmm :-)

    (and now wondering of the feasibility in sending bulk orders of frozen goods
    to all you Vienetta lovers ) :-)

  9. "Nexis" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:ivSHe.27114$HV1.21025@fed1read07:

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that
    was made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin
    chocolate, and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't
    remember what it was called. What was it called?

    I think you're talking about Vienetta. It was funny to read your post
    because just yesterday my SIL and I were wondering what ever happened
    to those, since we can't find them around here at all.
    I can't wait to get to MN and try the Dove ice cream too. We don't
    have it here :/

    kimberly

    This thread has me drooling. I know what the Vienetta is but wasn't there
    another one? If I remember it was like a big chocolate sheet cake with
    layers, a layer of cake, a layer of ice cream etc. then rolled into a log?
    It's right on the tip of my tongue and I can't find it on Google. It
    wasn't Breyers. Hmmmm... I used to love it as a kid.

    Michael

  10. Dog3 said:


    This thread has me drooling. I know what the Vienetta is but wasn't there
    another one? If I remember it was like a big chocolate sheet cake with
    layers, a layer of cake, a layer of ice cream etc. then rolled into a log?
    It's right on the tip of my tongue and I can't find it on Google. It
    wasn't Breyers. Hmmmm... I used to love it as a kid.

    Michael

    It ewas my favorite as a kid in Massachusetts. Made by Hood's,
    it was just called Ice Cream Cake Roll.

    gloria p

  11. Quoted message said:
    Richard Kaszeta said:
    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?

    Breyers Viennetta?

    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?

    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like this)

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta
    [email hidden]
    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

    Maybe in the US they have discontinued them. I still see them here but
    under a different name made by the Holanda dairy in Honduras. They look
    exactly like the Viennetta from the US.

    Sandi

  12. Puester <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:


    This thread has me drooling. I know what the Vienetta is but wasn't
    there another one? If I remember it was like a big chocolate sheet
    cake with layers, a layer of cake, a layer of ice cream etc. then
    rolled into a log? It's right on the tip of my tongue and I can't
    find it on Google. It wasn't Breyers. Hmmmm... I used to love it as
    a kid.

    Michael

    It ewas my favorite as a kid in Massachusetts. Made by Hood's,
    it was just called Ice Cream Cake Roll.

    gloria p

    Yes, I believe that was it. I remember loving it as a kid also. Then I
    discovered ice cream sandwiches 😉

    Michael

  13. Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?


    I make a desert very similar called "Famous Chocolate Refigerator Roll".
    It doesn't have ice cream in it rather heavy whipped cream. Here's
    the recipe:

    makes 12 servings

    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 c heavy cream whipped or 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed1 9oz pk
    Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
    chocolate curls for garnish

    Stir vanilla into whipped cream or topping. Stpred 1/2 tbsp whipped
    cream or topping on each wafer. Begin stacking wafers toger and stand
    on edge on serving platter to make a 14" log. Frost with remaining
    whipped cream or topping. Chill 4 - 6 hours (or freeze until firm,
    cover with plastic wrap, thaw in fridge 1 hr before serving). To serve,
    garnish with chocolate curls. Slice roll at 45 degree angle.

  14. ~patches~ said:
    Quoted message said:

    Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert that was
    made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin chocolate,
    and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't remember what it
    was called. What was it called?


    I make a desert very similar called "Famous Chocolate Refigerator Roll".
    It doesn't have ice cream in it rather heavy whipped cream. Here's the
    recipe:

    makes 12 servings

    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 c heavy cream whipped or 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed1 9oz pk
    Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
    chocolate curls for garnish

    Stir vanilla into whipped cream or topping. Stpred 1/2 tbsp whipped
    cream or topping on each wafer. Begin stacking wafers toger and stand
    on edge on serving platter to make a 14" log. Frost with remaining
    whipped cream or topping. Chill 4 - 6 hours (or freeze until firm,
    cover with plastic wrap, thaw in fridge 1 hr before serving). To serve,
    garnish with chocolate curls. Slice roll at 45 degree angle.

    Well, that's not quite the same. Actually this might be a
    good excuse to melt chocolate and make really thin sheets of
    it.... Actually #2, Haagen Dazs (sp?) has a Belgian chocolate
    ice cream with ?grated? chocolate in it. Sort-of a related
    texture. It is VERY good.

    --
    Jean B.

  15. Quoted message said:

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

    Here in Germany, Vienetta can be be found at most every supermarket. It
    is produced by Langnese, which is a Unilever brand, just like Breyers in
    the USA.

    Victor

  16. In article <ivSHe.27114$HV1.21025@fed1read07>, "Nexis" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I can't wait to get to MN and try the Dove ice cream too. We don't have
    it
    here :/

    kimberly

    When are you here, Toots?
    --
    -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

  17. Victor Sack said:
    Quoted message said:

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

    Here in Germany, Vienetta can be be found at most every supermarket.
    It is produced by Langnese, which is a Unilever brand, just like
    Breyers in the USA.

    From googling around, looks like it's available in the UK as well. The
    Breyer's web site doesn't mention it, so it looks like it's not
    available stateside.

    Brian

  18. Jean B. said:

    Actually #2, Haagen Dazs (sp?) has a Belgian chocolate ice cream with
    ?grated? chocolate in it. Sort-of a related texture. It is VERY good.

    Dammit, I *knew* I shouldn't read this thread! Because now I'm reminded of
    Ben & Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" ice cream: cherry ice cream with chocolate
    flakes throughout. And I *refuse* to fall off my diet that radically!

    Bob

  19. Jean B. said:

    Actually #2, Haagen Dazs (sp?) has a Belgian chocolate ice cream with
    ?grated? chocolate in it. Sort-of a related texture. It is VERY good.

    Dammit, I *knew* I shouldn't read this thread! Because now I'm reminded of
    Ben & Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" ice cream: cherry ice cream with chocolate
    flakes throughout. And I *refuse* to fall off my diet that radically!

    Bob

  20. "Vilco" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Stavo dormendo su un bancale di lambro quando il post di
    [email hidden] mi desto'

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Years back I remember seeing commercials for a type of dessert


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > was made with vanilla ice cream situated between layers of thin
    > chocolate, and the whole thing was shaped like a log. But I can't
    > remember what it was called. What was it called?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Breyers Viennetta?
    One of the Friendly's rool's, like the Jubilee Roll?
    (Oh, to think of the brain capacity I waste remembering stuff like
    this)

    Quoted message said:

    Viennetta, that's it. I wonder whatever happened to that. They don't
    sell them anymore anywhere I've looked. Did they stop making them?

    Yeah, it was available in Italy, too, and with the exact same name.
    The brand was "Algida", now this brand is no more around, probably
    it's been bougth by some biggie.

    Wall's Vienetta is what one would most likely find here in the UK. OK for
    mass produced ice cream I suppose!

    Shaun aRe - We have a couple of tiny local ice cream makers near bye that
    make fabulous stuff, in a crazy array of flavours. Don't think I'll be
    having the liquorice again though...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.