rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

What unicyclists are coming BJC?

Started by Lucas1wheel · · Last activity · 9 posts · 411 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
7 March 2006
Last activity
16 April 2006
Original author
Lucas1wheel
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
411
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The BJC is in Bodmin this year and I was just wondering what unicyclists
    are going
    there is usually a reasonable turn out of unicyclists
    I am for sure

    --
    Lucas1wheel
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  2. My little bro and dad are going so i might scrounge a lift with them.
    Depends on weather the girlfriend will let me off my lead for the
    weekend tho.
    Ride on!
    Edd

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    Why Use two wheels when one is twice as good?

    Its like England here....... Iv never seen so much sun!

    If quizz's are quizzical, what are tests?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  3. Lucas1wheel said:

    The BJC is in Bodmin this year and I was just wondering what unicyclists
    are going

    I've registered and accommodation has been booked for me. I'm not sure
    yet whether I'll actually bother taking a unicycle - I doubt I'd get
    much use out of it at a BJC with two young children.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
    Subscribe to PlusNet http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  4. Lucas1wheel said:

    The BJC is in Bodmin this year and I was just wondering what unicyclists
    are going

    About a month ago, the suggestion was posted to the uk_unicyclists
    mailing list that people bring Cokers to go for a ride along the Camel
    Trail:
    http://www.cameltrail.com/
    http://tinyurl.com/oxboy

    I'm taking my Coker. I'm also taking the wife's bike and the kids'
    trailer, so wifey can tow the kids while I ride the yike.

    --
    Danny Colyer

    http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
    Subscribe to PlusNet http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  5. i'm going on the friday with Mike i think, if thats still cool with him

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    "i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
    Mike (swarbrim)

    [email hidden] - add me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  6. The website for 'BJC' (http://minimansell.com/bjc2006/facilities.htm)
    says "Unicycling may be allowed in the sportshall if non marking tyres
    and plastic pedals are used.. "

    I am worried about that "may", does that mean we might not be allowed
    to unicycle at BJC. Non-marking tyres and plastic pedals is fair
    enough, but after doing all that, we might not be allowed to unicycle?

    If we are allowed to unicycle, see you at BJC

    Redpashley

    --
    RedPashley
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RedPashley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12024
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  7. RedPashley said:

    The website for 'BJC' (http://minimansell.com/bjc2006/facilities.htm)
    says "Unicycling may be allowed in the sportshall if non marking tyres
    and plastic pedals are used.. "

    I am worried about that "may", does that mean we might not be allowed
    to unicycle at BJC. Non-marking tyres and plastic pedals is fair
    enough, but after doing all that, we might not be allowed to unicycle?

    The same restrictions apply at every convention. It's usually best to
    avoid unicycling in the halls at BJC's anyway (except late at night),
    simply due to lack of space.

    Of the 9 BJC's that I've been to in the past, I don't believe any of
    them has lacked for unicycling space outside. I'd be surprised if this
    one's any different.

    Tennis courts are usually a good bet. The Dragon Centre seems to have
    a choice of grass courts or indoor courts, though, so maybe not such a
    good bet this year:
    http://www.ncdc.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=715

    Anyway, a yike's still likely to be a good way to get around the site,
    and you'll want one to ride in the parade, won't you?

    --
    Danny Colyer

    http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
    Subscribe to PlusNet http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danny Colyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11637
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  8. We will be going for the day on the friday ( If all goes to plan) I
    won;t be riding tho... :-( Camel trail will be fun on cokers or any
    bigish wheel, its fairly flat.
    See you there - bringing Ed to introduce hi to conventions early.
    Sarah

    --
    sarah.miller

    South West Unicycle Meet
    www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

  9. sarah.miller said:

    bringing Ed to introduce hi to conventions early.
    Sarah

    YAY! 😄

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
    "i cant describe the pain... well, its like childbirth on my leg" -
    Mike (swarbrim)

    [email hidden] - add me
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47528

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.