General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

What to serve with grilled pizza?

Started by Luke · · Last activity · 79 posts · 3,199 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 June 2004
Last activity
13 June 2004
Original author
Luke
Posts
79
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,199
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 79
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ sauce,
    pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any suggestions on
    what side dishes might be appropriate?

  2. "Luke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Salad and beer.

  3. A tossed salad always goes well with Pizza.

    Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

    "The likelihood of one individual being correct increases
    in a direct proportion to the intensity with which others
    try to prove him wrong" James Mason from the movie "Heaven
    Can Wait".

  4. On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:48:48 -0500, Luke <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    A normal pizza from Dominoes?

    -sw

  5. A large barf bag.

    Luke said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

  6. Luke said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    With a main course like that most definitely a large Cheese
    'N Pepperoni from Papa John's...

    ~john

  7. Luke <[email hidden]> wrote in news:nospam-C757CD.19484807062004
    @news.mpls.visi.com:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    If I were faced with serving that, I'd opt for a a crunchy
    green salad with chunky blue cheese dressing. Pizza doesn't
    require many side dishes.

    --
    Wayne in Phoenix

    Big on natural foods?? 82.38% of people die of
    "natural" causes.

  8. On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:48:48 -0500, Luke <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Spare me the details, it doesn't appeal.

    I second the salad and beer suggestions... heavy on the
    beer.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  9. Luke said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    How about caesar salad with garlic bread as an appetiser? I
    don't think a side dish is needed with pizza, esp. a pizza
    with a heavy topping such as chicken.

  10. Hark! I heard Luke <[email hidden]> say:

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Salad usually goes nicely with pizza. It sounds yummy, btw,
    but I can't get DH to eat anything but standard
    pepperoni... :-(

    --
    J.J. in WA (Change COLD to HOT for e-mail) ~ mom, vid
    gamer, novice cook ~ ..fish heads, fish heads, eat
    them up, yum!

  11. "Luke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    A Chinese Salad (No chicken)

    And

    A vegetable stir fry.

    OR

    BRAISED GREEN BEANS & TOMATOES 1 lb. green beans, trimmed 2
    teaspoons olive oil 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1
    tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper 8 ripe tomatoes, peeled,
    seeded and chopped Salt & freshly ground black pepper to
    taste In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook
    green beans until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and
    refresh with cold water. In a large nonreactive saucepan
    or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic
    and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add
    fennel seeds and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, for
    30 seconds more. Add tomatoes and green beans. Cover and
    cook, stirring often, until tomatoes form a sauce and
    beans are soft, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and
    pepper. Serve hot or at room temperature.

    Makes about 4 1/2 cups, for 6 servings.

  12. Luke <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Grilled veggies? Eggplant and large zucchini grill
    especially well, as do bell peppers and the more substantial
    kinds of mushroom.

    --
    Chris Green

  13. Luke <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Barefoot Contessa's show this week was about individual
    grilled pizzas. iirc, she served blanched veggies (or was
    that Rachel Ray?) with bleu cheese dip, and lemon curd
    for dessert.

    Karen

  14. "Vox Humana" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Luke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:nospam-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Salad and beer.

    Yep. 'Nuff said. kili
    --
    "Beer, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." - - Homer
    Simpson

  15. "Vox Humana" <[email hidden]> got [censored] and typed
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "Luke" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:nospam-
    [email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Salad and beer.

    Yep and bread. I'm not sure what kind of bread with this
    kind of pizza.

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  16. sf <[email hidden]> got [censored] and typed
    :"]news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Luke said:

    I'm having friends over and making grilled pizza (BBQ
    sauce, pineapple & teriyaki chicken topping). Any
    suggestions on what side dishes might be appropriate?

    Spare me the details, it doesn't appeal.

    I second the salad and beer suggestions... heavy on
    the beer.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

    See, now I have to do a third. I rather liked the blue
    cheese suggestion. I *did* add bread to the menu. Hopefully
    with some nice Provel.

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968

  17. salad, chicken wings, veggies platter with dip, beer, & for
    dessert some fruit.

    Take care, SPOONS 178/156/140

    "Mpoconnor7" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040607205508.02197.00000604@mb-
    m14.aol.com...

    Quoted message said:

    A tossed salad always goes well with Pizza.

    Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

    "The likelihood of one individual being correct increases
    in a direct proportion to the intensity with which others
    try to prove him wrong" James Mason from the movie "Heaven
    Can Wait".

  18. What to serve with grilled pizza????

    Why, grilled beer, of course!

    Duh.

    Kate

    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead
    already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that smiles back,
    Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey
    really *is* what it's all about? "][email hidden]

  19. Dog3 said:

    Yep and bread. I'm not sure what kind of bread with this
    kind of pizza.

    Michael

    bread with pizza? isn't that like serving rice with
    potaoes? :-P

  20. Kate Connally said:

    What to serve with grilled pizza????

    Why, grilled beer, of course!

    It's better if you grill the beer in a chicken, so it
    doesn't fall over or get dried out.

    --Blair
    "What?"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.