General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

What does Rachel Ray have in the oven?

Started by Puester · · Last activity · 23 posts · 221 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 April 2007
Last activity
16 April 2007
Original author
Puester
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
221
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

  2. Puester said...

    Quoted message said:


    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

    EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!!

    RACHAEL RAY FULL OF SELF!

    EXTRA!!!

    😉

    Andy

  3. Puester said:


    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    Rachael's been pretty thick in the middle for a while now. She's getting
    hefty arms, too and just appears chunkier in general. She looks
    absolutely dreadful in some of the clothes she wears on that talk show
    of hers.

    And someone PLEASE help that girl get her shoulders down! She's shielded
    up to around her ears by them. She looks like someone's about to come at
    her with a bludgeon!

    <I am not!>

  4. kilikini said:
    Puester said:

    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Quoted message said:

    Has there been an announcement?

    Quoted message said:

    gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months of
    marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting chunky.

    Good for RR; that guy was a freak. Do you know where I can find out
    more about their split?

  5. Puester said:

    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months of
    marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting chunky.

    kili

  6. Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:

    Andy <q> news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Puester said...

    Quoted message said:


    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

    EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!!

    RACHAEL RAY FULL OF SELF!

    EXTRA!!!

    It's her new money pouch. Forbes reported her income at around $6 million
    dollars in either '05 or '06. Can't remember which year.

    Michael

    That's nothing. Oprah earns that much before she take a pee in the
    morning.

    Boron

  7. Kyle said:
    kilikini said:
    Puester said:

    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of
    years, and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing
    level. (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Quoted message said:

    Has there been an announcement?

    Quoted message said:

    gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months
    of marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting
    chunky.

    Good for RR; that guy was a freak. Do you know where I can find out
    more about their split?

    I read about it in a past issue of the Enquirer, so it may or may not be
    true. (FYI, my MIL brings the magazines over - I just read them in the
    bathroom!) :~)

    kili

  8. "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Puester said:

    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of years,
    and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing level.
    (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months of
    marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting chunky.

    Her husband was snacking between meals?

    Paul

  9. kilikini said:
    Paul M. Cook said:

    "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Puester wrote:
    > I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of
    > years, and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing
    > level. (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)
    >
    > Has there been an announcement?
    >
    > gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months
    of marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting
    chunky.

    Her husband was snacking between meals?

    Paul

    Yes, on his spit-lathen wenches' toes. <shudder>

    ICK!

    1. Whatta jerk.

    2. How could she *not* know the real "him"? Didn't they go together
    practically "forever" before they married? It was no whirlwind
    romance.

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  10. Paul M. Cook said:

    "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Puester said:

    I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of
    years, and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing
    level. (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Has there been an announcement?

    gloria p

    She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months
    of marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting
    chunky.

    Her husband was snacking between meals?

    Paul

    Yes, on his spit-lathen wenches' toes. <shudder>

    kili

  11. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan said...

    Quoted message said:

    I have done no research on the subject and I'm really not interested in
    RR's marital woes.

    Amen!

    Andy

  12. "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    That's nothing. Oprah earns that much before she take a pee in the
    morning.

    Quoted message said:

    That's a given. It amazes me though how RR manages to pull that much loot
    in one given year. IMO she is like one of those dolls you pull the string
    on and it yaps, yaps, yaps. *sigh* I guess that's what her followers want.

    I was surprised she didn't make more, considering all her books and
    shows and cookware, etc. Not that it's chump change, don't get me
    wrong, just that she has so many irons in the fire.

    nancy

  13. sf said:

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:25:42 -0500, "kilikini"

    Quoted message said:
    Paul M. Cook said:

    "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > Puester wrote:
    >> I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of
    >> years, and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing
    >> level. (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Has there been an announcement?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> gloria p

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months
    > of marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting
    > chunky.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Her husband was snacking between meals?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Paul

    Quoted message said:

    Yes, on his spit-lathen wenches' toes. <shudder>

    ICK!

    1. Whatta jerk.

    2. How could she *not* know the real "him"? Didn't they go together
    practically "forever" before they married? It was no whirlwind
    romance.

    --
    See return address to reply by email- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    I'm inclined to believe she didn't know the real him; that he kept
    that aspect of his personality to himself (and to the women he paid to
    spit on himself and otherwise abuse him_; and that RR was genuinely
    freaked out when the whole thing came out. Bizarre as the story was,
    I've heard of husbands & wives successfully hiding stranger stuff from
    their spouses for longer.

  14. Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:

    sfnews:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:25:42 -0500, "kilikini"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Paul M. Cook wrote:
    > "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> Puester wrote:
    >>> I saw RR briefly this morning for the first time in a couple of
    >>> years, and she looked pregnant to me, at the just-barely-showing
    >>> level. (Or maybe she just ate a TicTac before the taping.)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> Has there been an announcement?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> gloria p

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> She and her husband have separated after, what, maybe, 8 LONG months
    >> of marriage due to his infidelities. I think she's just getting
    >> chunky.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Her husband was snacking between meals?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Paul

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Yes, on his spit-lathen wenches' toes. <shudder>

    Quoted message said:

    ICK!

    Quoted message said:

    1. Whatta jerk.

    Quoted message said:

    2. How could she *not* know the real "him"? Didn't they go together
    practically "forever" before they married? It was no whirlwind
    romance.

    I have done no research on the subject and I'm really not interested in
    RR's marital woes. I did read something about the husband's alleged fetish
    on another ng. I *think* the post was quoting an excerpt from The National
    Enquirer. If it came from The National Enquirer it HAS to be the truth...
    Right? <huge eyeroll>

    You can't dismiss the whole thing that easily. The Enquirer also
    published photographs of the woman (a lesbian prostitute) who is the
    main source for the story -- WITH Ray's husband. The Rays didn't
    challenge her allegations (in fact, I think they admitted they were
    heading straight for marital therapy); and now, apparently, they're
    breaking up. All things considered, the story is probably true.

  15. Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    That's nothing. Oprah earns that much before she take a pee in the
    morning.

    Boron

    That's a given. It amazes me though how RR manages to pull that much loot
    in one given year. IMO she is like one of those dolls you pull the string
    on and it yaps, yaps, yaps. *sigh* I guess that's what her followers want.

    Michael

    I must concur. I have never been a fan. Not only do I think her 30
    minute meals are mundane, but if I had someone do all the mis en place
    at my house, I'd get a lot more meals finished in 30 minutes, too.

    boron

  16. Boron Elgar said:
    Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    I must concur. I have never been a fan. Not only do I think her 30
    minute meals are mundane, but if I had someone do all the mis en place
    at my house, I'd get a lot more meals finished in 30 minutes, too.

    boron

    Isn't that a true statement!?!

    kili

  17. Boron Elgar said:

    I must concur. I have never been a fan. Not only do I think her 30
    minute meals are mundane, but if I had someone do all the mis en place
    at my house, I'd get a lot more meals finished in 30 minutes, too.

    I've watched the show, I've never seen any prepared stuff other than
    what comes in that fashion as purchased.

    Brian

    --
    If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
    won't shut up.
    -- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)

  18. Boron Elgar said:

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:00:27 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    That's a given. It amazes me though how RR manages to pull that much loot
    in one given year. IMO she is like one of those dolls you pull the string
    on and it yaps, yaps, yaps. *sigh* I guess that's what her followers want.

    Michael

    I must concur. I have never been a fan.

    Well, I AM a RR fan. She's not appointment television at my house, so
    that might be why. I don't mind being around "talkers", because it
    means I don't have to talk so much - therefore her chatting doesn't
    bother me. As far as her show is concerned, the producers don't want
    dead air time so "chat" is part of the package.

    Quoted message said:

    Not only do I think her 30 minute meals are mundane,

    Every single meal she makes doesn't appeal to me either, but I like
    her and I like how she makes meals down right simple. Even Sandra Lee
    isn't horrible in that sense. Both have some good ideas although I
    haven't used a single recipe from either show. (I take that back....
    when I recipe search FN, I use RR recipes from time to time)

    I guess the reason why I like their premise is because for too many
    years I actually cooked the way many people here pretend they cook
    now. Everything was fresh, from scratch and too damn complicated.
    I'm looking at simplifying my life (eliminate the "complicated"😉 and
    their shows were on the cutting edge of it. Giadia is on board with
    the concept too. She seems to have a higher level of fuss to her
    recipes, but if you ever try one, you'll realize it's not fussy at
    all.

    Quoted message said:

    but if I had someone do all the mis en place at my house,
    I'd get a lot more meals finished in 30 minutes, too.

    RR often talks about preparing this or that item as soon as you get
    home from shopping, so you won't have to prepare it before you start
    making your meal.

    Pay attention!
    😉
    LOL

    "Plan Ahead" is the main idea she's trying to impart to the masses.

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  19. Nancy Young said:

    I was surprised she didn't make more, considering all her books and
    shows and cookware, etc.

    Rachel Ray books are surpassed in quantity only by Jeff Smith's
    at the used bookstores and Thrift Stores.

    -sw

  20. Nancy Young said:

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    That's nothing. Oprah earns that much before she take a pee in the
    morning.

    Quoted message said:

    That's a given. It amazes me though how RR manages to pull that much loot
    in one given year. IMO she is like one of those dolls you pull the string
    on and it yaps, yaps, yaps. *sigh* I guess that's what her followers want.

    I was surprised she didn't make more, considering all her books and
    shows and cookware, etc. Not that it's chump change, don't get me
    wrong, just that she has so many irons in the fire.

    What's unknown is just how many of those irons are her own and how many
    belong to the money grubbers who pimp her out then take their cut first.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.