General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Wanted : Good MP3 player for running.

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 16 posts · 617 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 February 2005
Last activity
6 March 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
617
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ...

  2. If you keep it away from sugary items, you won't have problems with
    sweet.

    Quoted message said:

    I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ..

  3. What are you, an idiot? Put it in a ziplock bag and zip it closed
    (except for the cord).

  4. I've had fair luck with my Rio Cali. It has no internal hard drive, so the
    pounding doesn't make a difference. I wore it (by accident) once in the
    pouring rain. It stopped working at the time, but as soon as I let it dry
    out, it worked fine again. I doubt that sweat would get it quite as wet as
    a solid downpour of rain.

    Nick

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ..

  5. For the amount of money that I am paying I expect it to work the way I
    want it to work.

    I can go scuba diving with my watch and I don't have to put it into a
    zip lock bag.

    My attitude is that I want what I want. It is up the the manufactor to
    cater to my needs or I'll take my business elsewhere.

    Ted said:

    What are you, an idiot? Put it in a ziplock bag and zip it closed
    (except for the cord).

  6. sounds like the new iPod shuffle with the sports case is what you are
    looking for.

    Quoted message said:

    I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ..

  7. you're better off running without music. i just listen to the voices in my
    head and thats enough entertainment.

    i agree with you about the ziploc bag, that's crazy lengths to protect a 300
    dollar mp3 player. get a garbage bad and wear it like a hat. it might slip
    so you could use belt to tie it around your neck and it will stay in place
    perfectly.

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ..

  8. I looked at the new Apple Shuffle.
    Its so small and light- about the size of a comb-
    that I'm afraid I'd lose it.
    At 3/4 ounce I could fasten it to a baseball cap
    and hang the earphones from up there.
    I dont know how rain-resistant it is.
    The loading software for Windows is included
    in the price.
    The larger one holds 1000 minutes (16 hours)
    of music.

  9. I was originally disappointed with my 3G iPod due to skipping etc, but
    it really just came down to adjusting to the player. By this I mean:
    I bought the sports convertible case (it's a case that has a plastic
    front that allows access to all the controls and has a replaceable
    harder shell to put on the front via Velcro) with an armband.
    Considering the armband, I strap it to my arm but allow the bottom of
    the iPod to rest on the inside of my elbow. This stops any bouncing
    that may occur. Depending on my mood sometimes I hold the iPod and as
    long as you keep your arm in a constant motion that absorbs your ground
    impact it shouldn't skip.
    Of course, I would rather be able to strap it to my arm and forget
    about it, but that technology isn't available yet (for larger music
    collections), considering the number of songs on the iPod vs other
    flash memory based players.
    My latest problem has been keeping my iPod warm during cold runs. My
    battery decreases to about a 45 minute lifespan when I hold it in my
    hand or let the iPod feel the freezing wind when I strap it on my arm.
    The only solution I have found is to strap the iPod onto my arm
    underneath my fleece jacket and use the protective case (convertible
    case with the top Velcro-ed on) to prevent as much wind as possible and
    then for control I use the wired remote.

  10. Quoted message said:

    I was originally disappointed with my 3G iPod due to skipping

    Try walking with you fairy. Skipping makes it bounce too much.

  11. I use a creative muvo 2 4 gig micro drive and a water resistant case from
    case logic. I sweat profusly and never have had a problem with it.
    "FabulustRunner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I was originally disappointed with my 3G iPod due to skipping

    Try walking with you fairy. Skipping makes it bounce too much.

  12. I am using a Creative Muvo C100 sport. It is great so far, I 've only been
    using it since Christmas.

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried iRiver then iPod. Both failed. I believe that
    the pounding that comes from running and the sweet
    destroy these devices.

    I need an MP3 player that can handle the sweet and pounding
    that comes with a long distance runner.
    So do you own sport MP3 that is good enough for a
    runner ?

    ..

  13. Quoted message said:

    , I 've only been
    using it since Christmas.

    On the contrary, that's almost two months. That's probably an endurance record.

  14. I just got a tiny flash drive thing, 256 megs which is easy to fill and
    empty, cost me about 80 bucks, light as a feather, works great, never skips.

  15. Hi theres a bloke on ebay selling them dirt cheap.I just bought a 512mb for
    £26 you then pay about £11 for postage because they come from China.The
    instructions are a joke, but just messing about with it soon gets things
    working.Good luck.
    Vinnie.
    "Xtile" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1110016986.116367575f2de877ed20b5621bcbc82d@teranews...

    Quoted message said:

    I just got a tiny flash drive thing, 256 megs which is easy to fill and
    empty, cost me about 80 bucks, light as a feather, works great, never
    skips.

  16. patricia lawrence said:

    Hi theres a bloke on ebay selling them dirt cheap.I just bought a 512mb for
    £26 you then pay about £11 for postage because they come from China.The
    instructions are a joke, but just messing about with it soon gets things
    working.Good luck.
    Vinnie.
    "Xtile" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1110016986.116367575f2de877ed20b5621bcbc82d@teranews...

    Quoted message said:

    I just got a tiny flash drive thing, 256 megs which is easy to fill and
    empty, cost me about 80 bucks, light as a feather, works great, never
    skips.


    ya, mine's chinese....have had it now for a year and half and works
    great.....

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.