rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Video: Garage/CAR trials riding + destruction

Started by Seager · · Last activity · 19 posts · 531 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
11 October 2005
Last activity
13 October 2005
Original author
Seager
Posts
19
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
531
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–19 of 19
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey, I just finished a demo video of our revamped garage trials course,
    now including a car. (!) It's 8.5min/50meg/DIVX. (you'll need the
    divx codec)

    The quality is pretty good despite using a camera than can only take
    30sec of video at once. If any of you remember the MONDO 2005 video -
    it's the same camera.

    http://tinyurl.com/apgdu

    or direct download link:
    http://tinyurl.com/9taht

    Warning: The Adam Sandler song "ode to my car" is part of the
    soundtrack and contains swearing. Keep the sound down if you are
    worried about children's ears.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  2. I like the helmet test!

    --
    gbarnes

    George C. Barnes IV
    GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
    http://www.gb4mfg.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  3. I did like that helmet test. And I do love that Beatles song (and the
    album Rubber Soul in general). My only suggestion would to work on
    doing away with as many correctional hops as possible. I was feeling
    exhausted watching you guys recovery/correction hop so much. I
    wouldn't even make it through my usual two hour rides...I'd be dead in
    15 mins. Save up that energy. I noticed that it was causing you to
    miss some really nice gaps and ups. You'll be surprised at how you are
    better able to judge trials situations with a more clear and focused
    head...and how quick and clean your lines turn out on video. You'll be
    more controlled and accurate riders.

    All around...a good video. I wish I had my own trials playground.
    Wait...I do. On campus, right outside my door! Haha!

    Don't mean to sound negative. I try to offer an honest constructive
    opinion and criticism. Feel free to do it to me, when I try to piece
    together a short film of my own next summer.

    Later,
    Evan

    --
    TrialsUni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  4. Thanks for the advice. Alot of those correction hops are because many
    of the obstacles are freakin' bouncy. We've got jacks under the car to
    try to get rid of the suspension but it's not 100% effective.

    It's something to work on 🙂

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  5. Nice video. I hope you realise how very lucky you are to have such a
    great trials course in your garage!

    Andrew

    --
    andrew_carter

    *http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
    unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
    *'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
    ___________
    WORKS ON CONTINGENCY*?*
    NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andrew_carter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1052
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  6. i cant seem to be able to watch it...i downloaded the divx player but
    its not doin anything....help plz

    --
    trials_uni

    You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
    -Phil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  7. Great vid!! You guys are rockin' out!

    Mark, nice seat out stuff!

    see ya...
    Joe in iowa

    --
    Mojoe

    9 mile skid on a 10 mile ride...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  8. danget!

    all i get is the music

    --
    manon1wheel

    getting better... lvl 7 unicyclist

    ---10 steps to success
    1.try
    2.try again
    3.try once more
    4.do research
    5.ask someone that has already done it
    6.never stop trying
    7.try again

    -.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  9. To view it download this codec:
    http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe and then view it in windows
    media player.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  10. i'm trying to do fewer correction hops. not all the obstacles are
    sturdy, but yeah, there's always room for improvement. i also need to
    work on pedal grabs. the 4 stack is something i can sif hop, but i'm
    using the low height as an easy hop for pedal grab practice.

    trust us, we definitely know how lucky we are to have such a huge
    garage and the materials to put that together.

    --
    markf

    stuck in iowa and unemployed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  11. i think my computer is too dumb for divx it just says that its
    connecting for like half an hour

    --
    trials_uni

    You can't get up and try it again if you don't fall first.
    -Phil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  12. markf said:

    i'm trying to do fewer correction hops. not all the obstacles are
    sturdy, but yeah, there's always room for improvement. i also need to
    work on pedal grabs. the 4 stack is something i can sif hop, but i'm
    using the low height as an easy hop for pedal grab practice.

    trust us, we definitely know how lucky we are to have such a huge
    garage and the materials to put that together.

    you guys have an admirable spirit. keep it up!

    it's good to practice on low stuff first, so no bad technique develops.

    --
    TrialsUni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  13. Nice movie, I liked it. Nice riding place too, but my indoor trials
    garage is bigger than yours! We have an unused old car shop/garage type
    thing in our backyard, that I have setup with trials stuff. Its really
    nice. But I dont have a car in it....

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pshycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.
    'My gallery[UPDATED: 10/12/05] ' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  14. i have to wait until it finishes downloading, but it sounds like a good
    surprise 😉

    --
    theotherguy

    can i have §100 please?
    😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    theotherguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10761
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  15. you.
    killed.
    the.
    car.

    and the helmet.

    --
    theotherguy

    can i have §100 please?
    😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    theotherguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10761
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  16. There really isn't much more satisfying than spray painting and
    destroying a car with large pieces of wood. Aside from unicycling on
    it, that is.

    It's great, if I get bored and I go out to the garage and beat the heck
    out of a car with my crowbar for awhile. It's every kids dream.

    Shooting the headlights and mirrors out with a high powered pellet gun
    was also enjoyable.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  17. im chossing not to take your advice and wear on of them helemts when
    being jumped on.:eek:

    --
    Fly04066814

    Buy my T-shirt😄 *\/*
    '*I Love Uni T-shirt with character
    *😄' (http://www.cafepress.com/unicyclegear.17030083)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fly04066814's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8845
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  18. haha i liked that video... you oculd tell you guys were having fun... it
    was cool

    Chase

    --
    Unitik908

    All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
    R.I.P Unibiker
    R.I.P Gazzaloddi
    R.I.P Paul Hester
    R.I.P James Doohan
    R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
    R.I.P Peter Jennings
    R.I.P Pope John Paul II
    R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
    YAMS

    -last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unitik908's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8690
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

  19. thanks for all the compliments. we're (of course) always filming more
    stuff, and hopefully can spawn a new videeo before too long.

    --
    markf

    stuck in iowa and unemployed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43895

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.