Mr Valverde vows to prove his innocence 😕 it sound like he is being used as a scapegoat.
cyclingnews.com said:
Acknowledges possiblity of world-wide ban
Following the confirmation of his ban from riding in Italy by the Court of Arbritration for Sport earlier this week, Alejandro Valverde has pledged that he will "fight and do everything that I can" to prove his innocence.
Valverde was speaking at a reception where he was presented with an award as athlete of the year for 2009 in his home region of Murcia. "I'm going to continue with my normal training after speaking with [Caisse d'Epargne team boss] Eusebio Unzué. We are not going to throw in the towel although this is something that's hard to live with," said the Spaniard, who will be 30 next month.
UCI finally doing something I can fully agree with...Hmmm, the CAS is located in what country??? Could it be the country that dropped the charges against Ullrich already...nahh, couldn't be...