Road Cycling · Public discussion

US Panasonic - Shimano team early 80's

Started by Evan Evans · · Last activity · 8 posts · 2,022 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
26 October 2003
Last activity
27 October 2003
Original author
Evan Evans
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,022
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
    1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange & white
    Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse spelling) were
    key members.

  2. (Evan Evans) said:

    Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
    1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange & white
    Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse spelling) were
    key members.

    Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or predessor
    of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.

    JT

    *******************************************
    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit jt10000.comjt10000.com
    *******************************************

  3. "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    (Evan Evans) said:

    Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
    1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange &
    white Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse
    spelling) were key members.

    Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or predessor
    of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.

    Did Danny Clark (of track racing fame) Race in the US?

    Quoted message said:


    JT

    *******************************************
    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit jt10000.comjt10000.com
    *******************************************

  4. "Nick Burns" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    (Evan Evans) said:

    Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
    1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange &
    white Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse
    spelling) were key members.

    Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or
    predessor of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.

    Did Danny Clark (of track racing fame) Race in the US?


    Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
    Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

  5. "Evan Evans" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
    Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

    IIRC, Chris Carmichael and David Ware both rode for them as well.

  6. "Evan Evans" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
    Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

    I think Danny Clark was Rider of the Year at T-town one year.

  7. I believe the team roster was Clark, Donaghy, Walton, Pearson, and Jackson. I had to put new rear
    triangles on all the track frames because the dimensions were skewed and they were unuseable as they
    were delivered from Panasonic. There's a photo here with them all lined up, rider's names on top
    tubes, before the surgery was performed.

    e-RICHIE

    www.richardsachs.com

  8. "richard sachs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I believe the team roster was Clark, Donaghy, Walton, Pearson, and Jackson. I had to put new rear
    triangles on all the track frames because the dimensions were skewed and they were unuseable as
    they were delivered from Panasonic. There's a photo here with them all lined up, rider's names on
    top tubes, before the surgery was performed.

    e-RICHIE

    www.richardsachs.com

    That was cool! Thanks!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.