rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unis on the Local News

Started by BoojiBoy · · Last activity · 8 posts · 430 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
19 May 2005
Last activity
21 May 2005
Original author
BoojiBoy
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
430
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The Gym Dandies were on the news tunite. They're a big group of young
    unicyclists and jugglers in Scarborough Maine. I think Kaycee is or was
    a member. Apparently they're going to be performing in the thanksgiving
    day parade in NY. I managed to record the whole segment for your viewing
    pleasure.

    http://tinyurl.com/b4n5t

    6mb divx

    --
    BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

    www.skawabunga.com
    www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
    www.epluribusfunk.tk
    gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  2. Yep, we are going to be in the Macy's day parade. About 60 of us are
    going we will be riding graiffes.

    If anyone around there wants to meet up after I probally could. I would
    love to do some Muni, Trials, Street, or Cokering with anyone around.

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  3. that's pretty spiffy, can't wait to see it in the parade!!

    something that I laughed at because I'm easily amused....

    "I feel like I'm the center of the world.... on top of the
    universe...."

    :p

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  4. This is gonna sound stupid.... but what is the Macy parade

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  5. caw89 said:

    *This is gonna sound stupid.... but what is the Macy parade *

    At first I thought that you may have been from another country, which
    was confirmed when I saw that you were from California.

    Have you heard of the Tournament of Roses Parade?

    It's like that but instead of in California, it is out of NY. Huge
    parade, seen every Thanksgiving day morning on TVs everywhere. Floats,
    bands, Big character balloons on ropes etc

    http://www.macys.com/campaign/parade/index.jsp?bhcp=1

    --
    One on one - Geezer Unicyclists Of America

    "However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
    he/she could black out."
    -Memphis Mud

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  6. [font=times]THANKS, HOPE EVERYONE WHOS IN IT HAS FUN[/font]

    --
    caw89 - Cody

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

    'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

    AIM: unicaw89
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  7. KcTheAcy said:

    *Yep, we are going to be in the Macy's day parade.*


    This is a common misnomer people use in NY (and surrounding areas I
    guess). There is no such thing as Macy's Day, a fact that I think even
    Macys freely admits.

    Try Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

    It's about time there were some more unicyclists in that parade! I
    researched it when I was the club guy out there, but we never got
    ourselves a video of our group in a parade, which they required to let
    us in. It's a parade, and a TV show.

    --
    johnfoss - The wilder Wilder

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

  8. James_Potter said:

    *that's pretty spiffy, can't wait to see it in the parade!!

    something that I laughed at because I'm easily amused....

    "I feel like I'm the center of the world.... on top of the
    universe...."

    :p *

    Heh, I poked a little fun at her today, but the news likes stuff like
    that.

    They recorded that on Wednesday, I go on Thursdays. They put all the
    good and cool kids in the Thursday group.

    Dose anyone have some ideas to get sum more money. We always do the
    normal fundraising stuff but any tips to get larger corporate type
    donations?

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    ¤-Kaycee
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

    http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40497

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.