rec.sport.unicycling ยท Public discussion

Uni ride at Ray's

Started by Tigger ยท ยท Last activity ยท 39 posts ยท 783 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
9 November 2005
Last activity
6 April 2006
Original author
Tigger
Posts
39
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
783
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21โ€“39 of 39
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'll go as long as I can get there. I can leave school at 430pm on
    friday. If anyone is driving through the 95 and 476 meeting area pick
    me up. if possible.

    --
    Tim

    Tim 'Braun' (http://www.tim.com.mk/izdanija/1/189.jpg)

    Smoking Jagurs old pipe.

    mmm sponsored by Arrow Racing good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  2. This event has a great amount of interest, but who is in charge?

    Let's put someone in charge of organizing... like Tigger &
    HardcoreCokerRider.

    Suggested dates to AVOID: Moab MUni Fest, March 24-26, 2006

    I really like the dates March 11th or 12th, but keep in mind Ray's is
    very busy on the weekend.

    --
    cowan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10985
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  3. I'm pretty sure HCR is organizing it, since he sorta invented the sport
    and all...and is looking for sponsors...and organized last year's
    event.

    Any weekend! Can we get in after-hours like last time?

    --
    hell-on-wheel

    On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  4. Brian MacKenzie said:

    I would like to go, but my only available weekend in march would be the
    last weekend.

    if that works, count my in, if it doesn't work, I won't have to smash
    my face in

    It would be really great if you could participate again this year...
    without smashing your face this time! I'm going to be in LA the last
    weekend of March, so that won't work for me. Let me know if any of the
    dates listed below work for you...

    cowan said:

    sounds ncie. we have about 10-15 muni riders around akron/cleveland who
    would be in. i plan to buy their annual pass and visit weekly. The
    owner is real cool about MUNI. It's all about bringing respect to our
    sport. Last year, the policy was NO BMX'ers. This year, they have
    select times for bmx.

    "10-15 muni riders around akron/cleveland who would be in"... that's
    freakin' great! Any of them ride Cokers... or are they all 24"/26"
    riders? The 24"/26" competition is going to be REALLY competitive this
    year! I hope we can get a decent turnout of Coker riders, too. You're
    -so lucky- to live near Rays! I'm sure Ray remembers me from last
    year... we chatted for a while and he was eager to have me back again
    for another competition... just mention the guy on the 36" unicycle
    whose head had an intimate encounter with the pipe going across his
    ceiling (which is the closing scene in the video I posted a while back
    that was shot at Rays) and that should jog his memory!

    Tim said:

    I'll go as long as I can get there. I can leave school at 430pm on
    friday. If anyone is driving through the 95 and 476 meeting area pick
    me up. if possible.

    Hopefully there will be enough interest that it will be easy for
    someone nearby (or passing by) to give you a ride. As a last resort, I
    could probably take a detour and come pick you up.

    hell-on-wheel said:

    I'm pretty sure HCR is organizing it, since he sorta invented the sport
    and all...and is looking for sponsors...and organized last year's
    event.

    Any weekend! Can we get in after-hours like last time?

    I think we should be able to get in again after-hours like last time.
    Can't wait to see you tear up that course again (I'll have to add more
    difficult sections this time). You really blew me away with your riding
    last year. I especially loved at the end when you rode those
    consecutive quarter-pipe style ramps in the back of the place backwards
    (you rode the ramps backwards, not your unicycle - which was
    incredible! Riding the ramps on your unicycle backwards would be a
    formula for a broken neck and/or skull)!

    _________________________________________________________________

    I'll speak to Ray and find out about renting the facility after closing
    time so we can have the entire place to ourselves again.

    REGARDING DATES, WHICH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WEEKENDS WORKS BEST FOR
    EVERYBODY:

    F e b r u a r y 2 5 t h & 2 6 t h
    M a r c h 4 t h & 5 t h
    M a r c h 1 8 t h & 1 9 t h
    A p r i l 8 t h & 9 t h

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  5. I made a mistake by including Feb. 25th & 26th (Ray has an event
    scheduled on Feb. 25th), so I've replaced that choice with Feb. 19th
    and Feb 20th (I believe that was close to the date we held it last
    year).

    [ C O L O R = \ " B l u e \ " ] _ T h e _ u p d a t e d _ c h o i c e
    _ o f _ d a t e s _ a r e : _

    F e b r u a r y 1 9 t h & 2 0 t h
    M a r c h 4 t h & 5 t h
    M a r c h 1 8 t h & 1 9 t h
    A p r i l 1 8 t h & 1 9 t h

    If Brian can't make any of the above dates, then we can also include
    the original date, March 11th & 12th as an option.

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  6. april's date works perfect for me, all the other dates are sketchy at
    best, if even do-able...

    (thanks for being so accomodating, but whatever works best for the most
    of course!)

    --
    Brian MacKenzie
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  7. Brian MacKenzie said:

    april's date works perfect for me, all the other dates are sketchy at
    best, if even do-able...

    (thanks for being so accomodating, but whatever works best for the most
    of course!)

    I seem to be having major difficulties getting my list of dates
    straight... the correct April optionis April 8th & 9th (NOT April 18th
    & 19th, as my last post indicates).

    Ok, Brian... then I'd like to try for April 8th & 9th. How does that
    work for weveryone else?

    _HERE_(FINALLY!)_ARE_THE_CORRECT_CHOICE_OF_DATES,_WITH_THE_MOST_PREFERABLE_DATE_IN_BLUE_TEXT,_UNDERLINED,_AND_STARRED:_

    F e b r u a r y 1 9 t h & 2 0 t h
    M a r c h 4 t h & 5 t h
    M a r c h 1 1 t h & 1 2 t h
    M a r c h 1 8 t h & 1 9 t h
    _ [ C O L O R = \ \ " B l u e \ \ " ] A p r i l _ 8 t h _ & _ 9 t h _
    *

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  8. HardcoreCokerRider said:

    I especially loved at the end when you rode those consecutive
    quarter-pipe style ramps in the back of the place backwards (you rode
    the ramps backwards, not your unicycle - which was incredible! Riding
    the ramps on your unicycle backwards would be a formula for a broken
    neck and/or skull)!

    Riding them from the other direction would've been nearly
    impossible...hmm, something to shoot for. April 8-9 works for me
    (though March 11-12, 18-19 are the beginning and end of my Spring
    Break).

    --
    hell-on-wheel

    On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  9. I think April 8th or 9th would be great! After hours I think would be
    best, that way we can set up for stuff and not be in the way.๐Ÿ˜‰

    --
    Tigger

    A day wasted, is only a day that you didn't smile!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tigger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8877
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  10. anytime in april works for me!

    --
    Brian MacKenzie
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  11. hell-on-wheel said:

    Riding them from the other direction would've been nearly
    impossible...hmm, something to shoot for. April 8-9 works for me
    (though March 11-12, 18-19 are the beginning and end of my Spring
    Break).

    Might not be "nearly impossible" from the other direction on a Coker,
    though from what I remember there wasn't all that much run-up distance
    between them, which makes it more difficult (on the Coker, anyway). It
    would probably be doable on a Coker with longer cranks for quicker
    acceleration. I wouldn't bet against you doing it on your Muni,
    though... because there were at least 3 sections you cleaned last year
    that I didn't think were doable on anything smaller than a Coker... til
    I saw you in action!

    Tigger said:

    I think April 8th or 9th would be great! After hours I think would be
    best, that way we can set up for stuff and not be in the way.๐Ÿ˜‰

    Brian MacKenzie said:

    anytime in april works for me!

    *IT LOOKS LIKE -APRIL 8 & 9- IS LOOKING GOOD.

    ::I'll speak to Ray about locking in the date and having use of the
    place after hours.::*

    Here's a pic from last year's event from a section I really liked
    (sorry for the lousy qualty). The section doesn't look like anything
    special, but it was a bit tricky on the Coker (the 24"/26" guys didn't
    have any problem with it at all). It took me several attmepts to nail
    it because I had to have just the right entry speed and then maintain
    my momentum through the dip. It really was a lot of fun! I can't wait
    for this year's event!

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: Rays_Rolling_Trials_36er.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/10724 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    HardcoreCokerRider
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  12. Chris, Nick and myself and maybe a few others from The Wonders Uni Club
    might be able to make it. We were just talking about how much fun we
    had there last year.

    It is a great place and lots of variety.

    Hey Brian, got another movie to premier? ๐Ÿ™‚

    Bill

    --
    billham
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  13. billham said:

    Hey Brian, got another movie to premier? ๐Ÿ™‚

    Bill

    nah, just one to film for

    --
    Brian MacKenzie
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  14. I''ll try to make it down. Any time is fine for me, I just need to take
    off from work.

    Brian, any news on the stuff about arrow?

    --
    digitalattrition

    We will eat Big and his brother Huge for breakfast. We will definitely
    have a solid grip on Extreme.
    --Nick Dijohn

    Main Men: Kevin, Tim, Dijohn, Joe, Jim, Bevan

    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
    http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
    'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  15. I know I started the thread but I'll be there it sounds great

    --
    Tigger

    A day wasted, is only a day that you didn't smile!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tigger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8877
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  16. digitalattrition said:

    I''ll try to make it down. Any time is fine for me, I just need to take
    off from work.

    Brian, any news on the stuff about arrow?

    No. Their window is now closed

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  17. I'm also itching to get back, apparently the face lift since last time
    is incredible! (and I'm not talking about the part where people lifted
    my face from that stunt)

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  18. This sounds like a lot of fun, but I have a few questions. How much
    will it cost to get in? Will there be a 19" competition? Can anyone
    give me a ride from Wisconsin?

    --
    koebwil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

  19. We two will be there with our 24 inchers. Can't wait!

    --
    wadebrothers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wadebrothers's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11968
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44582

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.