Cycling Training · Public discussion

unexpectedly early start to season

Started by BullGod · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,243 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
9 February 2007
Last activity
10 February 2007
Original author
BullGod
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,243
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just saw my race schedule - Have a club race this sunday and then an Elite/2/3 regional championship the following sunday.

    I've just been on a 2 week vacation, and prior to that have only been training L4....no L5/6 or sprinting yet. My weight is fine (69kg), and I estimate current FTP to be about 320w on a good day.

    is it feasible to think about turning up with no L5,6,7 under my beslt thus far? with 2 weeks to go what training can I do to get in shape for an 80km fast flat race?

    any advice fellas?

  2. Don't beat yourself up over not doing well. It is training, and will tell you where you need to work. Keep on your current plan(don't bother trying to perform at the race by tapering).

    Watch out for injuries if you are coming in too fast. Keep your knees warm, lots of embrocation.

  3. BullGod said:

    I just saw my race schedule - Have a club race this sunday and then an Elite/2/3 regional championship the following sunday.

    I've just been on a 2 week vacation, and prior to that have only been training L4....no L5/6 or sprinting yet. My weight is fine (69kg), and I estimate current FTP to be about 320w on a good day.

    is it feasible to think about turning up with no L5,6,7 under my beslt thus far? with 2 weeks to go what training can I do to get in shape for an 80km fast flat race?

    any advice fellas?

    I'm surprised you're asking us, but.. I'd throw in quite a few 30 second near sprints to simulate attacks in the road race. I'm currently starting to do this as I know road races here consist of easy riding interspersed with sudden attacks and 1-2 minute riding at high speed. I wouldn't ride too hard overall since you've been off the bike a few weeks. That means not too much volume.

    -bikeguy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.