rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

UK MUni Ride Coed Llandegla Forest

Started by norry · · Last activity · 8 posts · 309 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
10 November 2005
Last activity
11 November 2005
Original author
norry
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
309
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is a newly build privately-owned recreation facilities in North
    Wales. Only 2/3 months old!

    See

    http://www.coedllandegla.com/index.htm

    From the site 'All tracks are completely enclosed within the forest,
    with no main roads to cross. Within the Visitor Centre there is a café
    and a variety of facilities for bikers, all just 7 miles from Wrexham
    and 14 miles from Chester.'

    For some pictures see

    http://www.flattyresmtbroutes.com/Llandeglashopride.html

    Ok, this is very late notice 🙂 but we are going to be taking our bikes
    and muni's to Llandegla this weekend on the 12th (Saturday).

    This is a heads up for anyone who may be interested. It is quite
    possible that we will be the first muni riders in the UK to ride there
    (or at least among the first few).

    --
    norry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  2. Sounds cool but I've got a few baby-minding debts to pay back after last
    weekend's Dartmoor muni 🙁
    Another time perhaps?

    --
    rob.northcott

    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
    skydive twice
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  3. No problem, it was only last min that I decided to bring the Muni. I'll
    have to organise something a bit more formal with lots of warning in
    the future 🙂

    --
    norry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  4. I could be up for that depending on the work situation.
    Whereabouts in the northwest are you? (I live in Macclesfield).
    Would you be taking 24" Muni's?

    --
    MrBoogiejuice

    Cars suck.
    Ride a unicycle.
    Be happy.

    Make crumbs not War!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  5. I live in Wigan and Craig in Lymn, as you ask will you be needing a
    lift?

    As Craig has commitments with his friend (who is biking) it is possible
    that it could be just me on the Muni. Craig is bringing his muni
    however.

    As my choice of Uni is either a 20" or a 24" i'll be doing it on my 24"
    🙂 it might be 29able but i've never been there before so not sure.

    If you are interested let me know.

    --
    norry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  6. If you're passing near Macclesfield a lift would be fantastico. If
    that's not convenient then no worries.

    I don't have a 29'er unfortunately and if you're 24'ing then it would
    make sense for me to also. I've been wanting to go for a decent ride
    fopr the last week or so as I've just invested in some new Muni'ing
    shoes. Be a good oppurtunity to put them through their paces.

    Cheers,

    Kit

    --
    MrBoogiejuice

    Cars suck.
    Ride a unicycle.
    Be happy.

    Make crumbs not War!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MrBoogiejuice's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5515
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  7. If it's suitable for beginners I would love to come next time. Too short
    notice for this time.

    Cathy

    --
    cathwood

    'Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
    victims may be the most oppressive - C.S.Lewis

    'http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk' (http://www.chuckingandtwirling.
    co.uk)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cathwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

  8. MrBoogiejuice, Macclesfield is in the opposite direction to where i'll
    be travelling from so I lift is unlikely as I might stay on after the
    Uni ride and do a bike ride etc. email me on norry [at] norry [dot]
    [co] [dot] [uk] and i'll give you a call.

    Cathy, there are actually 3 routes

    Family Route (blue) 4 km/2.5 miles
    Beginner Route (green) 12 Km/7.5 miles
    Intermediate Route (red) 18 km/11 miles

    So i'm sure there would be something there to suit all tastes. Next
    time I will get more organised and give people more warning. Reason I
    didn't was because it was arranged as a biking event but i decided to
    change the plans slightly at last notice 🙂

    --
    norry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/44608

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.