Calling all Edinburgh residents. Given the proportionally high number of us, would people be interested in a "meet"?
I would suggest a weekend get together. Bike ride (Of some variety) followed by "Peddling Stories"; http://qurl.net/35
This would of course be open to those funny people who live in other places than Edinburgh. I can supply accomodation and food for one person but bear in mind that this is Festival season so accomodation will probably be limited.
I can't make the weekend of the 14th August but am free for all others.
Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:
Any takers?
Being Edinburgh born and bred, I'll be there in spirit, but the plane fare would kill me (or rather my wife would if I buggered off for a week just to meet up with some URCers).
Anyway, I'm off for a ride around Perth. It's pissing with rain and damned cold, but I really need the exercise.
Jon Senior jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk said:
Calling all Edinburgh residents. Given the proportionally high number of us, would people be interested in a "meet"?
Quoted message said:
I would suggest a weekend get together. Bike ride (Of some variety) followed by "Peddling Stories"; http://qurl.net/35
Quoted message said:
This would of course be open to those funny people who live in other places than Edinburgh. I can supply accomodation and food for one person but bear in mind that this is Festival season so accomodation will probably be limited.
Quoted message said:
I can't make the weekend of the 14th August but am free for all others.
Quoted message said:
Any takers?
Possibly. Might be a good occasion for some people to have a try at a variety of sensible bikes 🙂 If we do Pete and I can probably organise our own accomodation, if we don't want to take the late train that stops at every lamp post back...
I can't make the weekend of the 14th August but am free for all others.
Was planning to be at the Festival that week myself. Finding that there's no accomodation left in Edinburgh Yoonies halls has left me less certain I'll make it this year.
I see the abbreviation URC quite a lot in this forum but I haven't a clue what it means.
Can someone enlighten me?
urc is the *newsgroup* uk.rec.cycling It isn't a forum even though you are accessing it via a website called cyclingforums.
There are lots of newsgroups, they are better accessed with a deicated newsreader rather than a web browswer, and they form a hierarchy. Thus URC is a UK group within the UK recreation groups. Many groups shorten their name to its initials or some other abbreviation.
I see the abbreviation URC quite a lot in this forum but I haven't a clue what it means.
Can someone enlighten me?
urc is the *newsgroup* uk.rec.cycling It isn't a forum even though you are accessing it via a website called cyclingforums.
Indeed, I'm not blaming the original poster, but I find it extremely annoying that cyclingforums takes all our posts and packages it as if it's its own, having the temerity to call us guests.
The fact that they don't make this clear to their users leads to this kind of misunderstanding.
On 21/7/04 1:04 am, in article [email hidden], "Graeme"
Quoted message said:
Being Edinburgh born and bred, I'll be there in spirit, but the plane fare would kill me (or rather my wife would if I buggered off for a week just to meet up with some URCers).
Quoted message said:
Anyway, I'm off for a ride around Perth. It's pissing with rain and damned cold, but I really need the exercise.
"Colin Blackburn" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:
Yours might still be warmer than ours, summer has yet to arrive (though it was nice in Edinburgh at the weekend.)
Oh I don't know. Perth in Scotland was 20C yesterday, Perth here was 13C. We've also had plenty of rain, I was out cycling in it this morning. It was torrential, wonderful fun!!!
in message <[email hidden]>, wheelsgoround ([email hidden]'😉
Quoted message said:
I see the abbreviation URC quite a lot in this forum but I haven't a clue what it means.
Can someone enlighten me?
uk.rec.cycling. The name of this newsgroup. The one you're reading now. No, it isn't a forum; and no, it isn't on cyclingforums. Cyclingforums are just a bunch of money-grubbing freeloaders wrapping a Usenet feed in some HTML and some advertising.
-- [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/ ;; Generally Not Used ;; Except by Middle Aged Computer Scientists
Possibly. Might be a good occasion for some people to have a try at a variety of sensible bikes 🙂
Quoted message said:
H'mmmm... tempting. Very tempting. Yes, count me in, I'm pretty flexible about dates.
Better dust off the Muni then... ;-)
Pete. -- Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:35:04 GMT someone who may be Simon Brooke <[email hidden]> wrote this:-
Quoted message said:
Yes, count me in, I'm pretty flexible about dates.
Ditto.
-- David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked keys, unless the UK government prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.