About to buy a new bike:-) I have been thinking about Trek 8000, seems like a nice one. However the dealer told me that GF BigSur is the same bike, but at a lover price. The price difference here in Norway is about $300
From the specs I can see that most parts are identical, but there are a few differences. The frame material is the same, but what about the geometry?
The bike will be used mainly on gravel roads and asfalt (???) roads.
Any opinions about what will be the bike for me? Or clarifications about the (maybe not so) subtle differences will be greatly appreciated.
Both these bike's are about the same .The GF will have a little longer top tube and a shorter stem . It got Genesis Geometry .If the parts are about the same save the 300$ and go GF .But try them both and see what one is more comfortable to you .If your not trail riding you could put some slick on the bike to make it more road friendly. Kenda make a nice tire for riding on the road .I have a set for my Mtn bike.There the Kenda Kwicks {??} Good luck and remember buy what fits you .
Both these bike's are about the same .The GF will have a little longer top tube and a shorter stem . It got Genesis Geometry .If the parts are about the same save the 300$ and go GF .But try them both and see what one is more comfortable to you .If your not trail riding you could put some slick on the bike to make it more road friendly. Kenda make a nice tire for riding on the road .I have a set for my Mtn bike.There the Kenda Kwicks {??} Good luck and remember buy what fits you .
you should probably read the thread on Bontranger cranks before you purchase.
About to buy a new bike:-) I have been thinking about Trek 8000, seems like a nice one. However the dealer told me that GF BigSur is the same bike, but at a lover price. The price difference here in Norway is about $300
From the specs I can see that most parts are identical, but there are a few differences. The frame material is the same, but what about the geometry?
The bike will be used mainly on gravel roads and asfalt (???) roads.
Any opinions about what will be the bike for me? Or clarifications about the (maybe not so) subtle differences will be greatly appreciated.
-Bjarte
Get a Giant XTC 2 instead and Michelin Jet S tires that work for any terrain.
"Super Slinky" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Bjarte K. Engedal said...
Quoted message said:
Hi,
About to buy a new bike:-) I have been thinking about Trek 8000, seems like a nice one. However the dealer told me that GF BigSur is the same bike, but at a
lover
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
price. The price difference here in Norway is about $300
From the specs I can see that most parts are identical, but there are a
few
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
differences. The frame material is the same, but what about the geometry?
The bike will be used mainly on gravel roads and asfalt (???) roads.
Any opinions about what will be the bike for me? Or clarifications about the (maybe not so) subtle differences will be greatly appreciated.
-Bjarte
Get a Giant XTC 2 instead and Michelin Jet S tires that work for any terrain.
For Sale: Two Michelin Jet S tub(e)less tYres. Used for less than a mile. Green in coloUr. Great on assfault, and hardpack dert.
"Bjarte K. Engedal" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Hi,
About to buy a new bike:-) I have been thinking about Trek 8000, seems like a nice one. However the dealer told me that GF BigSur is the same bike, but at a lover price. The price difference here in Norway is about $300
From the specs I can see that most parts are identical, but there are a few differences. The frame material is the same, but what about the geometry?
The bike will be used mainly on gravel roads and asfalt (???) roads.
Any opinions about what will be the bike for me? Or clarifications about the (maybe not so) subtle differences will be greatly appreciated.
-Bjarte
They're both treks, so there's really no difference, except that one has narcissism plastered all over it.
"Super Slinky" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
mojo deluxe said...
Quoted message said:
For Sale: Two Michelin Jet S tub(e)less tYres. Used for less than a
mile.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Green in coloUr. Great on assfault, and hardpack dert.
How much do you want for them? What don't you like about them.
Heh, I was kind of joking......even lost this thread.
I only paid $31 for them on ebay. It's not that I don't like them, but would not feel comfortable using them. Loamy soil and semis, are not good. There's also clay where I ride, and if it has the slightest moisture in it, I'm just asking for it. I replaced them with 2.1 IRC Seracs.