General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

TR:The Langdale Pikes

Started by Sean McMahon · · Last activity · 5 posts · 378 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 March 2005
Last activity
11 March 2005
Original author
Sean McMahon
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
378
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had a walk around the Langdales today - trying to get it in before
    the busy Easter period. It seemed warmer than it has been lately and
    the snow, whilst still present, is receding. I noticed it had virtually
    gone from the Coniston Fells on the way up there.

    Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Regards,
    Sean

  2. Brrrrrr -looked chilly

    What mapping tool is used to generate the 3d route?

    "Sean McMahon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I had a walk around the Langdales today - trying to get it in before
    the busy Easter period. It seemed warmer than it has been lately and
    the snow, whilst still present, is receding. I noticed it had virtually
    gone from the Coniston Fells on the way up there.

    Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Regards,
    Sean

  3. Sean McMahon said:

    I had a walk around the Langdales today - trying to get it in before
    the busy Easter period. It seemed warmer than it has been lately and
    the snow, whilst still present, is receding. I noticed it had virtually
    gone from the Coniston Fells on the way up there.

    Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Happy Birthday, Angus! (Doesn't smile much, does he?)

    How do you match up the panoramas with the names of the hills? Do you
    make a note at the time that you take the photo? (The only time I
    have ever been asked to identify where I was when I took a photo I was
    able to match up my GPS track, on MemoryMap, with my camera time.)

    Judith

  4. No, I don't make any notes but do it from memory (they are done
    immediately following a walk so it's not so bad). I think I have the
    lay of the land now, so that makes it easier as well - I work out
    what's what as I'm walking.

  5. Judith said:

    How do you match up the panoramas with the names of the hills? Do


    you

    Quoted message said:

    make a note at the time that you take the photo?

    Perhaps its a skill or having a photographic memory but even being a
    Lakeland novice I can already recognise the other hills from the areas
    I've visited e.g. from the top of Place Fell looking south-west it was
    easy to name Hartsop Dodd with Caudale Moor behind then Kirkstone
    Pass....etc, etc

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.