UK and Europe · Public discussion

TPE 20:34 M/cr Picc - Leeds

Started by Charley_Ashbury · · Last activity · 11 posts · 475 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
13 September 2004
Last activity
17 September 2004
Original author
Charley_Ashbury
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
475
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know this is a long shot, but thought it might be worth a try.

    Firstly, apologies for the cross-posting, but I thought it might be relevant
    to both newsgroups.

    This evening, I happened to be on a TransPennine Express train, leaving
    Manchester Piccadilly at 20:34, calling at Stalybridge, Huddersfield, and
    terminating at Leeds.

    I had parked my MTB in the cycle space at the end of the carriage, in the
    vestibule area.

    Whilst at Stalybridge, the person behind me left the train, and took their
    bike, which I had parked mine next to.

    I went to help, as I didn't want them to miss their stop, so moved my bike
    out of the way, so they could make a quick exit, and I was duly thanked.

    Unfortunately, on returning to my seat, I realised this cyclist had left an
    item on their seat.

    Getting off at the next stop, Huddersfield, I asked the conductor whether he
    could take the item, and he said it was up to myself what I did with it.

    I advised I would take it to the FGK TPE Lost Property Office at the
    station.

    Unfortuntately, this office had shut at 1900hrs, so I had no choice but to
    hold onto the item, as I found the station unstaffed, bar a train driver,
    who was unable to help.

    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Ta,

    Charley_Ashbury, Huddersfield

  2. "Charley_Ashbury" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Ask the British Transport Police for advice. If you keep hold of the goods
    you are potentially committing the offence of theft.

    John.

  3. On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:23:17 GMT, "Charley_Ashbury"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    snip

    Quoted message said:

    I advised I would take it to the FGK TPE Lost Property Office at the
    station.

    Unfortuntately, this office had shut at 1900hrs, so I had no choice but to
    hold onto the item, as I found the station unstaffed, bar a train driver,
    who was unable to help.

    Unless FGK have changed things, which I doubt, Huddersfield station is
    staffed all night. Did you look for the Supervisors' office? (On
    platform 3).

    Quoted message said:


    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Take it back to the station in the morning and try again.

    Quoted message said:

    Ta,

    yw :-)

    --

    Regards

    Mike

    mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet

  4. "John Turner" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Charley_Ashbury" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Ask the British Transport Police for advice. If you keep hold of the


    goods

    Quoted message said:

    you are potentially committing the offence of theft.

    John.


    Either does or does not commit the offence. If he has committed an offence
    there is then potential for prosecution.
    If he disposes of the item except by returning it to who he thinks is the
    owner or the police is that an offence?

    Quoted message said:
  5. "Mike Roebuck" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Take it back to the station in the morning and try again.

    Ta Mike and John.

    Didn't know there was a supervisors office on platform three.

    I know when Arriva used to run the station there was a cubby hole window in
    what is now the FGK TPE Lost Property Office, went there and rang the bell
    three times to no avail, and didn't want to miss the 21:17 to Sheffield.

    Am taking it there this morning on my way to Manchester.

    Regarding the BTP website, I didn't know they were taking recruits (both
    main staff and specials), so have started an application to them, which I
    wouldn't have done if this hadn't happened.

    Charley_Ashbury, Huddersfield

  6. "Charley_Ashbury" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Regarding the BTP website, I didn't know they were taking recruits (both
    main staff and specials), so have started an application to them, which I
    wouldn't have done if this hadn't happened.

    Best of luck! :-)

    John.

  7. Mike Roebuck said:

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:23:17 GMT, "Charley_Ashbury"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    snip

    Quoted message said:

    I advised I would take it to the FGK TPE Lost Property Office at the
    station.

    Unfortuntately, this office had shut at 1900hrs, so I had no choice but to
    hold onto the item, as I found the station unstaffed, bar a train driver,
    who was unable to help.

    Unless FGK have changed things, which I doubt, Huddersfield station is
    staffed all night. Did you look for the Supervisors' office? (On
    platform 3).

    Quoted message said:


    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Take it back to the station in the morning and try again.

    Quoted message said:

    Ta,

    yw :-)


    Im worried, Im off back in this morning to look where Platform 3 is.
    I know the main supervisors office is on 4/8 (entries from both side)
    and there is a controller on platform 1 with the lost property office
    there which is manned throughout although no one would ever find it,
    it is a couple of doors down on the left twowards platform 2 and
    before you get to the staff mess entry.

  8. Charley_Ashbury said:


    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    National Conditions of Carriage

    SECTION II: CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE RELATING TO LUGGAGE AND LOST PROPERTY

    55. Lost Property

    Lost property found on a Train Company's premises or trains may not be
    regarded as belonging to the finder and must be handed over immediately to
    a Train Company's member of staff for safekeeping.

  9. "Philip" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    National Conditions of Carriage

    SECTION II: CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE RELATING TO LUGGAGE AND LOST PROPERTY

    55. Lost Property

    Lost property found on a Train Company's premises or trains may not be
    regarded as belonging to the finder and must be handed over immediately to
    a Train Company's member of staff for safekeeping.

    It's also a criminal law issue.

    John.

  10. MartinWY said:
    Mike Roebuck said:

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:23:17 GMT, "Charley_Ashbury"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    snip

    Quoted message said:

    I advised I would take it to the FGK TPE Lost Property Office at the
    station.

    Unfortuntately, this office had shut at 1900hrs, so I had no choice but to
    hold onto the item, as I found the station unstaffed, bar a train driver,
    who was unable to help.

    Unless FGK have changed things, which I doubt, Huddersfield station is
    staffed all night. Did you look for the Supervisors' office? (On
    platform 3).

    Quoted message said:


    Any advice as to what I should to now?

    Take it back to the station in the morning and try again.

    Quoted message said:

    Ta,

    yw :-)

    Quoted message said:

    Im worried,

    You should be :-)

    Quoted message said:

    Im off back in this morning to look where Platform 3 is.

    I hit the wrong key, I do apologise (the illogical platform numbering
    doesn't help, though)

    Quoted message said:

    I know the main supervisors office is on 4/8 (entries from both side)

    Yebbut

    Quoted message said:

    and there is a controller on platform 1 with the lost property office
    there which is manned throughout although no one would ever find it,
    it is a couple of doors down on the left twowards platform 2 and
    before you get to the staff mess entry.

    That's the one I was thinking of. In Arriva days I was there on
    several occasions late at night having taxis home arranged due to the
    unadvertised diversion of a a Dewsbury-stopping TPE via Wakefield.

    The one on 4/8 seems to be strictly reserved for traincrew, I would
    defy any passenger to try to gain entry to it at night.

    --

    Regards

    Mike

    mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet


  11. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Im worried,

    You should be :-)

    Quoted message said:

    Im off back in this morning to look where Platform 3 is.

    I hit the wrong key, I do apologise (the illogical platform numbering
    doesn't help, though)


    Thank heavens, I spent 27mins looking for it yesterday afternoon and
    was utterly confusticatedly disconglomerificated!
    (arrival of Pen Line to departure of Pen Line).

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know the main supervisors office is on 4/8 (entries from both side)

    Quoted message said:

    The one on 4/8 seems to be strictly reserved for traincrew, I would
    defy any passenger to try to gain entry to it at night.


    Look on Platform 4 Mike, supervisors office. Public can enter there,
    and there is a counter to wait at, crew enter it via the platform 8
    enterance. As you say, later at night that office is not occupied by
    a supervisor who seems to go to the Platform 1 one.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.