Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Top road cycling cities in US?

Started by sparknote_s · · Last activity · 8 posts · 928 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
28 July 2004
Last activity
29 July 2004
Original author
sparknote_s
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
928
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was just wondering if there are any common cities or areas that are popular with road cycling. Like main places where there are lots of races and riders. I dunno, anybody got any ideas? Madison area maybe for one?

  2. sparknote_s said:

    I was just wondering if there are any common cities or areas that are popular with road cycling. Like main places where there are lots of races and riders. I dunno, anybody got any ideas? Madison area maybe for one?

    Madison is a good one, or at least use to be, same goes for Boulder CO, Portland OR, and of course I'm going to have to throw in Austin. 🙂

  3. Jakebrake said:

    Madison is a good one, or at least use to be, same goes for Boulder CO, Portland OR, and of course I'm going to have to throw in Austin. 🙂

    My guess, observing your monicker, is that you have had a bird's eye view of the entire country many times over.

  4. gntlmn said:

    My guess, observing your monicker, is that you have had a bird's eye view of the entire country many times over.


    steerin' and gearin' is a great way to see it 🙂

  5. Any others?

  6. sparknote_s said:

    Any others?


    Chicago and Minneapolis get high marks, as long as you aren't afraid of cars.

  7. sparknote_s said:

    I was just wondering if there are any common cities or areas that are popular with road cycling. Like main places where there are lots of races and riders. I dunno, anybody got any ideas? Madison area maybe for one?

    Portland Oregon is a great cycling city with alot of hills to train on. The Columbia gorge and Mt Hood. 🙂

  8. Azulene said:

    Portland Oregon is a great cycling city with alot of hills to train on. The Columbia gorge and Mt Hood. 🙂

    Yeah! PDX get's high marks every year for on of the best cities to bike!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.