General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Too close for comfort...

Started by Omelet · · Last activity · 88 posts · 515 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 August 2007
Last activity
19 August 2007
Original author
Omelet
Posts
88
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
515
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81–88 of 88
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Omelet said:


    <lol> Even with frequent cleanings, hard water rings can be an issue.
    They stain too. I still get some hard water deposits at the top where
    the water comes into the toilet bowl.

    You gotta love thread drift - from self-cleaning stoves to toilet
    bowls... 😉
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

    Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

  2. Dee Dee said:


    I'll try vinegar first. I use vinegar for just about everything. I'm
    allergic to myself almost. I'll try it before I bring in chemicals.

    My favorite chemical? Vinegar. Thanks.

    I'm with you on this one, Dee. We have well water too and the limescale
    build up can be a nuisance. Some "el cheapo" white vinegar works wonders.
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

    Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

  3. "ChattyCathy" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Omelet said:


    <lol> Even with frequent cleanings, hard water rings can be an issue.
    They stain too. I still get some hard water deposits at the top where
    the water comes into the toilet bowl.

    You gotta love thread drift - from self-cleaning stoves to toilet
    bowls... 😉

    Cradle to grave, as it were.

    nancy

  4. Nancy Young said:


    "ChattyCathy" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    You gotta love thread drift - from self-cleaning stoves to toilet
    bowls... 😉

    Cradle to grave, as it were.

    <lol> Something like that, yes.
    --
    Cheers
    Chatty Cathy

    Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

  5. On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:07:03 -0400, "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "blake murphy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    i bought this stuff called 'the works' disinfectant toilet bowl
    cleaner at the hardware store, and it works a treat, even if you're
    not fastidious enough to clean every day. cleans the hard water ring,
    too. and none of this 'leave it on for ten minutes' stuff as with the
    other namby-pamby cleaners.

    your pal,
    mr. clean

    Thanks. I'll look for it.
    Dee Dee

    i just looked at the label, and it says it will not harm septic
    systems. it's 20% hydrogen chloride and 80% inert ingredients, for
    you chemists out there.

    your pal,
    blake

  6. "blake murphy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:07:03 -0400, "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "blake murphy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    i bought this stuff called 'the works' disinfectant toilet bowl
    cleaner at the hardware store, and it works a treat, even if you're
    not fastidious enough to clean every day. cleans the hard water ring,
    too. and none of this 'leave it on for ten minutes' stuff as with the
    other namby-pamby cleaners.

    your pal,
    mr. clean

    Thanks. I'll look for it.
    Dee Dee

    i just looked at the label, and it says it will not harm septic
    systems. it's 20% hydrogen chloride and 80% inert ingredients, for
    you chemists out there.

    your pal,
    blake

    Thanks, blake, I looked for it, too, but didn't find it; you're a pal.
    Dee Dee

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,

    ChattyCathy said:
    Omelet said:


    <lol> Even with frequent cleanings, hard water rings can be an issue.
    They stain too. I still get some hard water deposits at the top where
    the water comes into the toilet bowl.

    You gotta love thread drift - from self-cleaning stoves to toilet
    bowls... 😉

    ROFL!!!

    The subject of thread drift might make a good survey!

    Sometimes I make an effort to change the subject line, sometimes I
    don't...
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    ChattyCathy said:
    Dee Dee said:


    I'll try vinegar first. I use vinegar for just about everything. I'm
    allergic to myself almost. I'll try it before I bring in chemicals.

    My favorite chemical? Vinegar. Thanks.

    I'm with you on this one, Dee. We have well water too and the limescale
    build up can be a nuisance. Some "el cheapo" white vinegar works wonders.

    I use a lot of vinegar to clean floors.

    It's also one thing that will totally neutralize tomcat spray.
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.