In article said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Do you wash?
-Tracy
I always rinse meat off.
For steaks and stuff, it rinses off bone dust/fragments that are gritty
when eaten. For other stuff? Well, it just seems tidier and it was what
mom taught me to do.
It sure won't hurt it!
I totally agree. What can it hurt? I wash everything and always keep
meat separate.
If nothing else, it rinses dust off of veggies, and any clotted blood
off of meat. I don't care for the texture of that stuff.
Quoted message said:
The weird thing was that my friend didn't really have a reason why she
didn't bother. If she had come out and said the USDA says..blah blah
blah...but she didn't.
She's not the best of cooks, but she at least tries.
I don't remember my mother washing chicken. My husband used to work in
the food industry (college dining) and is vigilant about food safety.
-Tracy
Mom rinsed/washed all foods for various reasons.
The only thing I don't rinse off is bagged greens, but I'm reconsidering
that.
I need a salad spinner.
--
Peace, Om
Remove _ to validate e-mails.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson