On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:26:08 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I will skip the social implications and image stuff and move directly to the last paragraph and
actually the last lines....
***Chicken*** ๐๐
Or smart??? (G)
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:09:50 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
There is a mix in there. "I like the way I eat now." versus "It is Already less than I want, many
days of each week."
I can definitely understand not wanting to "sacrifice" to lose more weight and reduce your points
which we can define as tasty, additional calories, an indulgence or just not having to think
about eating as a task. That makes sense. But you do have to remember that you are now eating
NORMALLY. And while it may feel like deprivation (already less than I want), it is right and
works to keep you healthy and able to move and exercise and breathe and maybe live longer
(alone?? (G))
*** Yeah. I am going to have to remember that it took me 2 or 3 years to actually make exercise a
real habit. Probably take that long to make #NORMAL# eating a habit. I know it is halfway there,
since I feel strong resistance to eating large portions of anything, but I also know it would be
real easy to let some portion size growth sneak in there again. ***
I keep reminding myself that I normall eat only half the teriaki chicken at lunch when I
occasionally get the urge to just keep on eating it. It has sufficed for almost a year now, so I
know that I do NOT NEED the additional food but there have been times that I've been tempted to just
eat on through it. And when I was in NY and down in Tucson, we did Chinese food and I did overdo it
- competing with my brother-in-law while my always very thin sister just ate her normal bird's
portion. So my capcity to overdo it is still there. And clearly in weaker moments......
Quoted message said:****And actually, living alone is pretty fine. So speaks the 24/7 careperson, what would I know?***
A different "companion" I would say with very different challenges.
Yes, I got up this morning felt like hiking but dawdled as I wanted (the original idea to go skiing
for the first time this season got scotched by rain in the passes!). No one to answer to and no
other schedule to abide by. Selfish, spoiled and HAPPY! (G)
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:But I do know how you may feel. I have realized in the last few days that unless I get my
requisite activity points that allow me to indulge in more dried fruit or a skinny cow or
meringues or a piece of cheese I will gain weight. Over the last 3 or 4 or 6 weeks I gained and
lost but attribute the gain to less activity. My dad's death limited my normal exercise patterns
and I gained weight - of course, there were also the stress and comfort food longings but it was
not out of hand - I am more or less certain it was the lessened activity. That means a serious
look at how much I eat on wetter weeks or tired weeks or when I slow down. That will make a
serious blow in my food choices and I'm not sure that I will like that at all either.
****This is so true. One thing I love about the flex plan. I eat more on days that I really really
work out. And That is becoming a habit too. I also eat Less on days that I do less difficult
workouts. Grief really calls for food doesn't it? I had to learn to cry, and I am Not a crier. I am
still not good at it, but I found that extra yardwork is good too. I found that on days I don't get
a lot of exercise, if I watch the carbs and eat a lot of veggies I do better. ***
I am munching Meringues as I type - mini-mint. But my fear is that if the exercise lessens, I will
not be able to indulge these "snacks!" Can I find a substitute for foods if I have to??
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I will definitely need to reinforce in my own mind that this is normal eating with ACTIVITY. And
normal eating has to be adjusted based on the circumstances.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:You have done an incredible job and taking time off as you suggested, possibly until Jan 1 sounds
reasonable. That is taking time off from losing weight - not taking time off from keeping it off
which means ON PROGRAM!!!
Yes, I counted on my fingers as I drove home from my hike. Aug/Sept/oct/nov - 4 months of holding
pretty well. And if I add the 6 weeks of maintenance - 5 months. And I met someone I had not seen
in a while on the trail and he commented, you've lost a "ton" of weight. YUP! Now to continue to
keep it off.
Quoted message said:*** I am not Ever going to get up in the morning and not get on the scale. That was where the
weight creep started in the past, and where it would start now, if it did. Reality Bites, but it is
what will keep me On program. And people are right about how the scale lies, but if it keeps me
eating less a few days of the week and staying at goal? What is wrong with That?
I am doing it, too. Neurotic in some books but healthy fact gathering in mine.