UK and Europe · Public discussion

The Washing-machine Post and Ardbeg cycling jerseys

Started by Mike Smith · · Last activity · 9 posts · 929 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
21 January 2005
Last activity
22 January 2005
Original author
Mike Smith
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
929
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. From time to time a read a blog-type site called the "Washing Machine
    Post". This is written by a cyclist who lives on Islay. The title is a
    reference to Graeme Obree's bike.

    A recent issue of the Post mentioned that the Ardbeg distillery had a
    batch of cycling jerseys on sale. I took a look and ordered one.

    It arrived this morning! Yaay!

    The jerseys can be seen here -
    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/archive/archivepost162.html

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    Mike

  2. Mike Smith said:

    From time to time a read a blog-type site called the "Washing Machine
    Post". This is written by a cyclist who lives on Islay. The title is a
    reference to Graeme Obree's bike.

    A recent issue of the Post mentioned that the Ardbeg distillery had a
    batch of cycling jerseys on sale. I took a look and ordered one.

    It arrived this morning! Yaay!

    The jerseys can be seen here -
    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/archive/archivepost162.html

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    Mike


    I like that jersey, nice celtic markings, Mrs MSeries will approve, her
    being Oirish like.

    Please stop talking about fixers though. Being practical I couldn't use
    one round here, I am not strong enough in the t'hills and can't pedal
    fast enough for the downhills, but I WANT ONE

  3. On 21/1/05 11:30 am, in article [email hidden], "Mike

    Smith said:

    From time to time a read a blog-type site called the "Washing Machine
    Post". This is written by a cyclist who lives on Islay. The title is a
    reference to Graeme Obree's bike.

    A recent issue of the Post mentioned that the Ardbeg distillery had a
    batch of cycling jerseys on sale. I took a look and ordered one.

    It arrived this morning! Yaay!

    The jerseys can be seen here -
    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/archive/archivepost162.html

    Very nice..

    Quoted message said:

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    It's a single speed, not a fixie.

    ...d

  4. MSeries said:

    Mike Smith wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    Quoted message said:

    Please stop talking about fixers though. Being practical I couldn't


    use

    Quoted message said:

    one round here, I am not strong enough in the t'hills and can't pedal

    Quoted message said:

    fast enough for the downhills, but I WANT ONE

    Actually I think that's a free-wheeling single speed rather than a
    fixed. A fixed wheel off-roader would be really hairy.

    --
    Dave...

  5. dkahn400 said:
    MSeries said:

    Mike Smith wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    Quoted message said:

    Please stop talking about fixers though. Being practical I couldn't

    use

    Quoted message said:

    one round here, I am not strong enough in the t'hills and can't pedal

    Quoted message said:

    fast enough for the downhills, but I WANT ONE

    Actually I think that's a free-wheeling single speed rather than a
    fixed. A fixed wheel off-roader would be really hairy.

    That would suit me better actually, you are probably right, my mistake.

  6. David Martin said:
    Quoted message said:

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    It's a single speed, not a fixie.


    My mistake, I should have read more carefully. When I saw it was a
    single my first thought was "fixer"!

  7. On 21/1/05 1:32 pm, in article [email hidden], "Mike

    Smith said:
    David Martin said:
    Quoted message said:

    The Post also has a review of a fixed-wheel bike called the Ibis
    Single-malt - see here:

    http://www.ileach.co.uk/post/ibis/index.html

    It's a single speed, not a fixie.


    My mistake, I should have read more carefully. When I saw it was a
    single my first thought was "fixer"!

    The jerseys look good though - quite elegant in a way that most cycling
    jerseys aren't.

    I've put one on my birthday list for the summer.

    ...d

  8. David Martin said:

    I've put one on my birthday list for the summer.

    You should check with the distillery, but I think they might be a
    one-off batch.
    They aren't listed in the distillery shop on the website.

  9. MSeries said:


    Please stop talking about fixers though. Being practical I couldn't
    use one round here, I am not strong enough in the t'hills and can't
    pedal fast enough for the downhills, but I WANT ONE

    Oh come on Martin, if I can get my fat gut around on mine you can manage.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:
    Put an end to Outlook Express's messy quotes
    http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.