General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

The Ol' Atkins training stays with you!

Started by Pat · · Last activity · 20 posts · 185 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 April 2007
Last activity
26 April 2007
Original author
Pat
Posts
20
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
185
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 20
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So, there I am at the Dairy Queen in Valley View, Texas. I haven't eaten for
    7 hours and I am hungry! I get a DQ Dude and a side order of fries and a
    side order of Jalitos (which turn out to be deep fat fried jalapenos).

    Now, a little while later, I wish I hadn't. The fat and coating is sticking
    in my belly like I've swallowed a brick. I feel greasy and sluggish. I keep
    thinking how I felt after eating an Atkins-type meal. I am not enjoying my
    binge--I'm feeling regret!

    An order of fat-fried brick with a side order of regret! Perfect!

    Pat in TX

  2. It's a sucky way to learn a lesson, ain't it? I have done the same though,
    just two weeks ago. Was nervous about my upcoming surgery, craving a dang
    donut for over a month and I had one along with a cup of coffee with
    creamer, etc. Well, my blood sugar shot up to 269 and crashed to 42 before
    it leveled out in the mid nineties. Stupid, stupid stupid. Yeah, I know
    how you feel..............thinking back on it though is there something you
    could have done differently? I don't imagine that there are many
    "healthier" places to eat in Valley View, Tx:-) I know what I needed to
    do...........take my [censored] home and cook me a meal.............sigh:-)

    Carol j

    "Pat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    So, there I am at the Dairy Queen in Valley View, Texas. I haven't eaten for
    7 hours and I am hungry! I get a DQ Dude and a side order of fries and a
    side order of Jalitos (which turn out to be deep fat fried jalapenos).

    Now, a little while later, I wish I hadn't. The fat and coating is sticking
    in my belly like I've swallowed a brick. I feel greasy and sluggish. I keep
    thinking how I felt after eating an Atkins-type meal. I am not enjoying my
    binge--I'm feeling regret!

    An order of fat-fried brick with a side order of regret! Perfect!

    Pat in TX

  3. It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂

    Pat wrote:
    :: So, there I am at the Dairy Queen in Valley View, Texas. I haven't
    :: eaten for 7 hours and I am hungry! I get a DQ Dude and a side order
    :: of fries and a side order of Jalitos (which turn out to be deep fat
    :: fried jalapenos).
    ::
    :: Now, a little while later, I wish I hadn't. The fat and coating is
    :: sticking in my belly like I've swallowed a brick. I feel greasy and
    :: sluggish. I keep thinking how I felt after eating an Atkins-type
    :: meal. I am not enjoying my binge--I'm feeling regret!
    ::
    :: An order of fat-fried brick with a side order of regret! Perfect!
    ::
    :: Pat in TX

  4. "Roger Zoul" <

    Quoted message said:

    It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂

    So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel like carbs
    (whatever that is!).
    I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.

    Pat in TX

  5. Pat wrote:
    :: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::
    :: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel like
    :: carbs (whatever that is!).

    Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing an explosive
    situation, man! 🙂

    :: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::

    I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided the burping,
    bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been digested
    without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy anytime you overeat
    (if that's what you did).

    I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low carb meals.
    Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!

  6. Pat said:

    So, there I am at the Dairy Queen in Valley View, Texas. I haven't
    eaten for 7 hours and I am hungry! I get a DQ Dude and a side order
    of fries and a side order of Jalitos (which turn out to be deep fat
    fried jalapenos).

    Quoted message said:

    Now, a little while later, I wish I hadn't. The fat and coating is
    sticking in my belly like I've swallowed a brick. I feel greasy and
    sluggish. I keep thinking how I felt after eating an Atkins-type
    meal. I am not enjoying my binge--I'm feeling regret!

    Quoted message said:

    An order of fat-fried brick with a side order of regret! Perfect!

    I'm not sure why you keep mentioning the fat. If you normally eat
    low-carb, you know the fat wasn't the problem; the carbs were. (I can
    brown up a pound of 75% lean burger with some spices, stir in a few
    ounces of cream cheese (keeping the fat from the meat in there), and
    eat the whole thing and feel fine. An order of fries is a whole
    different story.) The unfortunate thing about fried foods that you
    buy is that they're almost always heavily breaded.

    Which reminds me, eating low-carb away from home is a pain, no matter
    how much you work at it. Yesterday, I chose grilled walleye over
    fried at a bar and grill, to avoid the breading. It came with
    breading anyway. At a family cookout, I passed on the "honey
    barbecue" ribs and ate the ones that had a dry rub instead, only to
    find out later that the cook decided to add some sugar to the rub at
    the last minute after all. So I was bloated and had a bit of
    heartburn later that night, right on schedule. About the only thing I
    seem to be able to order without getting a carbalicious surprise is an
    omelette. I'm reminded why I mostly eat at home.

    Funny story: Last night someone who ate the same low-carb meals as me
    all day said, "Why is it whenever I eat what you eat, I feel so much
    better?" Of course, that by itself isn't enough to convince her to do
    it. It's not enough to see the truth, when it's up against belief.

    --
    Aaron -- 285/235/200 -- aaron.baugher.biz

    "If you hear hoofbeats, you just go ahead and think horsies, not
    zebras."

  7. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Pat wrote:
    :: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::
    :: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel like
    :: carbs (whatever that is!).

    Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing an
    explosive
    situation, man! 🙂

    :: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::

    I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided the
    burping,
    bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been digested
    without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy anytime you
    overeat
    (if that's what you did).

    I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low carb meals.
    Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!

    Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain products with
    low carb content.

    --
    Bob in CT

  8. Aaron Baugher said:

    About the only thing I seem to be able to order without getting a
    carbalicious surprise is an omelette.

    I've heard that some places, like IHop, put pancake batter in them? So
    if that's the case, just some bacon and eggs might be the only thing
    you can get away with. :-)

    Quoted message said:

    I'm reminded why I mostly eat at home.

    Ditto here -- because of the potential surprises, but also because of
    the cost and the fact that it just irks me to have to pay for stuff
    I'm not going to eat -- like the hash browns and toast that come with
    the omelette --

    Or those scrumptious blueberry muffins I used to get at Perkins!

    Great -- now I'm slobbering. :-)
    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/236/135 -- 01 Jan 2007

  9. When you burp you will taste anything that's in your stomach, that doesn't
    mean what you taste is what's causing the burp.

    Pat wrote:
    | "Roger Zoul" <
    || It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    |
    | So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel like
    | carbs (whatever that is!).
    | I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    |
    | Pat in TX

  10. BlueBrooke wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:11:43 -0500, Aaron Baugher
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: About the only thing I seem to be able to order without getting a
    ::: carbalicious surprise is an omelette.
    ::
    :: I've heard that some places, like IHop, put pancake batter in them?
    :: So if that's the case, just some bacon and eggs might be the only
    :: thing you can get away with. :-)
    ::
    ::: I'm reminded why I mostly eat at home.
    ::
    :: Ditto here -- because of the potential surprises, but also because of
    :: the cost and the fact that it just irks me to have to pay for stuff
    :: I'm not going to eat -- like the hash browns and toast that come with
    :: the omelette --
    ::
    :: Or those scrumptious blueberry muffins I used to get at Perkins!

    See.....If I ride 65 miles, I can eat pancakes at Perkins. In fact, I
    almost have to.

  11. Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Pat wrote:
    ::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    :::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    :::::
    ::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel
    ::::: like carbs (whatever that is!).
    :::
    ::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing an
    ::: explosive
    ::: situation, man! 🙂
    :::
    ::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    :::::
    :::
    ::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided the
    ::: burping,
    ::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    ::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy
    ::: anytime you overeat
    ::: (if that's what you did).
    :::
    ::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low carb
    ::: meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    :::
    :::
    ::
    :: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain products
    :: with low carb content.
    ::

    Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not quite like
    burping up baddies.

  12. On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Pat wrote:
    ::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    :::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    :::::
    ::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel
    ::::: like carbs (whatever that is!).
    :::
    ::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing an
    ::: explosive
    ::: situation, man! 🙂
    :::
    ::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    :::::
    :::
    ::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided the
    ::: burping,
    ::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    ::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy
    ::: anytime you overeat
    ::: (if that's what you did).
    :::
    ::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low carb
    ::: meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    :::
    :::
    ::
    :: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain products
    :: with low carb content.
    ::

    Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not quite like
    burping up baddies.

    Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a reactivity/allergen test
    performed was because I can eat some things, including meats, that
    terribly upset my stomach. In particular, some very fatty foods, like
    salami, can upset the tummy.

    --
    Bob in CT

  13. Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Bob in CT wrote:
    ::::: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    ::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::
    :::::: Pat wrote:
    :::::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::::::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::::::::
    :::::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel
    :::::::: like carbs (whatever that is!).
    ::::::
    :::::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing
    :::::: an explosive
    :::::: situation, man! 🙂
    ::::::
    :::::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::::::::
    ::::::
    :::::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided
    :::::: the burping,
    :::::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    :::::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy
    :::::: anytime you overeat
    :::::: (if that's what you did).
    ::::::
    :::::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low
    :::::: carb meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    ::::::
    ::::::
    :::::
    ::::: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain
    ::::: products with low carb content.
    :::::
    :::
    ::: Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not quite
    ::: like burping up baddies.
    :::
    :::
    ::
    :: Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a
    :: reactivity/allergen test performed was because I can eat some
    :: things, including meats, that terribly upset my stomach. In
    :: particular, some very fatty foods, like salami, can upset the tummy.
    ::

    What is salami anyway? It's a meat product....cured...can sit on the shelf
    for up to a year (some of it, anyway)....lots of salt...yes, I can see that.
    Is it the fat in salami that upsets you, or is it something else?

    :: --
    :: Bob in CT

  14. BlueBrooke .@. said:
    Roger Zoul said:

    Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Bob in CT wrote:
    ::::: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    ::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::
    :::::: Pat wrote:
    :::::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::::::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::::::::
    :::::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel
    :::::::: like carbs (whatever that is!).
    ::::::
    :::::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing
    :::::: an explosive
    :::::: situation, man! 🙂
    ::::::
    :::::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::::::::
    ::::::
    :::::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided
    :::::: the burping,
    :::::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    :::::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy
    :::::: anytime you overeat
    :::::: (if that's what you did).
    ::::::
    :::::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low
    :::::: carb meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    ::::::
    ::::::
    :::::
    ::::: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain
    ::::: products with low carb content.
    :::::
    :::
    ::: Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not quite
    ::: like burping up baddies.
    :::
    :::
    ::
    :: Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a
    :: reactivity/allergen test performed was because I can eat some
    :: things, including meats, that terribly upset my stomach. In
    :: particular, some very fatty foods, like salami, can upset the tummy.
    ::

    What is salami anyway? It's a meat product....cured...can sit on the
    shelf
    for up to a year (some of it, anyway)....lots of salt...yes, I can see
    that.
    Is it the fat in salami that upsets you, or is it something else?

    That would be my question. There's more to salami than pure meat --
    there's other stuff in there, yes?

    It easily could be non-fat items. For instance, I can drink cod liver oil
    with no problems (other than the nasty taste, that is). So, fat in and of
    itself might not be a problem, though I do have some troubles with certain
    products. This morning, for example, I had some beef wrapped in bacon.
    This caused an upset stomach, but supposedly I'm allergic to pork, so
    perhaps it was the pork. Alternatively, it could've been mere coincidence
    and something I ate last night/yesterday really caused the problem.

    --
    Bob in CT

  15. Roger Zoul said:

    Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::
    ::: Bob in CT wrote:
    ::::: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    ::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::
    :::::: Pat wrote:
    :::::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::::::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::::::::
    :::::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion feel
    :::::::: like carbs (whatever that is!).
    ::::::
    :::::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing
    :::::: an explosive
    :::::: situation, man! 🙂
    ::::::
    :::::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::::::::
    ::::::
    :::::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided
    :::::: the burping,
    :::::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    :::::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and heavy
    :::::: anytime you overeat
    :::::: (if that's what you did).
    ::::::
    :::::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low
    :::::: carb meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    ::::::
    ::::::
    :::::
    ::::: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain
    ::::: products with low carb content.
    :::::
    :::
    ::: Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not quite
    ::: like burping up baddies.
    :::
    :::
    ::
    :: Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a
    :: reactivity/allergen test performed was because I can eat some
    :: things, including meats, that terribly upset my stomach. In
    :: particular, some very fatty foods, like salami, can upset the tummy.
    ::

    What is salami anyway? It's a meat product....cured...can sit on the shelf
    for up to a year (some of it, anyway)....lots of salt...yes, I can see that.
    Is it the fat in salami that upsets you, or is it something else?

    That would be my question. There's more to salami than pure meat --
    there's other stuff in there, yes?
    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/236/135 -- 01 Jan 2007

  16. BlueBrooke said:
    Roger Zoul said:
    Bob in CT said:

    > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> Bob in CT wrote:
    >>>> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    >>>> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Pat wrote:
    >>>>>>> "Roger Zoul" <
    >>>>>>>> It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion
    >>>>>>> feel like carbs (whatever that is!).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly, causing
    >>>>> an explosive
    >>>>> situation, man! 🙂
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>> I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have avoided
    >>>>> the burping,
    >>>>> bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    >>>>> digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and
    >>>>> heavy anytime you overeat
    >>>>> (if that's what you did).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low
    >>>>> carb meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen. Factoid!
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain
    >>>> products with low carb content.
    >>>>
    >>
    >> Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not
    >> quite like burping up baddies.
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a
    > reactivity/allergen test performed was because I can eat some
    > things, including meats, that terribly upset my stomach. In
    > particular, some very fatty foods, like salami, can upset the
    > tummy.
    >

    What is salami anyway? It's a meat product....cured...can sit on
    the shelf for up to a year (some of it, anyway)....lots of
    salt...yes, I can see that. Is it the fat in salami that upsets you,
    or is it something else?

    That would be my question. There's more to salami than pure meat --
    there's other stuff in there, yes?

    corn syrup is in alot of those processed meats.........that just tears my
    stomach up.....

    Carol J

  17. Bob in CT wrote:
    :: On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:06:28 -0400, BlueBrooke <.@.> wrote:
    ::
    ::: On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:11:06 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
    ::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::
    :::: Bob in CT wrote:
    :::::: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:47:23 -0400, Roger Zoul
    :::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    ::::::
    ::::::: Bob in CT wrote:
    ::::::::: On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:38:47 -0400, Roger Zoul
    ::::::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:
    :::::::::
    :::::::::: Pat wrote:
    :::::::::::: "Roger Zoul" <
    ::::::::::::: It's the carbs, not the fat! 🙂
    ::::::::::::
    :::::::::::: So why was I burping greasy fat? Why didn't my indigestion
    :::::::::::: feel like carbs (whatever that is!).
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::: Because those damn carbs were fermenting in your belly,
    :::::::::: causing an explosive
    :::::::::: situation, man! 🙂
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::::: I just felt as if I had eaten too much breading and grease.
    ::::::::::::
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::: I know. But had you left off the carbs, you would have
    :::::::::: avoided the burping,
    :::::::::: bloated, greasy feeling altogether. The fat would have been
    :::::::::: digested without problems. Of course, you'll feel full and
    :::::::::: heavy anytime you overeat
    :::::::::: (if that's what you did).
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::: I never get any kind of indigestion from eating high-fat, low
    :::::::::: carb meals. Only when you add carbs does that happen.
    :::::::::: Factoid!
    ::::::::::
    ::::::::::
    :::::::::
    ::::::::: Sadly, I can get some stomach troubles from eating certain
    ::::::::: products with low carb content.
    :::::::::
    :::::::
    ::::::: Yes, certain veggies will "simulate" the gut...but that's not
    ::::::: quite like burping up baddies.
    :::::::
    :::::::
    ::::::
    :::::: Sorry, I meant meats. One of the reasons I had a
    :::::: reactivity/allergen test performed was because I can eat some
    :::::: things, including meats, that terribly upset my stomach. In
    :::::: particular, some very fatty foods, like salami, can upset the
    :::::: tummy.
    ::::::
    ::::
    :::: What is salami anyway? It's a meat product....cured...can sit on
    :::: the shelf
    :::: for up to a year (some of it, anyway)....lots of salt...yes, I can
    :::: see that.
    :::: Is it the fat in salami that upsets you, or is it something else?
    :::
    ::: That would be my question. There's more to salami than pure meat --
    ::: there's other stuff in there, yes?
    ::
    :: It easily could be non-fat items. For instance, I can drink cod
    :: liver oil with no problems (other than the nasty taste, that is).
    :: So, fat in and of itself might not be a problem, though I do have
    :: some troubles with certain products. This morning, for example, I
    :: had some beef wrapped in bacon. This caused an upset stomach, but
    :: supposedly I'm allergic to pork, so perhaps it was the pork.
    :: Alternatively, it could've been mere coincidence and something I ate
    :: last night/yesterday really caused the problem.
    ::

    That's a good point....what you ate a while ago could be still affecting
    your system later on....so determining the exact cause can indeed be
    difficult.

  18. Bob in CT said:

    It easily could be non-fat items. For instance, I can drink cod liver oil
    with no problems (other than the nasty taste, that is). So, fat in and of
    itself might not be a problem, though I do have some troubles with certain
    products. This morning, for example, I had some beef wrapped in bacon.
    This caused an upset stomach, but supposedly I'm allergic to pork, so
    perhaps it was the pork. Alternatively, it could've been mere coincidence
    and something I ate last night/yesterday really caused the problem.

    Hi, Bob --

    It might not even be the pork -- it might be something that was used
    to cure the bacon. I know I can get a reaction if I eat too much
    bacon, but pork chops don't bother me at all.

    Seems to me in order to narrow that down, if you wanted to, you'd have
    to start with stuff that was as pure as you could get it and then add
    to it to find out what the trigger is. Of course, now-a-days with all
    the [censored] they put in the food, you might have a hard time doing that
    on your own. :-)
    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/236/135 -- 01 Jan 2007

  19. BlueBrooke .@. said:

    It might not even be the pork -- it might be something that was used
    to cure the bacon. I know I can get a reaction if I eat too much
    bacon, but pork chops don't bother me at all.

    Yeah, I think Bob mentioned salami as a problem too, so the common
    factor might be the curing. I'd try cutting out all cured meats for a
    few days, and then have some pork chops, and see what happens.

    --
    Aaron -- 285/235/200 -- aaron.baugher.biz

    "If you hear hoofbeats, you just go ahead and think horsies, not
    zebras."

  20. Aaron Baugher said:
    BlueBrooke .@. said:

    It might not even be the pork -- it might be something that was used
    to cure the bacon. I know I can get a reaction if I eat too much
    bacon, but pork chops don't bother me at all.

    Yeah, I think Bob mentioned salami as a problem too, so the common
    factor might be the curing. I'd try cutting out all cured meats for a
    few days, and then have some pork chops, and see what happens.

    Thinking about this today reminded me of what I found in my sunflower
    seeds -- HFCS. Didn't look at the ingredients because I figured
    seeds, salt, a little oil -- I guess they threw in the sugar rush for
    good measure? LOL!

    I don't think it was a big deal -- I used to throw a tablespoon or so
    on my salads. But is there a law or something that they have to put
    that [censored] in *everything* ??
    --
    BlueBrooke
    254/236/135 -- 01 Jan 2007

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.