Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

The Oh So Kinky Brake Line

Started by Joseph Jozwik · · Last activity · 6 posts · 437 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
20 May 2004
Last activity
24 May 2004
Original author
Joseph Jozwik
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
437
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello Everyone,
    I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in it all the time then i have to
    pump my rear brakes for stopping power. Sometimes it works some times it
    doesn't work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded brake lines are not so
    kinky?
    Thanks
    Joe

  2. In news:[email hidden],
    Joseph Jozwik <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,
    I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in it all the time then i
    have to pump my rear brakes for stopping power. Sometimes it works
    some times it doesn't work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded
    brake lines are not so kinky?
    Thanks
    Joe

    I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose isn't zipped to the
    frame too tight at the suspension linkage or something like that? I've
    heard good things about Goodridge brake lines, but haven't used them myself.
    You can find them at http://www.balleracing.com

    Mike

  3. I have a c'dale lefty jekyll so the route of the brake line is a bit
    wrapped.
    I will check out the goodridge link

    "Michael Dart" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In news:[email hidden],
    Joseph Jozwik <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,
    I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in it all the time then i
    have to pump my rear brakes for stopping power. Sometimes it works
    some times it doesn't work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded
    brake lines are not so kinky?
    Thanks
    Joe

    I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose isn't zipped to


    the

    Quoted message said:

    frame too tight at the suspension linkage or something like that? I've
    heard good things about Goodridge brake lines, but haven't used them


    myself.

    Quoted message said:

    You can find them at http://www.balleracing.com

    Mike

  4. Michael Dart said:

    In news:[email hidden],
    Joseph Jozwik <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,
    I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in it all the time then i
    have to pump my rear brakes for stopping power. Sometimes it works
    some times it doesn't work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded
    brake lines are not so kinky?
    Thanks
    Joe

    I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose isn't zipped to the
    frame too tight at the suspension linkage or something like that? I've
    heard good things about Goodridge brake lines, but haven't used them myself.
    You can find them at http://www.balleracing.com

    Mike


    I can confirm, Goodridges will not/cannot kink. Number 1 reason to own
    them, IMO. They are also, "Warrantied Forever."

    Purchased mine from Balle Racing too.
    --
    Slacker - pricy, but well worth it

  5. Thanks I will check them out.
    Joe

    "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Michael Dart said:

    In news:[email hidden],
    Joseph Jozwik <[email hidden]> typed:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,
    I have Hydro Hayes Lines.. I get a kink in it all the time then i
    have to pump my rear brakes for stopping power. Sometimes it works
    some times it doesn't work so good.. Anyone know if those sheilded
    brake lines are not so kinky?
    Thanks
    Joe

    I can't see that causing a kink. Are you sure the hose isn't zipped to


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    frame too tight at the suspension linkage or something like that? I've
    heard good things about Goodridge brake lines, but haven't used them


    myself.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You can find them at http://www.balleracing.com

    Mike


    I can confirm, Goodridges will not/cannot kink. Number 1 reason to own
    them, IMO. They are also, "Warrantied Forever."

    Purchased mine from Balle Racing too.
    --
    Slacker - pricy, but well worth it

  6. Joseph Jozwik said:

    Thanks I will check them out.
    Joe


    FYI, it's really hard to follow a discussion if some people are bottom
    posting and others are top posting.

    Anyway, I have a little 2' piece of hose left over from my installation.
    If you want to feel the hose out before dropping the $$, just shot me an
    email with a ship to address; I'll cut it in half (in case someone else
    wants a sample?) and mail it to you. No need to return it.

    I really didn't have too much of a problem with the stock Hayes hose
    till I kinked one, which was a bit of a PIA. But after seeing just how
    idiot proof and well made the Goodridges are, I'll never use the stock
    hoses again.
    --
    Slacker

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.