General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Thanks for the recipe ....saerah??

Started by Jude · · Last activity · 5 posts · 199 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 May 2006
Last activity
21 May 2006
Original author
Jude
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
199
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I made "Eggs In Purgatory" for brunch today. Somebody - I think it was
    saerah - posted the recipe a while back in the inexpensive dinners
    thread and I'd saved it.

    It was wonderful!

    Everybody cleaned their plates.

    My 9 year old daughter was thrilled 'cuz she could help make it. She
    crushed and sauteed the garlic, poured in the cans of tomato sauce and
    added the herbs, set the timeer, learned how to simmner sauce and
    stirred occasionally. All I did was added the eggs to the hot skillet,
    covered, and served.

    We had it with sourdough toast and cantelope. Delicious, healthy,
    lowfat, nutitious, easy, cheap, and fast. What more could you ask from
    a recipe?

    Thanks! I love the meal ideas I get around here!

  2. Jude said:

    I made "Eggs In Purgatory" for brunch today. Somebody - I think it was
    saerah - posted the recipe a while back in the inexpensive dinners
    thread and I'd saved it.

    It was wonderful!

    Everybody cleaned their plates.

    My 9 year old daughter was thrilled 'cuz she could help make it. She
    crushed and sauteed the garlic, poured in the cans of tomato sauce and
    added the herbs, set the timeer, learned how to simmner sauce and
    stirred occasionally. All I did was added the eggs to the hot skillet,
    covered, and served.

    We had it with sourdough toast and cantelope. Delicious, healthy,
    lowfat, nutitious, easy, cheap, and fast. What more could you ask from
    a recipe?

    Thanks! I love the meal ideas I get around here!

    yeah, it was me. I got the recipe from "the sporanos family cookbook",
    but I've seen it elsewhere also. My kid likes to help me make it, too!

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

    "This morning, I woke up
    Feeling brand new and I jumped up
    Feeling my highs, and my lows
    In my soul, and my goals
    Just to stop smokin, and stop drinkin
    And I've been thinkin - I've got my reasons
    Just to get by, just to get by" -Talib Kweli

  3. sarah bennett said:
    Jude said:

    I made "Eggs In Purgatory" for brunch today. Somebody - I think it was
    saerah - posted the recipe a while back in the inexpensive dinners
    thread and I'd saved it.

    It was wonderful!

    Everybody cleaned their plates.

    My 9 year old daughter was thrilled 'cuz she could help make it. She
    crushed and sauteed the garlic, poured in the cans of tomato sauce and
    added the herbs, set the timeer, learned how to simmner sauce and
    stirred occasionally. All I did was added the eggs to the hot skillet,
    covered, and served.

    We had it with sourdough toast and cantelope. Delicious, healthy,
    lowfat, nutitious, easy, cheap, and fast. What more could you ask from
    a recipe?

    Thanks! I love the meal ideas I get around here!

    yeah, it was me. I got the recipe from "the sporanos family cookbook",
    but I've seen it elsewhere also. My kid likes to help me make it, too!

    Post the recipe again, to refresh our memories.
    --

    Ham and eggs.
    A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

  4. sf said:
    sarah bennett said:
    Jude said:

    I made "Eggs In Purgatory" for brunch today. Somebody - I think it was
    saerah - posted the recipe a while back in the inexpensive dinners
    thread and I'd saved it.

    It was wonderful!

    Everybody cleaned their plates.

    My 9 year old daughter was thrilled 'cuz she could help make it. She
    crushed and sauteed the garlic, poured in the cans of tomato sauce and
    added the herbs, set the timeer, learned how to simmner sauce and
    stirred occasionally. All I did was added the eggs to the hot skillet,
    covered, and served.

    We had it with sourdough toast and cantelope. Delicious, healthy,
    lowfat, nutitious, easy, cheap, and fast. What more could you ask from
    a recipe?

    Thanks! I love the meal ideas I get around here!

    yeah, it was me. I got the recipe from "the sporanos family cookbook",
    but I've seen it elsewhere also. My kid likes to help me make it, too!

    Post the recipe again, to refresh our memories.

    Eggs in purgatory: (adapted from
    The Sopranos Cookbook)

    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 Tb olive oil
    1 cup canned tomato puree or tomato sauce
    1/4 tsp each dried oregano and basil
    salt and pepper
    4 large eggs
    a TB of grated parmesan

    Cook the garlic for a minute over medium heat in a small skillet. add
    the tomato sauce and the seasonings. simmer over a very low heat for
    about 10 minutes, or thickened slightly.
    Using a spoon, make a well for each egg, and carefully slide the eggs
    into the sauce. sprinkle with the cheese and a little bit more pepper (I
    like to use crushed red pepper in this, too). cover and cook over low
    heat for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.cmayes.net/blog/

    "This morning, I woke up
    Feeling brand new and I jumped up
    Feeling my highs, and my lows
    In my soul, and my goals
    Just to stop smokin, and stop drinkin
    And I've been thinkin - I've got my reasons
    Just to get by, just to get by" -Talib Kweli

  5. sarah bennett said:


    Eggs in purgatory: (adapted from
    The Sopranos Cookbook)

    AKA Uova in Purgatorio. It really is a great recipe. In the US, eggs
    are seen as mainly a breakfast dish. Not so in much of the rest of
    the world. I'm with them.

    Poached Eggs with Morel Ragout

    Recipe By 😄avid Rosengarten
    Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Brunch Egg Dishes

    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 pound fresh whole morel mushrooms -- halved if large
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup minced shallots
    1 garlic clove -- minced
    1/3 cup Madeira
    1 cup beef stock
    1 pinch fresh thyme leaves
    4 tablespoons demi-glace
    1/4 cup creme fraiche
    4 large eggs
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 slices homemade-type loaf bread
    Chopped parsley
    Chopped chives
    Chopped tarragon

    Rinse morels under cool water just before cooking. Drain, squeeze
    them gently and pat dry. In a large skillet melt butter, add shallots
    and garlic and saute 3 minutes until softened. Add morels and saute 4
    minutes, until they release their juices. Add Madeira, bring to a
    boil and reduce by half. Add stock and thyme and reduce again by
    half. Add demi-glace and creme fraiche, bring to a boil, stirring
    and reduce until lightly thickened.

    Meanwhile poach eggs for 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon
    to paper towels to drain. Cut bread slices in half to form
    triangles. Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute bread until
    lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dip edges
    of bread in parsley to coat.

    To serve, place 2 bread triangles on each warmed plate, top
    each with a poached egg and top with half of sauce. Sprinkle
    with chives and tarragon to garnish.

    This recipe yields 2 servings.

    --
    Reg

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.