Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
to stop this? Thanks for any help,
Louis
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
tensor fasceia muscles
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 27 April 2007
- Last activity
- 1 May 2007
- Original author
- Louis DeShite
- Posts
- 10
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 308
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Louis DeShite said:
Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
to stop this?Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?Google for "ITB stretch". If you search for images you'll get visual
feedback. I do the standing one with one foot crossed in front of the
other, braced against a wall or countertop, postrun. -
Louis DeShite said:
Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
to stop this? Thanks for any help,Google itb stretch. If you search for images you'll get visual
feedback too.I do the one where one foot's crossed in front of the other, then
lean, braced against a wall or countertop. Postrun. -
"Charlie Pendejo" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?The Tensor Fascia Latte is a muscle that is only activated when leaning over
the Starbucks counter to order one's favorite beverage.--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com -
Dan said:
The Tensor Fascia Latte is a muscle that is only activated when leaning
over the Starbucks counter to order one's favorite beverage.;-)
BUT...
Charbucks ain't got *my* favorite beverage, or really anything in my
top 10.Or even very good coffee.
Doesn't yr buddy L call them "the green and white satan"?
-
D Stumpus said:
"Charlie Pendejo" <[email hidden]> wrote
Quoted message said:
Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?The Tensor Fascia Latte is a muscle that is only activated when leaning over
the Starbucks counter to order one's favorite beverage.Why would one try to order one's favorite beverage in Starbucks? :\
-
On Apr 27, 11:10 am, Charlie Pendejo <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Louis DeShite said:
Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
to stop this?Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?Google for "ITB stretch". If you search for images you'll get visual
feedback. I do the standing one with one foot crossed in front of the
other, braced against a wall or countertop, postrun.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's awesome. Thanks. This was freaking me out
bigtime. -
Louis DeShite said:
On Apr 27, 11:10 am, Charlie Pendejo <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Louis DeShite said:
Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
to stop this?Quoted message said:
Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?Quoted message said:
Google for "ITB stretch". If you search for images you'll get visual
feedback. I do the standing one with one foot crossed in front of the
other, braced against a wall or countertop, postrun.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's awesome. Thanks. This was freaking me out
bigtime.I get ITB now and then and have found that doing this stretch
during the run may allow me to recover without it getting
REALLY bad. Realize that there are other stretches,
rolls and strength exercises that may prevent the problem
from surfacing. If it gets more severe (like in HURT!!!),
you might research those.
....thehick -
thehick said:
Louis DeShite said:
On Apr 27, 11:10 am, Charlie Pendejo <[email hidden]>
wrote:Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Louis DeShite wrote:
> Sorry about the likely bad spelling, but you know the muscles I am
> getting at. They end up really tense and short feeling on me after a
> run and ache the next day; is there an exercise anyone can recommend
> to stop this?Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Presumably the muscle called "TFL" (the L is something like "latte"😉
at the hip end of your IT band?Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Google for "ITB stretch". If you search for images you'll get visual
feedback. I do the standing one with one foot crossed in front of the
other, braced against a wall or countertop, postrun.Quoted message said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's awesome. Thanks. This was freaking me out
bigtime.I get ITB now and then and have found that doing this stretch
during the run may allow me to recover without it getting
REALLY bad. Realize that there are other stretches,
rolls and strength exercises that may prevent the problem
from surfacing. If it gets more severe (like in HURT!!!),
you might research those.
...thehickIt's so weird. It hurts like a mutha when I wake up in the mornings
and this ITB pain just started from nothing. The exercises help a bit,
but I'm really, really flexible as is, so it's hard to stretch the
tissue out as far as I'd like. (Exs: when I sit on the floor, cross-
legged, my legs are pretty much flat and I've alway been able to bend
down to the ground and lay my hands flat with ease, my arms are loose
in their sockets, etc.) I feel like I have to turn into Gumby or
something to get my legs to stretch there; I have a book with some
exercises/stretches in it, and the 'best' one for this problem is one
I do with no effort at all.
The one posted here did/do help, though, so thanks everyone. -
Louis DeShite said:
The exercises help a bit, but I'm really, really flexible as is,
so it's hard to stretch the tissue out as far as I'd like.Some folks report much better results from strengthening exercises,
and perhaps your high level of existing flexibility makes you a good
candidate for some of these. Just guessing about that. Rolling quads/
ITB ala Ozzie G has helped me (but if it makes any difference, I'm
pretty darn inflexible); I continue to do so occasionally as a
preventative measure. A few sites:http://www.itbs.info/
http://www.mindfulness.com/of5.html
http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/2000/02_00/fredericson.htm
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.