Talk about "****ing the Troops Around"

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote...

> Elvis worship is a form of patriotism too.

Is Fred channeling Henry? This is a Henry-esque statement if ever I heard
one.

--
JF

"A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

"[email protected]" a écrit profondement:

| every country that has a military in combat should have a draft,
| because a voluntary service exploits the uneducated and poor.

There are anti-slavery laws in the United States, unless Jorge Boosh
puts the interpretation to the Puppets on The Supreme Kangaroo Kourt
for a "favourable" interpretation, just as he is doing with the Second
Amendment which he will then use to confiscate your guns sometime
soon.

Accepting that, currently at any rate, there are Anti-Slavery laws in
the US, they cannot "Draft" anyone into the armed forces.

One must Volunteer.

Now, since the Reichstag Bonfire will probably start early next week
[ like when oil hits a ton - http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/ ],
thereby prompting Dickey and Congolezza to prod Jorge out of his
drunken stupor and into action by mumbling something like, "Well, I
guess we better get our asses over to Iran and get some of that good
cheap oil", the "Draft" will be a fait accompli.

So you'd better figure out how _not_ to "Volunteer".

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=63207

--
Davey Crockett
-

On Nov 22, 12:46 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]> wrote:
> "[email protected]" a écrit profondement:
>

> | every country that has a military in combat should have a draft,
> | because a voluntary service exploits the uneducated and poor.
> |

> There are anti-slavery laws in the United States, unless Jorge Boosh
> puts the interpretation to the Puppets on The Supreme Kangaroo Kourt
> for a "favourable" interpretation, just as he is doing with the Second
> Amendment which he will then use to confiscate your guns sometime
> soon.
>
> Accepting that, currently at any rate, there are Anti-Slavery laws in
> the US, they cannot "Draft" anyone into the armed forces.
>
> One must Volunteer.
>
> Now, since the Reichstag Bonfire will probably start early next week
> [ like when oil hits a ton - http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/],
> thereby prompting Dickey and Congolezza to prod Jorge out of his
> drunken stupor and into action by mumbling something like, "Well, I
> guess we better get our asses over to Iran and get some of that good
> cheap oil", the "Draft" will be a fait accompli.
>
> So you'd better figure out how _not_ to "Volunteer".
>
> http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=63207
>
> --
> Davey Crockett
> -
> Driving a Stake through the
> Heart of the Politically Correct

There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.
Bill C

Bill C a écrit profondement:

| There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
| continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

Want to bet?

--
Davey Crockett
-

Bill C wrote:
> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the continental
> US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

They sub-contract to mercenaries these days, anyway.

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote...

There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

Conventional wisdom is that in the event of an invasion (or other similar
threat toi national security) a draft would _still_ be unnecessary because
the groundswell of volunteers enlisting in response would more than supply
the necessary combatants.

--

On Nov 22, 9:56 am, "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote...
>
> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
> continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.
>
> Conventional wisdom is that in the event of an invasion (or other similar
> threat toi national security) a draft would _still_ be unnecessary because
> the groundswell of volunteers enlisting in response would more than supply
> the necessary combatants.
>
> --
> JF
>
> "A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
> humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
> - Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

Jim I don't think that the vast mass of Americans today would fight,
even if we were invaded. As for going to Europe or anywhere else, for
ANY reason, hell no other than those who already volunteer.
I did write a whole lot more about the people inhabiting and hating
America today, but not on Thanksgiving, which is officially evil in
Seattle today.
Bill C

Jim Flom wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote...
>
>> Elvis worship is a form of patriotism too.

> Is Fred channeling Henry? This is a Henry-esque statement if ever I heard
> one.

Henry has been chaneling me for years.

Bill C wrote:

> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
> continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

Doesn't matter, so long as the electorate is. And we are, given
sufficient fearmongering.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Bill C wrote:
>> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the continental
>> US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

> They sub-contract to mercenaries these days, anyway.

True. The whole mercenary thing has slipped completely under the radar
of the media and public. It's more expensive this way but keeps everyone
quiet. Someday in the future someone will pay for it, I suppose.

Bill C wrote:
> On Nov 22, 9:56 am, "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote...
>>
>> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the
>> continental US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.
>>
>> Conventional wisdom is that in the event of an invasion (or other similar
>> threat toi national security) a draft would _still_ be unnecessary because
>> the groundswell of volunteers enlisting in response would more than supply
>> the necessary combatants.
>>
>> --
>> JF
>>
>> "A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
>> humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
>> - Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

> Jim I don't think that the vast mass of Americans today would fight,
> even if we were invaded. As for going to Europe or anywhere else, for
> ANY reason, hell no other than those who already volunteer.
> I did write a whole lot more about the people inhabiting and hating
> America today, but not on Thanksgiving, which is officially evil in
> Seattle today.

It's in a blue state, so EVERYTHING in Seattle is officially evil EVERY day.

On Nov 22, 11:50 am, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Donald Munro wrote:
> > Bill C wrote:
> >> There's NO chance of the draft being brought back unless the continental
> >> US is invaded. None of our politicians are that stupid.

> > They sub-contract to mercenaries these days, anyway.

> True. The whole mercenary thing has slipped completely under the radar
> of the media and public. It's more expensive this way but keeps everyone
> quiet. Someday in the future someone will pay for it, I suppose.

How's it under the radar? There are tons of stories out there,
especially about Blackwater. The public might not care, and there's no
real swell of questioning, but until they do a weekly TV show, or
movie about them most of the Country will continue to watch Oprah, Dr.
Phil, and whatever the hell the hot sitcom is these days while being
clueless and happy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078492/
I remember this making mercs cool for a few minutes.
I was following the news about this guy:
http://tinyurl.com/2fk4q2
Bill C

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> Henry has been chaneling me for years.

Chanel No. 5 ?

On Nov 22, 12:16 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 11:50 am, Fred Fredburger
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Donald Munro wrote:

> > > They sub-contract to mercenaries these days, anyway.

> > True. The whole mercenary thing has slipped completely under the radar
> > of the media and public. It's more expensive this way but keeps everyone
> > quiet. Someday in the future someone will pay for it, I suppose.

> How's it under the radar? There are tons of stories out there,
> especially about Blackwater. The public might not care, and there's no
> real swell of questioning, but until they do a weekly TV show, or
> movie about them most of the Country will continue to watch Oprah, Dr.
> Phil, and whatever the hell the hot sitcom is these days while being
> clueless and happy.

dumbass,

sounds like a reasonable solution to me. you can hire someone to mow
the lawn or put up drywall, so what's wrong with hiring someone to
shoot some iraqis ?

at least these blackwater dudes get paid a market price for doing a
dangerous job.

On Nov 22, 4:50 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Nov 22, 12:16 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 22, 11:50 am, Fred Fredburger

> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > True. The whole mercenary thing has slipped completely under the radar
> > > of the media and public. It's more expensive this way but keeps everyone
> > > quiet. Someday in the future someone will pay for it, I suppose.

> > How's it under the radar? There are tons of stories out there,
> > especially about Blackwater. The public might not care, and there's no
> > real swell of questioning, but until they do a weekly TV show, or
> > movie about them most of the Country will continue to watch Oprah, Dr.
> > Phil, and whatever the hell the hot sitcom is these days while being
> > clueless and happy.

> dumbass,
>
> sounds like a reasonable solution to me. you can hire someone to mow
> the lawn or put up drywall, so what's wrong with hiring someone to
> shoot some iraqis ?
>
> at least these blackwater dudes get paid a market price for doing a
> dangerous job.- Hide quoted text -

I agree with you, and think the US should have it's own "Foreign
Legion".
Bill C

[email protected] wrote:
> On Nov 22, 12:16 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Nov 22, 11:50 am, Fred Fredburger
>>
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> True. The whole mercenary thing has slipped completely under the radar
>>> of the media and public. It's more expensive this way but keeps everyone
>>> quiet. Someday in the future someone will pay for it, I suppose.

>> How's it under the radar? There are tons of stories out there,
>> especially about Blackwater. The public might not care, and there's no
>> real swell of questioning, but until they do a weekly TV show, or
>> movie about them most of the Country will continue to watch Oprah, Dr.
>> Phil, and whatever the hell the hot sitcom is these days while being
>> clueless and happy.

> dumbass,
>
> sounds like a reasonable solution to me. you can hire someone to mow
> the lawn or put up drywall, so what's wrong with hiring someone to
> shoot some iraqis ?
>
> at least these blackwater dudes get paid a market price for doing a
> dangerous job.

I've got no problem with the mercenaries, but there's a rather large
work of mythology built around the US Military and the "glory of war"
that runs counter to the practice of hiring them. It's an interesting
thing to note, and Bill's take on public denial is spot on.

"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "[email protected]" a écrit profondement:
>

> | every country that has a military in combat should have a draft,
> | because a voluntary service exploits the uneducated and poor.
> |

> There are anti-slavery laws in the United States, unless Jorge Boosh
> puts the interpretation to the Puppets on The Supreme Kangaroo Kourt
> for a "favourable" interpretation, just as he is doing with the Second
> Amendment which he will then use to confiscate your guns sometime
> soon.

Too bad you don't actually read the decisions you talk about. It must
terrify you that the present court is more likely to limit "interpretation"
to the actual words and not invent new meanings as Ginsburg insists is the
total responsibility of the Supreme Court.

After all, this is a country that the founders intended to be run by three
people on a court instead of by majority vote.

> Accepting that, currently at any rate, there are Anti-Slavery laws in
> the US, they cannot "Draft" anyone into the armed forces.
>
> One must Volunteer.

Shhh, don't tell that to a Liberal. They wouldn't fight for the country if
invaders were lining up everyone's parents and shooting them through the
heads. Most Liberals would cheer them on.

By the way Davey, you really ought to learn what promoted the war in Iraq.

"Fred Fredburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I've got no problem with the mercenaries, but there's a rather large work
> of mythology built around the US Military and the "glory of war" that runs
> counter to the practice of hiring them.

You were never in the service were you?