Father's day outing was a ride to Jells Park with my 5yo on the tag-a-long. For the first time I felt him pedalling for more than 20 metres! It made the ride so much easier , although I did hear some complaints behind about the being cold. The increased speed must have been providing a cooling breeze for a change.
When it comes to riding with a 5yo, it seems the only two acceptable destinations are playgrounds and toy shops :-)
Father's day outing was a ride to Jells Park with my 5yo on the tag-a-long. For the first time I felt him pedalling for more than 20 metres! It made the ride so much easier , although I did hear some complaints behind about the being cold. The increased speed must have been providing a cooling breeze for a change.
When it comes to riding with a 5yo, it seems the only two acceptable destinations are playgrounds and toy shops :-)
You're forgetting chocolate shops and/or lolly shops. Ok maybe Dad occasionally suggests them as well. My daughter loves to pedal, unfortunately it's usually at key points where I really need to slow down. She is good for about 10 seconds of hard work up a hill (gotta time it juuuuuust right).
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄
I need to get soem gloves for my daughter and on the weekend we also went looking for some nix for upcoming bike holiday. Couldn't find anything close to 5 year old size. Are there any LBS's in melbourne with a decent (or any) range of kids cycling clothes? managed to get down to size 8 but that was still too big.
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor' just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
I'll have to try this one. Games are definitely an incentive. I'm thinking about seeing how far we can ride towards the city, before he (or I) gets tired and we catch the train back home.
Quoted message said:
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to school with the kids over the last few months
Last year I was taking him to and from childcare one day a week, en-route to work. This allowed the newborn to stay asleep. Fast ride down the hill in the morning with gloves and scarf. He wasn't real keen on the cold. Warm ride back up the hill in the evening. I took off the tag-a-long and left it there for the day because it is awkward thing to tow empty (wobbles from side to side).
Quoted message said:
and the cold has precipitated many blue fingers and noses till I could find suitable gloves for em 😄
I'm imagining your child with a glove attached to the nose.
I need to get soem gloves for my daughter and on the weekend we also went looking for some nix for upcoming bike holiday. Couldn't find anything close to 5 year old size. Are there any LBS's in melbourne with a decent (or any) range of kids cycling clothes? managed to get down to size 8 but that was still too big.
I don't know about gloves, but if you give Rowbust a call (Collingwood, www.rowbust.com) they may be able to make you some knicks etc out of offcuts of other chamois etc?
"flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄*
-- flyingdutch
You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if some marketoid hasn't picked it up already!
"Plodder" <CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄*
-- flyingdutch
You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if
"Liz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Plodder" <CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄*
-- flyingdutch
You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if
"Plodder" <CORNED BEEF@NOSPAM> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"flyingdutch" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
you gotta introduce kid to the game of 'motor'
just shout back 'engage motor' and child puts in a furious burst getting you up hill then say 'motor stop' at the top
been dong a couple-o-days a week down to sachool with the kids ove rthe last few months and the cold has precipitated *many blue fingers and noses til li could find suitable gloves for em 😄*
-- flyingdutch
You found nose gloves? That produces a whole lot of images! I wonder if