General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Sugar Substitutes

Started by Thomas Muffaletto · · Last activity · 23 posts · 497 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 January 2005
Last activity
11 January 2005
Original author
Thomas Muffaletto
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
497
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thomas Muffaletto said:

    "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Gastric distress aside, many people (myself included) experience a raise
    in blood sugar from maltitol, not quite as bad as sugar, but significant
    nonetheless.

    Are you also diabetic?
    I will take a blood test next time I use maltitol.

    Yup, I'm diabetic. If I remember right, one of those tiny chocolate bars
    (Delite?), made my blood sugar soar at least 30 points. Gradually,
    Splenda-sweetened candies are coming out.

    Best wishes,
    Carol
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

  2. Damsel said:


    Yup, I'm diabetic. If I remember right, one of those tiny chocolate bars
    (Delite?), made my blood sugar soar at least 30 points. Gradually,
    Splenda-sweetened candies are coming out.

    Best wishes,
    Carol

    Carol, have you tried the ones sweetened with erythritol yet?
    They are the best, IMHO. And NO gastric distress (not that
    Splenda cause it).
    --
    Jean B.

  3. Jean B. said:
    Damsel said:


    Yup, I'm diabetic. If I remember right, one of those tiny chocolate bars
    (Delite?), made my blood sugar soar at least 30 points. Gradually,
    Splenda-sweetened candies are coming out.

    Best wishes,
    Carol

    Carol, have you tried the ones sweetened with erythritol yet?
    They are the best, IMHO. And NO gastric distress (not that
    Splenda cause it).

    No, Jean, I haven't given any of that a try. I generally only get hard
    candy now, and that's just because one or more of my medications causes dry
    mouth. I literally have to sleep with a piece of hard candy in my mouth!

    Carol
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.