UK and Europe · Public discussion

Suffolk CTC Reliability Ride (5th February)

Started by Pete Whelan · · Last activity · 7 posts · 616 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
31 January 2006
Last activity
1 February 2006
Original author
Pete Whelan
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
616
Views / 30 days
7
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Suffolk CTC are running their annual Reliability Ride this coming
    Sunday, from Bredfield Village Hall, just off the A12 near Woodbridge.
    All welcome to attend. I think the entry fee is £2.

    Start times are:-

    9am for 100km in 4 1/2 to 5 hours,

    9.30am for 100km in 3 1/2 to 4hrs

    and

    10.30am for 50km up to 3 1/2 hours.

    Just turn up on the day, about 20 minutes before the time you want to
    ride.

    Refreshments available, and maybe an after-event massage
    --
    "You can't see paradise if you don't pedal" (Fowler, Chicken Run)

  2. "Pete Whelan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Suffolk CTC are running their annual Reliability Ride this coming
    Sunday, from Bredfield Village Hall, just off the A12 near Woodbridge.
    All welcome to attend. I think the entry fee is £2.

    I admit it, I'm new to all this - what is a Reliability Ride?

  3. Similar to an Audax ride, but not run under the auspices of Audax UK
    regulations. These events are traditionally run by racing clubs as
    early season training / fitness test. They are (supposedly)
    non-competitive, but invariably the fitter riders will have a burn up
    to get to the finish first.

    Basically, you decide how long it will take you to ride the set course
    (normally done in time bands), and then try and complete the ride in
    that time, thus proving how reliable you are - you normally get a
    certificate to prove to your friends and family your reliable nature.

  4. Bronzie said:


    Basically, you decide how long it will take you to ride the set course
    (normally done in time bands), and then try and complete the ride in
    that time, thus proving how reliable you are - you normally get a
    certificate to prove to your friends and family your reliable nature.

    This does depend on the area/organiser. Down South it seems even the
    racing clubs stick to the old format. Up here, we just start everyone
    off at once at let the first hill do the sorting 🙂

    Our's (Clifton CC) is on Sunday. My legs are hurting already.

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune

  5. Bronzie said:

    Similar to an Audax ride, but not run under the auspices of Audax UK
    regulations. These events are traditionally run by racing clubs as
    early season training / fitness test. They are (supposedly)
    non-competitive, but invariably the fitter riders will have a burn up
    to get to the finish first.

    Basically, you decide how long it will take you to ride the set course
    (normally done in time bands), and then try and complete the ride in
    that time, thus proving how reliable you are - you normally get a
    certificate to prove to your friends and family your reliable nature.

    Sort of.
    I rode a 100m in 7hrs a few years back, and was informed I had to hang
    around a bit out of sight of the timekeeper, as if I came in early I
    would not receive my certificate - I am clearly a very unreliable
    individual ;-)

    John B

  6. Quoted message said:

    Sort of.
    I rode a 100m in 7hrs a few years back, and was informed I had to hang
    around a bit out of sight of the timekeeper, as if I came in early I
    would not receive my certificate - I am clearly a very unreliable
    individual ;-)

    100 metres in seven hours? Must've been one hell of a pub crawl.

  7. Mark Thompson said:
    Quoted message said:

    Sort of.
    I rode a 100m in 7hrs a few years back, and was informed I had to hang
    around a bit out of sight of the timekeeper, as if I came in early I
    would not receive my certificate - I am clearly a very unreliable
    individual ;-)

    100 metres in seven hours? Must've been one hell of a pub crawl.

    LOL

    I wondered who would spot that ;-)

    John B

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.