General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

stuffed bell peppers-ahead of time?

Started by Jim A · · Last activity · 9 posts · 842 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 April 2004
Last activity
28 April 2004
Original author
Jim A
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
842
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time, stuffed
    bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of rice, corn,
    browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion and some green
    pepper plus seasoning.

    The reason I ask is that I cook for myself and my wife and
    sometimes the recipes are so good I would like her to be
    able to take something to work that we prepare and enjoy.
    Would it be possible to make this recipe ahead of time, say
    make 4 servings instead of 2 then freeze for a few days the
    other two. She might not like pepper the following day at
    lunch after her previous dinner. Hope someone can offer some
    clues on how to do this.

    Thanks Jim

  2. in article megjc.43319$IW1.2127863@attbi_s52, Jim a at
    [email hidden] wrote on 4/26/04 6:41 PM:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time,
    stuffed bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of rice,
    corn, browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion and some
    green pepper plus seasoning.

    The reason I ask is that I cook for myself and my wife and
    sometimes the recipes are so good I would like her to be
    able to take something to work that we prepare and enjoy.
    Would it be possible to make this recipe ahead of time,
    say make 4 servings instead of 2 then freeze for a few
    days the other two. She might not like pepper the
    following day at lunch after her previous dinner. Hope
    someone can offer some clues on how to do this.

    Thanks Jim

    I made mine exactly as you describe. And I had leftovers for
    lunch today. It was even better today than it was fresh from
    the oven last night! Go for it!

  3. Jim a said:


    Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time,
    stuffed bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of rice,
    corn, browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion and some
    green pepper plus seasoning.

    They freeze like a DREAM. They are some of the best leftover
    dishes I can think of. You can have some one day and some
    next week or next month, no problem.

    nancy

  4. But Calvin said that they were monkey heads! ;-)

    E. P.

  5. "Jim a" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:megjc.43319$IW1.2127863@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time,
    stuffed bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of rice,
    corn, browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion and some
    green pepper plus seasoning.

    The reason I ask is that I cook for myself and my wife and
    sometimes the recipes are so good I would like her to be
    able to take something to work that we prepare and enjoy.
    Would it be possible to make this recipe ahead of time,
    say make 4 servings instead of 2 then freeze for a few
    days the other two. She might not like pepper the
    following day at lunch after her previous dinner. Hope
    someone can offer some clues on how to do this.

    Thanks Jim

    Oh, gosh yes!!! Things like this are even better
    leftover, IMHO.

    Stace

  6. Quoted message said:

    "Jim a" jima:

    Is it possible to make ahead of time, stuffed bell peppers,

    Yes... so long as theyre fully cooked they will store well
    in the fridge for 3-4 days easily... or in the freezer for
    about 6 months. Just don't prepare stuffed peppers with raw
    meat and store without cooking.

    Btw, I don't like rice in my stuffed peppers, I use
    kasha instead.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =--- ---= Move
    UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
    *********
    "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without
    tribulation." Sheldon ````````````

  7. "Jim a" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:megjc.43319$IW1.2127863@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time,
    stuffed bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of rice,
    corn, browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion and some
    green pepper plus seasoning.

    The reason I ask is that I cook for myself and my wife and
    sometimes the recipes are so good I would like her to be
    able to take something to work that we prepare and enjoy.
    Would it be possible to make this recipe ahead of time,
    say make 4 servings instead of 2 then freeze for a few
    days the other two. She might not like pepper the
    following day at lunch after her previous dinner. Hope
    someone can offer some clues on how to do this.

    Forget the peppers. Just show up at her office, unzip your
    trousers and slap your [censored] onto her desk. Yell "DINNERTIME
    [censored]!!", then shove your rigid member into her shocked
    orafice. Good times.

  8. On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:49:56 GMT, "projectile vomit chick"
    <[email hidden]> Interjected.. :

    Quoted message said:


    "Jim a" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:megjc.43319$IW1.2127863@attbi_s52...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everyone Is it possible to make ahead of time,
    stuffed bell peppers, where the stuffing consist of
    rice, corn, browned ground turkey meat, chopped onion
    and some green pepper plus seasoning.

    The reason I ask is that I cook for myself and my wife
    and sometimes the recipes are so good I would like her
    to be able to take something to work that we prepare and
    enjoy. Would it be possible to make this recipe ahead of
    time, say make 4 servings instead of 2 then freeze for a
    few days the other two. She might not like pepper the
    following day at lunch after her previous dinner. Hope
    someone can offer some clues on how to do this.

    Forget the peppers. Just show up at her office, unzip your
    trousers and slap your [censored] onto her desk. Yell
    "DINNERTIME [censored]!!", then shove your rigid member into
    her shocked orafice. Good times.

    That's so cool. I did that once in my younger days. I still
    remember well. Those were the days!

    I needed to locate an icepick to remove my balls from
    my nostrils after she kneed me in the balls. Sweet
    youth. (Sigh.)

    Steve

    Buffering.... 69% ||||||||||||||||||||||

  9. projectile vomit chick said:

    Forget the peppers. Just show up at her office, unzip your
    trousers and slap your [censored] onto her desk. Yell
    "DINNERTIME [censored]!!", then shove your rigid member into
    her shocked orafice. Good times.

    But can it be prepared ahead and frozen? That was the
    question!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.