UK and Europe · Public discussion

Stolen bar bag

Started by Jo · · Last activity · 9 posts · 367 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
13 November 2006
Last activity
16 November 2006
Original author
Jo
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
367
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had my bag stolen while in a cafe today. The thief has been caught and
    my phone retrieved, although I can't have it back at the moment because
    it may be needed for evidence. I don't expect to see anything else
    again. The bag was a very small bar bag - looking like a handbag when
    off the bike. It was red and black, I think it was also available in
    black. I bought it at York Rally. I will eventually want to replace it,
    but I don't know where to find another one. As far as I can remember the
    only name on it was Rixen Kaul, but I might be wrong. Anybody got any
    idea what I am talking about, and where to get a replacement?
    Jo

  2. Jo said:

    I had my bag stolen while in a cafe today. The thief has been caught and
    my phone retrieved, although I can't have it back at the moment because
    it may be needed for evidence. I don't expect to see anything else
    again. The bag was a very small bar bag - looking like a handbag when
    off the bike. It was red and black, I think it was also available in
    black. I bought it at York Rally. I will eventually want to replace it,
    but I don't know where to find another one. As far as I can remember the
    only name on it was Rixen Kaul, but I might be wrong. Anybody got any
    idea what I am talking about, and where to get a replacement?

    Rixen Kaul make Klik Fix fittings & a few bags
    http://www.withingtoncycles.co.uk/manufacturer.php?&id=36&browsetype=&page=2

  3. On 13/11/2006 18:21, Dan Gregory said,

    Quoted message said:

    Rixen Kaul make Klik Fix fittings & a few bags
    http://www.withingtoncycles.co.uk/manufacturer.php?&id=36&browsetype=&page=2

    I would advise a different seller. I'm having problems with Withington
    Cycles at the moment...

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  4. Jo said:

    I had my bag stolen while in a cafe today. The thief has been caught
    and my phone retrieved, although I can't have it back at the moment
    because it may be needed for evidence. I don't expect to see anything
    else again. The bag was a very small bar bag - looking like a handbag
    when off the bike. It was red and black, I think it was also
    available in black. I bought it at York Rally. I will eventually want
    to replace it, but I don't know where to find another one. As far as
    I can remember the only name on it was Rixen Kaul, but I might be
    wrong. Anybody got any idea what I am talking about, and where to get
    a replacement?

    Rixen and Kaul make the fittings for several bags from different makers.
    Given that most bags come with the fittings, unless you have fittings on
    other bikes, you could select almost any make.

    I think there are two main variations on the fitting; one which uses a
    plastic panel in the back of the bag, and another which uses a thick wire
    rail to support three sides of the bag. The latter seems to suit larger and
    heavier bags. I think Ortleib have their own variation on fixing.

    I'd suggest Carradice, Altura and Ortleib as starting point brands.

    - Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cliffe,
    Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

  5. Quoted message said:

    I would advise a different seller. I'm having problems with
    Withington Cycles at the moment...

    Yes they do sell it .... no, they won't have it in stock seems to be my
    experience. A suspiciously large website for a small LBS. However as
    they'll happily fix bikes, unlike the one up the road, they get my
    business.

  6. Mark Thompson said the following on 14/11/2006 14:11:

    Quoted message said:

    Yes they do sell it .... no, they won't have it in stock seems to be my
    experience. A suspiciously large website for a small LBS.

    ....and don't seem to be able to get it either. When I first chased my
    order, the guy was a bit mystified. I had to suggest to him that he
    check stock, then suggest to him to see if it was ordered. This was on
    an 0845 number, because email response is zero.

    Rang again yesterday, still mystified, someone would call me back.
    Needless to say no-one did. Rang just now to cancel the order - no answer.

    Quoted message said:

    However as
    they'll happily fix bikes, unlike the one up the road, they get my
    business.

    I guess they're better at that than managing an online shop!

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  7. Quoted message said:

    This was on an 0845 number, because email response is zero.

    0161 4453492 should do it, if you're calling locally or from a mobile.

    Quoted message said:

    Rang again yesterday, still mystified, someone would call me back.
    Needless to say no-one did. Rang just now to cancel the order - no
    answer.

    Quoted message said:

    However as
    they'll happily fix bikes, unlike the one up the road, they get my
    business.

    I guess they're better at that than managing an online shop!

    Yeah, fixing bikes seems to be their 'thing'. The workshop is at least as
    big as the actual shop bit. Having said that, put them together and the
    whole shop is still smaller than a folded brompton.

  8. Mark Thompson said the following on 15/11/2006 11:46:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    This was on an 0845 number, because email response is zero.

    0161 4453492 should do it, if you're calling locally or from a mobile.

    Thanks - that number worked! I was told that there's no-one in the
    order department today, which is why the phone wasn't being answered. I
    guess there was no-one in yesterday either.

    Anyway, order cancelled, lesson learnt!

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  9. Mark Thompson

    pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com of said:
    Quoted message said:

    This was on an 0845 number, because email response is zero.

    0161 4453492 should do it, if you're calling locally or from a mobile.

    Quoted message said:

    Rang again yesterday, still mystified, someone would call me back.
    Needless to say no-one did. Rang just now to cancel the order - no
    answer.

    Quoted message said:

    However as
    they'll happily fix bikes, unlike the one up the road, they get my
    business.

    I guess they're better at that than managing an online shop!

    Yeah, fixing bikes seems to be their 'thing'. The workshop is at least as
    big as the actual shop bit. Having said that, put them together and the
    whole shop is still smaller than a folded brompton.

    It is their 'thing', and they are good at it. However if you want something
    unusual/complicated, don't go in on Wednesdays as it's the workshop guy's
    day off; the substitute hasn't much of a clue.
    --
    Steph Peters
    Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
    Monthly slow and easy rides from South Manchester
    http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/cycling/chwan.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.