Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend. I know of two DNS/F's for
the Bryan Chapman already. I imagine anyone on the Spurn Head 400 will
have had their rims grinding pasted down to [censored] paper by now.
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Spare a thought for the poor Audax souls...
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- UK and Europe
- Published
- 21 May 2006
- Last activity
- 22 May 2006
- Original author
- MartinM
- Posts
- 13
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 394
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
MartinM said:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend.
Well, as I commented to my clubmate out on the rain-soaked roads of east
Kent this morning: "We may be wet, but would you honestly rather be
stuck indoors?"Remember: there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!
d.
-
davek said:
MartinM said:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend.
Well, as I commented to my clubmate out on the rain-soaked roads of east
Kent this morning: "We may be wet, but would you honestly rather be
stuck indoors?"I _have_ been stuck indoors ;-(
Quoted message said:
Remember: there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!OK find me a pair of really waterproof gloves!
-
MartinM said:
Who are out on 400's and 600's this weekend. I know of two DNS/F's for
the Bryan Chapman already. I imagine anyone on the Spurn Head 400 will
have had their rims grinding pasted down to [censored] paper by now.
I'll do a RR soon. The Spurn Head had about 8 DNSs out of about 25
entries, didn't hear of any DNFs. We finished after 24 hours about half
way down the field. Mr Larrington was about an hour ahead. 1 puncture
for me, two for another guy in my group, he had one before we caught
them too. Rain stopped after about 200km. Windy for a while near the
coast but died away as the afternoon turned to evening or as we got
further away from the sea. No sandblasting this year !!! Tougher than
last year due to the wet, the cumulative distance in me maybe. No aches
or pains just tired. Very sociable, nice to meet Dave Larrington -
MartinM said:
OK find me a pair of really waterproof gloves!
Wish I could! My hands were sodden by the time I got home from the club
ride.Actually, I didn't mind getting wet today as it was not cold, except in
the windy bits - which really were very windy, especially along the
coast. I appreciate conditions may have been somewhat worse elsewhere on
the island. The rain here didn't get /really/ heavy until some time
after I'd got home.I also went out for a short ride with my son this afternoon, in one of
the brief dry spells between showers. The lane we took was rather
flooded in parts. He took great delight in riding through deep puddles
at speed - until he realised that this was making his legs soaked.
Still, being out on your bike beats homework, even in the rain...d.
-
Spurn Head has got a giant black cloud over it at the moment with loads
of lightning in the sky. I am actually glad to be at work, even though
it's my holiday, than to be stuck out in that lot. -
Quoted message said:
Spurn Head has got a giant black cloud over it at the moment with loads
of lightning in the sky. I am actually glad to be at work, even though
it's my holiday, than to be stuck out in that lot.perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox. -
22-23 July? I'm due to be off that weekend - give us a shout near the
date and I'll ride shotgun for a bit.
Simon -
MartinM said:
perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.Not planning to call Hughie on the big white telephone are you?
--
Tony"Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
- Leonardo da Vinci -
MartinM said:
Quoted message said:
Spurn Head has got a giant black cloud over it at the moment with loads
of lightning in the sky. I am actually glad to be at work, even though
it's my holiday, than to be stuck out in that lot.perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.What you up to here in the North ?
-
"Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
MartinM said:
perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.Not planning to call Hughie on the big white telephone are you?
He means these ;-)
Well, not everyone knows about them.http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1655000/images/_1659939_kingbbc300.jpg
--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net -
In article <[email hidden]>,
MSeries () said:
MartinM said:
Quoted message said:
Spurn Head has got a giant black cloud over it at the moment with loads
of lightning in the sky. I am actually glad to be at work, even though
it's my holiday, than to be stuck out in that lot.perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.What you up to here in the North ?
South Then North 600 on July 15/16. Derby - Oakham - Huntingdon -
Colsterworth - Alfreton - Blyth - Howden - Humber Bridge - Saundby -
Derby. Utterly lacking in Scenery and thus perfect for Yours Truly. £
Coasts before that, thobut.Ulp.
--
Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
All your call centre are belong to us. -
Tony Raven said:
MartinM said:
perhaps you could do a little dance to make sure it stays there in 8
weeks time when Mr Larrington and I will be visiting Land of the White
Phonebox.Quoted message said:
Not planning to call Hughie on the big white telephone are you?
Shirley you mean Rolf and Hughie Blair?
aka "steering the porcelain bus" ;-)
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.