General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Sorta OT but has food so maybe not

Started by ~patches~ · · Last activity · 15 posts · 443 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 December 2005
Last activity
17 December 2005
Original author
~patches~
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
443
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok, it is snowing to beat all hell out and the roads are a mess and have
    been since the morn. We had to go to a funeral so here is the ob food -
    they had the nicest sandwiches I've had at a funeral in I don't know how
    long and we've been to several this past year. Seriously these were
    nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley. They really looked nice as well as tasted good. DH
    and I got home from that in time for him to do a turn around for a
    meeting. I chatted with a friend while the driveway was being plowed
    out. Now, I thinking the sat is out and usenet is rather boring so what
    can I cook up? I'm thinking maybe a cheesecake since I need to break
    those pans in and I have lots of cream cheese. I might make a batch of
    cookies too 🙂

  2. ~patches~ said:

    Ok, it is snowing to beat all hell out and the roads are a mess and have
    been since the morn. We had to go to a funeral so here is the ob food -
    they had the nicest sandwiches I've had at a funeral in I don't know how
    long and we've been to several this past year. Seriously these were
    nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley. They really looked nice as well as tasted good.

    Plain parsley sprinkled on plain bread... you call that a sandwich... I
    ain't eating at your place. Your sandwiches remind me of The Emperor's
    New Clothes... everyone munching away going yummm, everyone too polite
    or ascared to mention there ain't nuthing but a pinch of grass clipping
    in those sandwiches. Nekid sandwiches... ahahahahahaha!

  3. PussyKatz replied to ~patches~:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    they had the nicest sandwiches I've had at a funeral in I don't know how
    long and we've been to several this past year. Seriously these were
    nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley. They really looked nice as well as tasted good.

    Plain parsley sprinkled on plain bread... you call that a sandwich... I
    ain't eating at your place. Your sandwiches remind me of The Emperor's
    New Clothes... everyone munching away going yummm, everyone too polite
    or ascared to mention there ain't nuthing but a pinch of grass clipping
    in those sandwiches. Nekid sandwiches... ahahahahahaha!

    Reading "nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley" implies that sandwiches -- you know, sandwiches WITH a
    sandwich filling -- were made on multigrain bread, then those sandwiches
    were sprinkled with parsley. In fact, the sentence pretty explicitly says
    that the parsley was on the OUTSIDE of the sandwich. I'm sure that there
    was a variety of sandwich fillings.

    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Neither is writing or
    cooking. Far as I can tell, you don't do ANYTHING well. I *have* been
    getting a kick out of the chat line recently though: You really should visit
    sometime and just stick around long enough to see the "Topic" line.

    (You don't need to actually stick around and chat. You're not really
    welcome, being a loser and all.)

    Bob

  4. censored The rOOb Twirlinger said:

    PussyKatz replied to ~patches~:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    they had the nicest sandwiches I've had at a funeral in I don't know how
    long and we've been to several this past year. Seriously these were
    nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley. They really looked nice as well as tasted good.

    Plain parsley sprinkled on plain bread... you call that a sandwich... I
    ain't eating at your place. Your sandwiches remind me of The Emperor's
    New Clothes... everyone munching away going yummm, everyone too polite
    or ascared to mention there ain't nuthing but a pinch of grass clipping
    in those sandwiches. Nekid sandwiches... ahahahahahaha!

    Reading "nice sandwiches made on multigrain bread then sprinkled with what I
    think was parsley" implies that sandwiches -- you know, sandwiches WITH a
    sandwich filling -- were made on multigrain bread, then those sandwiches
    were sprinkled with parsley. In fact, the sentence pretty explicitly says
    that the parsley was on the OUTSIDE of the sandwich. I'm sure that there
    was a variety of sandwich fillings.

    Hmmm...you're "sure"...but were you "there"...???

    Quoted message said:

    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? Neither is writing or
    cooking. Far as I can tell, you don't do ANYTHING well. I *have* been
    getting a kick out of the chat line recently though: You really should visit
    sometime and just stick around long enough to see the "Topic" line.

    (You don't need to actually stick around and chat. You're not really
    welcome, being a loser and all.)

    [censored] old boy you have GOT to do better than that, if you were on a
    vaudeville stage people would be yelling "Get the HOOK...!!!"...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  5. Quoted message said:

    Plain parsley sprinkled on plain bread... you call that a sandwich...

    Yes- like Sheldon, I go to funerals for the great mile-high sandwiches
    they serve.

    Most likely caterd by Sodway® (boddaboom!)

    ok... that was bad. Kev

  6. Greg Moron said:

    [censored] old boy you have GOT to do better than that, if you were on a
    vaudeville stage people would be yelling "Get the HOOK...!!!"...

    No, I don't have to do "better" than that. Your mention of a vaudeville
    setting is irrelevant, since I never had vaudeville aspirations. By the way,
    1895 says hi.

    Bob

  7. censored Terwilliger said:
    Greg Moron said:

    [censored] old boy you have GOT to do better than that, if you were on a
    vaudeville stage people would be yelling "Get the HOOK...!!!"...

    No, I don't have to do "better" than that. Your mention of a vaudeville
    setting is irrelevant, since I never had vaudeville aspirations. By the way,
    1895 says hi.

    Sophie Tucker would NEVER hire you for her act, [censored]...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  8. Bob Terwilliger said:
    Goomba38 said:

    yet your insecurity forces you to keep spinning wheels convincing people
    about your intellect? Why are you so jealous of him? Why don't you ignore
    him and stop talking about yourself long enough for others to decide if
    you're worth reading?

    Looks like your adulation of [censored] Katz forced you to overlook the fact that
    [censored] DRAGGED Bob Pastorio into this topic. There was an exchange between
    [censored] and me, and then [censored] wrote some dull-witted comparison between Bob
    Pastorio and me.

    Why are you so passionate in your defense of [censored]? Are you his sock
    puppet, or are you just a stupid [censored] who needs some sense [censored]-slapped
    into her?

    Bob


    Here's my view on this thing since shecky was replying to me and I
    wouldn't have seen it had one of you not included his comments in your
    post. I get a certain satisfaction seeing someone else bash shecky BUT
    only on those really bad "PMS, someone needs to die" days. Otherwise, I
    find the whole thing boring. You guys aren't going to win unless you kf
    and ignore the snot out of the little begger. What you will get though
    is people getting bored and a little ticked off at the constant nonsense
    to the point they will kf you. I like both your posts and sometimes
    they make me laugh but you guys both really need to just ignore shecky.
    He honestly isn't worth the time of day, and that is on the best of
    days! Carry on 🙂

  9. "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Looks like your adulation of [censored] Katz forced you to overlook the fact


    that

    Quoted message said:

    [censored] DRAGGED Bob Pastorio into this topic. There was an exchange between
    [censored] and me, and then [censored] wrote some dull-witted comparison between Bob
    Pastorio and me.

    Ummmm...'cause yer both named "Bob?" Waitaminnit -
    fer Chirssakes, would you look at that? I AM, TOO!
    Geezus, this place is really starting to creep me out...

    Bob "I Think We're All Bobs On This Bus" M.

  10. "Bob Myers" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Ummmm...'cause yer both named "Bob?" Waitaminnit -
    fer Chirssakes, would you look at that? I AM, TOO!
    Geezus, this place is really starting to creep me out...

    Bob "I Think We're All Bobs On This Bus" M.

    It's gotten so's you can't swing a kat around here without
    hitting a Bob.

    Of course, the Bobs usually deserve it, but that's
    another story.

    nancy

  11. Nancy Young said:

    "Bob Myers" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Ummmm...'cause yer both named "Bob?" Waitaminnit -
    fer Chirssakes, would you look at that? I AM, TOO!
    Geezus, this place is really starting to creep me out...

    Bob "I Think We're All Bobs On This Bus" M.

    It's gotten so's you can't swing a kat around here without
    hitting a Bob.

    Of course, the Bobs usually deserve it, but that's
    another story.

    Swingin' Kats, you say...? Swingin'...?

    Hmmm

    Pastorio (this one as opposed to that one and that one)

  12. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's gotten so's you can't swing a kat around here without
    hitting a Bob.

    Of course, the Bobs usually deserve it, but that's
    another story.

    Swingin' Kats, you say...? Swingin'...?

    Well, we have so many Kat's here, I thought it was a good
    match. I think they might swing, too.

    nancy

  13. Bob (this one) said:

    You are an amazing diagnostician. Have I told you that before? Your
    perceptivity is nothing short of, well, astonishing. I mean there are
    few people who can tie their own actual shoes who could match your
    brilliance and discernment. Or wish to.

    Still think it should be "Putzikatz".
    ---
    JL

  14. Nancy Young said:

    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Nancy Young wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's gotten so's you can't swing a kat around here without
    hitting a Bob.

    Of course, the Bobs usually deserve it, but that's
    another story.

    Swingin' Kats, you say...? Swingin'...?

    Well, we have so many Kat's here, I thought it was a good
    match. I think they might swing, too.

    Reminds me of that time in Istanbul. The Countess was wearing her
    ermines, summer be damned, and, because it was so hot that time of year,
    very little else. We went off to a small party at a large villa perched
    on the side of a hill above the city, lights gleaming on the matched
    hills in the distance looking like an iridescent breastplate from some
    mythical warrior amazon.

    The Countess flirted with every man in the room, twisting this way to
    seem to be listening more intently, but actually letting the front of
    her ermines pull away from her lush curves. She had that unerring sense
    of timing and body-sense of an accomplished courtesan, just letting the
    lapels open so far and no more, darkness and shadow effective
    concealment. Men staring in the vain hope they'd see into those Stygian
    depths. Those ermines, tiny black tails against a sea of white, she
    called her cats. Or it could have been Kats; who knew what her native
    language was?

    She shimmered against the too-solid world that was the former
    Constantinople, almost gossamer in her perfection, right and
    unreachable. One night, consumed with her new-found jazz imagery, she
    said in her musical accent, "Dahling, let us, as you Americans say,
    sving. And ve vill take my kats for a spin around zis burg" And sving we
    did.

    The Countess was a real svinger. She and her kats.

    Pastorio

  15. "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:dnvf5b$7op$1
    @news.monmouth.com:

    Quoted message said:


    "Bob Myers" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Bob "I Think We're All Bobs On This Bus" M.

    It's gotten so's you can't swing a kat around here without
    hitting a Bob.

    Of course, the Bobs usually deserve it, but that's
    another story.

    nancy

    The Bobs might, but what about the poor cat.....

    Rhonda Anderson
    Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.