Road Cycling · Public discussion

Some interesting news in Pantani's case

Started by Davide Tosi · · Last activity · 23 posts · 1,399 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
19 February 2004
Last activity
22 February 2004
Original author
Davide Tosi
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,399
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should be
    of no surprise at all!

  2. is smoking crack bad? oh [censored], how much?

    "Davide Tosi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    be of no surprise at all!

  3. Your source for this would be....???

    "Davide Tosi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    be of no surprise at all!

  4. On 02/19/2004 06:09 PM, in article
    [email hidden], "Brian Phillips"

    Quoted message said:

    Your source for this would be....???

    According to cyclingnews.com (cyclingnews.comnews.php), the
    source was the weekly magazine "Panorama" ...

    Quoted message said:

    "Davide Tosi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    be of no surprise at all!

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum
    pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee why you ti
    ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you double-yew double-ewe
    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  5. Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've read)
    then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
    degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

    "Brian Phillips" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Your source for this would be....???

    "Davide Tosi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    be of no surprise at all!

  6. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
    degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

    "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    Benjo Maso

  7. "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    AT ALL.

    "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    That is an understatement. I was taking some drugs for my ulser one time and it turned out that they
    could cause depression. It came on suddenly one day and let me tell you, YOU DON'T WANT THAT to
    happen to you.

    My reaction was to realize that I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and something was drastically wrong, so I
    looked the couple of medications I was taking up and sure enough. But still it took something like
    two weeks to go away and man was that scary.

  8. come on, HOW SCARY was it. give us some good details.

  9. Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]-
    berlin.de>...

    Quoted message said:

    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    AT ALL.

    "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    Benjo Maso

  10. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
    depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is willing to try anything to get out of his
    condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to stop him ...

    Benjo Maso

  11. "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
    depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is


    willing

    Quoted message said:

    to try anything to get out of his condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to
    stop him ...

    ........they either die or get lucky, like Obree. May Marco find peace and comfort where he is.

  12. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is that you think you know
    about life.

    Dave (13 years removed from my last hit off the pipe)

  13. "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    addiction, nor do you

    Quoted message said:

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is


    that you think you know

    Quoted message said:

    about life.

    How telling that you're answering your own posting....

    Benjo Maso

  14. Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.

    Eat it.

    addiction, nor do you

    Quoted message said:

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is


    that you think you know

    Quoted message said:

    about life.

    Dave (13 years removed from my last hit off the pipe)

  15. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make.
    Seek help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    AT ALL.

    "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    Benjo Maso

  16. "D L" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.

    Eat it.

    If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew forth the [censored] you did, I
    did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just said stick with what
    you know Dave

  17. "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    Quoted message said:

    addiction, nor do you

    Quoted message said:

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is


    that you think you know

    Quoted message said:

    about life.

    How telling that you're answering your own posting....

    Benjo Maso

    Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys Dave

  18. "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "benjo maso" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I


    can't

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > speak for anyone else but myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to
    > f'ing newsgroup, I know what depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    >
    > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going
    > got tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because
    > this guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who


    sees

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK.
    > Sheesh......

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    addiction, nor do you

    Quoted message said:

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that you think you know

    Quoted message said:

    about life.

    How telling that you're answering your own posting....

    Benjo Maso

    Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys

    I'm sorry! My only excuse is that is was eleven to five in the morning....

    Benjo Maso

  19. BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
    judgement of what I know and what I don't know.

    If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have the
    will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that person be
    placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

    "Dave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "D L" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY


    life

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    when in fact you do not.

    Eat it.

    If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew


    forth the [censored] you did, I

    Quoted message said:

    did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just


    said stick with what you

    Quoted message said:

    know Dave

  20. "D L" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
    judgement of what I know and what I don't know.

    If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have
    the will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that
    person be placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

    I will repeat it again, just by your statements, you show your lack of knowledge on the subject,
    addiction has absolutely nothing to do with "your will" or your "willpower". I never said he should
    be placed in any category other than that of someone diagnosed (clinically) with depression and that
    of someone addicted to smoking cocaine. Do you realize that most addicts while they are sucking on a
    pipe, know at that moment that is is wrong and can't stop? I certainly did, and all of the willpower
    that I could muster never got me to put that pipe down. You said you don't acknowledge what has been
    medically proven that drug addiction and alcoholism are a "disease" of addiction. Then by all means
    share with us your expertise and your studies on the subject and please show us where we can be
    directed to your studies on the subject.

    Dave

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.