Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Some good news, Saul Raisin will be back!

Started by cyclingheroes · · Last activity · 18 posts · 1,923 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
9 August 2006
Last activity
10 August 2006
Original author
cyclingheroes
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,923
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After all the bad news in the last couple of months here some good news. I think one of the most promising US riders is Saul Raisin. After his horror crash he is training again and wants to come back in 2007:
    sport.bearticle.html

    He is one of the nicest guys in the circuit and i hope he will have a great carreer. Before his crash he was high on my list of future Grand Tour winners and if he comes back and can develope further.. Funny i never thought he wouldn't come back...

    More about Saul:

    saulraisin.comsaulraisin.com

  2. cyclingheroes said:

    After all the bad news in the last couple of months here some good news. I think one of the most promising US riders is Saul Raisin. After his horror crash he is training again and wants to come back in 2007

    I knew little of him before his crash, but this is indeed good news, regardless of whether he regains his previous level of performance.

  3. JRMDC said:

    I knew little of him before his crash, but this is indeed good news, regardless of whether he regains his previous level of performance.

    I saw him during the Tour de Suisse and the Deutschland-Tour last year and started to follow his carreer. I was very impressed how easily he climbed (ok... it looked smooth and easy). I had some sporadic e-mail contact with him after his crash and he is really a great guy with the mental power of a real champion.

  4. It's great to know he's back on the road and riding with his dad no less. Kick Ass!! I can't wait to see him race next year.

    Michael

  5. I saw him at the top of the San Jose climb in Tour of California - he looked like he was really enjoying himself.

    Raisin Hell bracelets... cute.

  6. GO SAUL GO!!!
    ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!!!

  7. DiabloScott said:

    I saw him at the top of the San Jose climb in Tour of California - he looked like he was really enjoying himself.

    Raisin Hell bracelets... cute.

    Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? 😉

  8. meehs said:

    Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? 😉


    I did and yes he will win the TdF in the future (saw it in my crystal ball 😄 )
    I never thought i would ever wear a bracelet but i have a Raisnin bracelet and wear it every day...

  9. Lonnie Utah said:

    GO SAUL GO!!!
    ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!!!


    ALLEZ SAUL ALLEZ!!!

    GO!!! GO!!! GO!!!
    😄

    When I heard on the Radio (sometime around start of TdF on KNBR 680 SF) that he was back on his bike and training mind you, not just town riding, I was amazed. It seemed like only a month prior to the news he was only strong enough to stand on his feet... incredible, I would love to see this kid come back.

    lw

  10. lwedge said:

    When I heard on the Radio (sometime around start of TdF on KNBR 680 SF) that he was back on his bike and training mind you, not just town riding, I was amazed. It seemed like only a month prior to the news he was only strong enough to stand on his feet... incredible, I would love to see this kid come back.

    lw

    Reading the description here

    http://www.saulraisin.com/

    I would call it a baby step, the first of many, but I would call it ongoing recovery and not training - one day on rollers and 1.5 hours on road the next day - maybe a town ride. But it doesn't matter, there is no bright line, the definitions don't matter, he has gotten on the road and we will see where his efforts take him. Doing great so far, it seems. Bravo!

  11. JRMDC said:

    Doing great so far, it seems. Bravo!


    I did't think he would get this far.

    And the people said " Yea! Saul Raisin! Yea!".

    lw

  12. meehs said:

    Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? 😉

    You know, he was in a small group a little ways down from the Levi/Landis group going over the top. I didn't recognize him right away, and assumed him to be French (Credit Agricole). I said "OK - You can re-group! (expecting he wouldn't understand me" and he looked at me in the eyes and smiled and then I realized he was Saul and I saw in his face that he had the stuff of a multiple GT winner running through his veins.

  13. DiabloScott said:

    You know, he was in a small group a little ways down from the Levi/Landis group going over the top. I didn't recognize him right away, and assumed him to be French (Credit Agricole). I said "OK - You can re-group! (expecting he wouldn't understand me" and he looked at me in the eyes and smiled and then I realized he was Saul and I saw in his face that he had the stuff of a multiple GT winner running through his veins.


    Very cool.

    Was this the hill ?

    Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

    lw

  14. lwedge said:

    Very cool.

    Was this the hill ?

    Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

    lw


    Danielson is breathing a lot harder than Saul!!

    RAISIN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. lwedge said:

    Very cool.

    Was this the hill ?

    Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

    lw

    Could be, but there were a lot of people near the top where I was: (this isn't Saul)

    Image in Some good news, Saul Raisin will be back!

  16. Cyclingnews of today: a long interview with Saul Raisin: cyclingnews.cominterviews

  17. Not to throw cold water on Raisin's recovery, but I thought he crashed when he had some sort of siezure, which had happened before. What happens if he suffers another episode while racing?

  18. Bro Deal said:

    Not to throw cold water on Raisin's recovery, but I thought he crashed when he had some sort of siezure, which had happened before. What happens if he suffers another episode while racing?


    I remember that, i don't have the links anymore but there where several reports after that where it was said it didn't have anything to do with the "siezure" he had in the past.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.