UK and Europe · Public discussion

so that's what Dave Kahn looks like!

Started by davek · · Last activity · 43 posts · 1,154 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
17 November 2005
Last activity
21 November 2005
Original author
davek
Posts
43
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,154
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 43
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. new Arrivee, p47.

    Aside from the putting-faces-to-names angle, it's another jolly good
    read this month - lots of LEL stuff, though didn't spot any names I
    recognise from URC in the coverage. Also a nice report on a ride in
    Russia, incorporating a test of the Hella LED.

    d.

  2. "davek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    new Arrivee, p47.

    Aside from the putting-faces-to-names angle, it's another jolly good read
    this month - lots of LEL stuff, though didn't spot any names I recognise
    from URC in the coverage. Also a nice report on a ride in Russia,
    incorporating a test of the Hella LED.

    d.

    ..jpgs!

    'natch he'll be handsome as all the URC males are undoubtedly ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  3. wafflycat said:

    .jpgs!

    'natch he'll be handsome as all the URC males are undoubtedly ;-)

    Well naturally, but gasping for breath a bit in that shot. You can see
    the road drops sharply a few feet behind me. The junction where Ian
    snapped me is at the top of a hill that was steep enough for the front
    wheel to keep lifting off the ground. It's the same junction where Ian
    and Lisa Young's tandem is crossing, and where there's a shot of two
    riders from behind captioned "The Last Porkers".

    --
    Dave...

  4. davek <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:

    new Arrivee, p47.

    Quoted message said:

    Aside from the putting-faces-to-names angle, it's another jolly good
    read this month - lots of LEL stuff, though didn't spot any names I
    recognise from URC in the coverage. Also a nice report on a ride in
    Russia, incorporating a test of the Hella LED.

    Quoted message said:

    d.

    I see Vernon Levy is in the list of First Time Randonneurs...

    Andrew Morris is too; LEL was his first randonnée...

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email hidden]
    Edgware.

  5. Helen Deborah Vecht said:

    Andrew Morris is too; LEL was his first randonnée...

    The maniac! :-)

    --
    Dave...

  6. wafflycat said:

    'natch he'll be handsome as all the URC males are undoubtedly ;-)

    well my viz obviously bust Tim's camera because both the ones he took
    of me recently weren't in it. I think you have to be in the AUK inner
    sanctum (or just have 2 bzillion points like Dave) to get in.

  7. MartinM said:
    wafflycat said:

    'natch he'll be handsome as all the URC males are undoubtedly ;-)

    well my viz obviously bust Tim's camera because both the ones he took
    of me recently weren't in it. I think you have to be in the AUK inner
    sanctum (or just have 2 bzillion points like Dave) to get in.

    A chap took some quite nice ones of me on the Surrey Hills (and then sent
    them to LSMike...) but obviously I'm not famous enough either. As if doing
    the Surrey Hills on a recumbent trike is an everyday occurrence.

    Bah!

    --
    Dave Larrington - <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/>
    And then there was light and He thought it was good, so He threw the
    receipt away.

  8. MartinM said:

    I think you have to be in the AUK inner
    sanctum (or just have 2 bzillion points like Dave) to get in.

    You do tend to see the same faces cropping up quite often.

    On the other hand, I never seem to be on any of the rides that get
    covered - though the Surrey Hills, which I rode last year and missed
    this year, got coverage.

    d.

  9. dkahn400 said:

    Well naturally, but gasping for breath a bit in that shot. You can see
    the road drops sharply a few feet behind me.

    Yes, you certainly do have that "I just did that descent in reverse"
    look. Fair play to you. I'd have looked considerably more out of breath
    in the same circumstances.

    d.

  10. davek said:
    MartinM said:

    I think you have to be in the AUK inner
    sanctum (or just have 2 bzillion points like Dave) to get in.

    You do tend to see the same faces cropping up quite often.

    On the other hand, I never seem to be on any of the rides that get
    covered - though the Surrey Hills, which I rode last year and missed
    this year, got coverage.

    yes I got my photo taken on Box Hill and even an "up AUK" greeting from
    Tim but zippo foto in the mag

  11. MSeries
    Nov 17, 6:14 pm show options

    I'm in twice, LEL and new SR.

    photo? the best I ever got was a plug for my event from El Supremo; two
    riders from that event are in this month's; I recognise one, it was all
    a bit of a blur on the day.

  12. Helen Deborah Vecht said:

    davek <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:

    new Arrivee, p47.

    Quoted message said:

    Aside from the putting-faces-to-names angle, it's another jolly good
    read this month - lots of LEL stuff, though didn't spot any names I
    recognise from URC in the coverage. Also a nice report on a ride in
    Russia, incorporating a test of the Hella LED.

    Quoted message said:

    d.

    I see Vernon Levy is in the list of First Time Randonneurs...

    Andrew Morris is too; LEL was his first randonnée...


    I'm in twice, LEL and new SR.


  13. Quoted message said:

    I see Vernon Levy is in the list of First Time Randonneurs...


    I got a buzz from seeing my name in the mag. Martin Newstead (MSeries) has a
    double entry.

    S'pose I need to chase the next hurdle. Fame is addictive :-)

    Vernon

  14. Dave Larrington said:


    A chap took some quite nice ones of me on the Surrey Hills (and then sent
    them to LSMike...) but obviously I'm not famous enough either. As if doing
    the Surrey Hills on a recumbent trike is an everyday occurrence.

    Bah!

    No no no! I emailed and asked if there were any photos of the blue
    recumbent, and the kind chap sent me yours. I was flattered to be
    mistaken for you...

  15. MSeries said:

    No photo, there isn't even an "official" LEL photo of me though I am on
    Damons DVD a few times.

    this was as close as I got to being in Arrivee; Chris Beynon took it
    and sent it in but it was turned down in favour of more leading lights
    (who actually got in twice in that edition!) our club webmaster is less
    choosy!

    http://www.egcc.net/display-items.asp?intTypeID=100&intItemID=21

  16. MartinM said:

    MSeries
    Nov 17, 6:14 pm show options

    I'm in twice, LEL and new SR.

    photo? the best I ever got was a plug for my event from El Supremo; two
    riders from that event are in this month's; I recognise one, it was all
    a bit of a blur on the day.


    No photo, there isn't even an "official" LEL photo of me though I am on
    Damons DVD a few times.

  17. MartinM said:
    MSeries said:

    No photo, there isn't even an "official" LEL photo of me though I am on
    Damons DVD a few times.

    this was as close as I got to being in Arrivee; Chris Beynon took it
    and sent it in but it was turned down in favour of more leading lights
    (who actually got in twice in that edition!) our club webmaster is less
    choosy!

    http://www.egcc.net/display-items.asp?intTypeID=100&intItemID=21


    In Arrive 89, that is the last one, I noticed several folk have their
    photos in more than once. I keep meaning to take my camera along and get
    my own snaps but I am usually too busy trying to keep pace to have time
    to stop and take pictures !

  18. MartinM said:
    MSeries said:

    No photo, there isn't even an "official" LEL photo of me though I am on
    Damons DVD a few times.

    this was as close as I got to being in Arrivee; Chris Beynon took it
    and sent it in but it was turned down in favour of more leading lights
    (who actually got in twice in that edition!) our club webmaster is less
    choosy!

    http://www.egcc.net/display-items.asp?intTypeID=100&intItemID=21

    Argghhh.. your club webmaster needs to be put up against the wall and
    shot. That has to be the worst abuse of style sheets I have seen for a
    while. I hate text that dances around and changes size as you are
    trying to read it..

    ...d

  19. MartinM said:
    wafflycat said:

    'natch he'll be handsome as all the URC males are undoubtedly ;-)

    well my viz obviously bust Tim's camera because both the ones he took
    of me recently weren't in it. I think you have to be in the AUK inner
    sanctum (or just have 2 bzillion points like Dave) to get in.

    I think the trick is to a) ride an event that is a bit out of the way.
    b) have pictures with different scenery in.

    They put in some of my pics from June in the last one. Haven't got my
    copy yet. It should have my name in as a first 200 Randonneur. Anyone
    want to check for me?

    ...d

  20. David Martin said:

    .... It should have my name in as a first 200 Randonneur. Anyone
    want to check for me?

    ..d

    Certainly has.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.