"Jim Davis" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:One of my fondest memories of childhood is 'snow ice cream'. We lived
very remotely and in an area with no electricity, paved roads, etc. but
the air was clean! When it would snow my Mom would scoop off a bunch of
clean snow, mix it with some vanilla, sugar, and maybe some milk to make
snow ice cream. Wonderful stuff, at least in those days.
Ohhh! What a WONDERFUL Idea!!!!!!!! It's cute!
Cheers
pan
-------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted message said:
Shaun aRe said:"Pandora" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:"serene" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email hidden]...>Pandora wrote:
>
>
>>It's snowing a lot here! Breakfast of today for Andy: Vin brulé, "paste
>>di meliga" (polenta biscuits, very good).
>
>You probably already know we're gonna want recipes, right? :-)Ohhhh! I didn't know that!!! (I'm not saying the truth...😄DDD)
Paste di meliga are a bit difficult to explain. It's a piedmontese
recipe!
You can't find it in other Italian regions. You can buy polenta biscuits,
but they aren't so good as Paste di meliga. The confectioners who makethem
Quoted message said:are jelous of their recipe. So I had to invent the recipe, remembering
the
taste. I will post ASAP.
Perhaps I will make this week for you, if I have a little time.
For what concerning Vin brulè, it's typical to drink it in the nothernItaly
Quoted message said:because it's cold.
For this, you put in red wine a lot of spices (included chinnamon, cloves
and juniper berries), then sugar or honey, boil just few minutes and then
drink hot. It is very useful for cold desease!
Cheers
PandoraAhhh, 'mulled wine' we call that here in the UK, and we drank rather a
lot
of it last xmas, heheheh <hic!> ',;~}~Shaun aRe