Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Sidi Shoes Loosen During Ride

Started by RP10128 · · Last activity · 8 posts · 762 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 December 2004
Last activity
6 December 2004
Original author
RP10128
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
762
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening. Neither
    the velcro straps nor the ratcheting mechanism (called a "spider
    buckle"😉 seem to be loosening. I wonder if my foot is being pulled
    backward in the shoe as I cycle, thereby giving a false impression
    that the fasteners on the shoe are loosening up.

    Do other people have this problem? Does anyone know why the shoe
    appears to be loosening up?

  2. Quoted message said:

    From: RP10128

    Quoted message said:

    Do other people have this problem? Does anyone know why the shoe
    appears to be loosening up?

    Better than "gets tighter".

    I just pull the ratchet lever up two or three clicks. Seems to repeat on two
    pair of Gen. III's over the years, never have run out of ratchet, not really a
    "problem" IMHO. --TP

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    RP10128 said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening.

    My Dominators do the same thing. I think the material of the shoe gets
    more flexible as it warms up, leading to loosening of the shoes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Dave

  4. Hi,
    I ride a pair of Sidi Mega Dominators that are a few years old. I also like
    to tighten mine after riding for a while. I always kind of assumed it was
    just my feet working into a different spot over the course of the ride but
    never thought about it carefully.
    Lyle
    "RP10128" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening. Neither
    the velcro straps nor the ratcheting mechanism (called a "spider
    buckle"😉 seem to be loosening. I wonder if my foot is being pulled
    backward in the shoe as I cycle, thereby giving a false impression
    that the fasteners on the shoe are loosening up.

    Do other people have this problem? Does anyone know why the shoe
    appears to be loosening up?

  5. RP10128 said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening. Neither
    the velcro straps nor the ratcheting mechanism (called a "spider
    buckle"😉 seem to be loosening. I wonder if my foot is being pulled
    backward in the shoe as I cycle, thereby giving a false impression
    that the fasteners on the shoe are loosening up.

    Do other people have this problem? Does anyone know why the shoe
    appears to be loosening up?


    I wonder if the compression strap has worn and is backing out of the buckle?
    You can buy new ones from SIDI
    http://www.sidiusa.com/parts-access/index.html or maybe your LBS.

  6. David Newman said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    RP10128 said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening.

    My Dominators do the same thing. I think the material of the shoe gets
    more flexible as it warms up, leading to loosening of the shoes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Dave

    That's what it is. They even mention it twice in the Sidi FAQ:

    http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#2

    http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#14

    Andrew

  7. Andrew Lee said:

    "David Newman" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    RP10128 <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I
    can't, for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My Dominators do the same thing. I think the material of the shoe
    gets more flexible as it warms up, leading to loosening of the shoes.

    Quoted message said:

    That's what it is. They even mention it twice in the Sidi FAQ:

    http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#2

    http://www.sidiusa.com/tech/faq.html#14

    This is true, although I'd like to point out that real leather changes a lot
    more -- not to mention shrinking after drying out, and becoming more and more
    stretched out with age. The synthetic leather used in Sidis is far superior.
    Also, Sidis are easily adjusted while riding.

    Matt O.

  8. "RP10128" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My Sidi Genuius shoes always seem to loosen during my ride. I can't,
    for the life of me, figure out how this can be happening. Neither
    the velcro straps nor the ratcheting mechanism (called a "spider
    buckle"😉 seem to be loosening. I wonder if my foot is being pulled
    backward in the shoe as I cycle, thereby giving a false impression
    that the fasteners on the shoe are loosening up.

    Do other people have this problem? Does anyone know why the shoe
    appears to be loosening up?


    It could also be due to mild foot swelling (edema). Exercise causes the
    fluid to work back into the veins and lymphatic channels so the feet
    shrink.

    PH

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.