Triathlon · Public discussion

Should I swim in bike pants?

Started by aleeharmon · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,507 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Triathlon
Published
16 November 2003
Last activity
19 November 2003
Original author
aleeharmon
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,507
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everybody I am just starting to do triathlons. I have only done one but am planing too do another one in 2 months. Should I swim in a speedo and also bike in that or should I swim in my bike pants?

  2. aleeharmon said:

    Hello everybody I am just starting to do triathlons. I have only done one but am planing too do
    another one in 2 months. Should I swim in a speedo and also bike in that or should I swim in my
    bike pants?

    Do yourself a favor and get a pair of tri shorts.

    <http://www.trisports.com/desottrishor.html>

    They are made to be worn for all three legs of the event.

  3. It's sort of up to you. Do what is comfortable or tolerable.

    I swim and ride in an unpadded speedo type suit from sprint to IM. Just make sure you do some
    training to toughen up the critical parts.

    Ken

    "aleeharmon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello everybody I am just starting to do triathlons. I have only done one but am planing too do
    another one in 2 months. Should I swim in a speedo and also bike in that or should I swim in my
    bike pants?

    --

    Quoted message said:

    --------------------------<


    Posted via cyclingforums.com cyclingforums.comcyclingforums.com

  4. I've done tris in bike shorts before. I have some that have pretty thin padding and have used those.
    I have some bike shorts though that I'd never swim in because of the large padding.

    A pair of DeSoto tri shorts is my favorite though. Just enough pad for the bike, but not too much
    for drying out coming off the swim.

    Chris

    aleeharmon said:

    Hello everybody I am just starting to do triathlons. I have only done one but am planing too do
    another one in 2 months. Should I swim in a speedo and also bike in that or should I swim in my
    bike pants?

    --

    Quoted message said:

    --------------------------<

    Posted via cyclingforums.com cyclingforums.comcyclingforums.com

  5. My dad has done entire tri's in bike shorts for many years. He uses ones with minimal padding and
    trains in them as well. Tri shorts would work well too but (among my acquaintances) some new
    triathletes and older triathletes find them to be too short and/or flashy and feel more comfortable
    in basic bike shorts. Whatever you find most comfortable.

    Good luck!

    Susan in LA

    "chris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've done tris in bike shorts before. I have some that have pretty thin padding and have used
    those. I have some bike shorts though that I'd never swim in because of the large padding.

    A pair of DeSoto tri shorts is my favorite though. Just enough pad for the bike, but not too much
    for drying out coming off the swim.

    Chris

    aleeharmon said:

    Hello everybody I am just starting to do triathlons. I have only done one but am planing too do
    another one in 2 months. Should I swim in a speedo and also bike in that or should I swim in my
    bike pants?

    --

    Quoted message said:

    --------------------------<

    Posted via cyclingforums.com cyclingforums.comcyclingforums.com

  6. The best way is to try a pair of Tri Shorts first. But the problem you will say if that if you buy
    them and you don't like them, then you waisted your money, right?

    Wrong.

    Buy a pair of De Soto Tri Shorts, if you are not completely satisfied you can return them for a
    complete refund...no questions asked...even after wearing them.

    Emilio De Soto II 858 453 6672 www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
    www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit" Email me for a De Soto Sport free catalog

  7. [email hidden] (Emilio De Soto of De Soto Sport) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    The best way is to try a pair of Tri Shorts first. But the problem you will say if that if you buy
    them and you don't like them, then you waisted your money, right?

    Wrong.

    Buy a pair of De Soto Tri Shorts, if you are not completely satisfied you can return them for a
    complete refund...no questions asked...even after wearing them.

    Emilio De Soto II 858 453 6672 www.desotosport.com "Quality Triathlon Gear Since 1990"
    www.t1wetsuits.com "Triathlon's most innovative wetsuit" Email me for a De Soto Sport free catalog

    HMMMM..... How could someone get a pair of tri shorts again?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.