I just got a torker dx two days ago and its awesome, I had a 12 pound beginner unicycle before so I thought the dx being 15 pounds would be hard to jump. I went out today to san diego bay and with my new dx and I was breaking my jumping record by a long shot. The reason is because with the dx trial tire you can get more bounce out of it. The seat post was a little long for me so I just cut it with a chop saw and grinded it down. I do think you should buy the dx and I'm sure many will agree with me for the excellent price. Good Luck.
i'm looking for a trails and i just don't think the dx is that good. if i would get a trails i would get a kris holm (that will never happen lol) but i'll probably get a nimbus trails
yea i dont personally have a dx but they are awesome from my frends dx that i rode but my suggestion is to change the seat to a KH fusion saddle or KH street (personal choice though) 😎
Yeah, if your guy I would change the seat, I rode with the dx seat for like an hour when I got it and I must of hit my you know what 10 times. I now have the kh fusion freeride on mine. Some say get the street which is smaller and better for manuevering for tricks but I go for long rides so I perfer the fusion freeride.
I rode long distances on my DX, well, probably not distance wise, but I put in a lot of 6-8 hour rides.
The saddle didnt hit me, and it was comfy for me, I only changed it once I started to mess with SIF, so I cut down the foam, and then it was still comfy to sit on for hours, and ride SIF with. =p
I bought the DX and I am very happy with it. I must say though I don't do alot of drops or hopping and so I have the 24" model. However it was worth evcery penny and I have no complaints.
If you're worried about the seat being too high, a reciprocating saw does the job quick, clean and easy.
After beating up my 24'' I finally got a new one yesterday. I got the 20'' DX and it's a great unicycle. i recomend it.
hey its someone from AK thats close to my age sweet, if you ever go to wasilla send me a PM and we shuld get together and ride around
-- brendon557
Santa Claus is lucky, he knows where all the naughty girls live 😉 If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat? If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there Check out my website www.OffRoadRuckus.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brendon557's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15228 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63206
hi people, i need some advise on whether or not to buy a torker dx.
if u have one tell me how u like it im not sure if it will be too heavy or too tall. can u get it cut to make it lower??
thanks!
1) I think it's the best value for money there is. I would definitely recommend one for trials/street. 😄 2) It's not too tall and not too heavy. But it's almost indestructible at best. 3) I think it depends on your height. If your too low, then yes but otherwise no. 😄
-- Hazmat
I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT.
I have had my torker DX for about 6 months. Its great to learn tricks on. It is a lot heavyer than a kh but not so much to effect your riding because you get used to the weight really fast. You can also find it for a lot less money than the kh.