Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Should allways wear foot protection.

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 8 posts · 432 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
26 August 2006
Last activity
29 August 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
432
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Chain needed lube bad. And I should have put bike in workstand. lubing
    chain in bare feet during lifting bike to spin chain. While spinning,
    knobby took a crunk of skin off top of left foot. Killer knobbies.
    Maybe this was a sign on my rid it started to rain. Not much more like
    spit. Got in the door it poured for hours. But I'm on vacation till
    Monday morning.

  2. Quoted message said:

    Chain needed lube bad. And I should have put bike in workstand. lubing
    chain in bare feet during lifting bike to spin chain. While spinning,
    knobby took a crunk of skin off top of left foot. Killer knobbies.
    Maybe this was a sign on my rid it started to rain. Not much more like
    spit. Got in the door it poured for hours.

    I feel (or felt) your pain... did the same damned thing once except I
    barely grazed it for a split seccond. unfortuneately I had my Nokian
    Extreme W296's ( http://www.icebike.com/images/Nokia296.jpg ) installed
    on my snowcat rims and was getting ready for an ice-ride out on a
    frozen swamp area. The freezing rain which was forecasted ended up
    being plain old rain and my big toe was munched for several days those
    296 carbide studs will tear you up in a heartbeat!.

    Quoted message said:

    But I'm on vacation till Monday morning.

    What is this "vacation" thing you people keep speaking of?

    --
    The Sand Squid

  3. Sand Squid said:
    Quoted message said:

    Chain needed lube bad. And I should have put bike in workstand. lubing
    chain in bare feet during lifting bike to spin chain. While spinning,
    knobby took a crunk of skin off top of left foot. Killer knobbies.
    Maybe this was a sign on my rid it started to rain. Not much more like
    spit. Got in the door it poured for hours.

    I feel (or felt) your pain... did the same damned thing once except I
    barely grazed it for a split seccond. unfortuneately I had my Nokian
    Extreme W296's ( http://www.icebike.com/images/Nokia296.jpg ) installed
    on my snowcat rims and was getting ready for an ice-ride out on a
    frozen swamp area. The freezing rain which was forecasted ended up
    being plain old rain and my big toe was munched for several days those
    296 carbide studs will tear you up in a heartbeat!.

    Quoted message said:

    But I'm on vacation till Monday morning.

    What is this "vacation" thing you people keep speaking of?

    --
    The Sand Squid When you work one job for a long time 6 and half years now, you get paid time off. Its called vacation. Mine is 3 weeks a year. This year July,Aug,and Jan. A new year starts in Feb. So when your off work for a week you like to get in a lot of riding. And the weather has been hot but dry till today.

  4. Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    bare feet

    When I lived in Hawaii, we used to go barefoot much of the time. Stepping on
    the occasional lit cigarette butt was just part of the game. Being aggressively
    barefoot was part of the surfer image.

    That was until the lady in the apartment upstairs got on our case. She was a
    retired dermatologist (looked about 80 years old...shacked up with a guy that
    didn't look a day over 35...).

    After she told us about some of the interesting things that people pick up by
    going barefoot, the attraction soon wore off and we all went out and got custom
    sandals. Today I don't go *anywhere* without something on my feet.

    Also, some people think they're being fastidious by going barefoot inside their
    houses. I used to do that until I found out that in China, bare feet are
    gross. The fastidious part is leaving your street shoes outside. Inside you
    wear socks, slaps, and/or slippers. Makes sense to me. If somebody in my
    family brings foot fungus home from the gym, I won't die of it... but I'd rather
    not catch it.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. (PeteCresswell) said:

    Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    bare feet

    When I lived in Hawaii, we used to go barefoot much of the time. Stepping on
    the occasional lit cigarette butt was just part of the game. Being aggressively
    barefoot was part of the surfer image.

    That was until the lady in the apartment upstairs got on our case. She was a
    retired dermatologist (looked about 80 years old...shacked up with a guy that
    didn't look a day over 35...).

    After she told us about some of the interesting things that people pick up by
    going barefoot, the attraction soon wore off and we all went out and got custom
    sandals. Today I don't go *anywhere* without something on my feet.

    Also, some people think they're being fastidious by going barefoot inside their
    houses. I used to do that until I found out that in China, bare feet are
    gross. The fastidious part is leaving your street shoes outside. Inside you
    wear socks, slaps, and/or slippers. Makes sense to me. If somebody in my
    family brings foot fungus home from the gym, I won't die of it... but I'd rather
    not catch it.
    --
    PeteCresswell Good case but a little paraniod.

  6. Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    PeteCresswell Good case but a little paraniod.

    A *lot* paranoid. I was probably the only 17-year-old in the world that
    drilled holes in his VW Bug to install lap-and-chest belts. Likewise
    undoubtedly the only 15-year-old in the county that wore a helmet when riding
    his moped.

    It's just me...
    --
    PeteCresswell

  7. (PeteCresswell) said:

    Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    bare feet

    When I lived in Hawaii, we used to go barefoot much of the time. Stepping on
    the occasional lit cigarette butt was just part of the game. Being aggressively
    barefoot was part of the surfer image.

    That was until the lady in the apartment upstairs got on our case. She was a
    retired dermatologist (looked about 80 years old...shacked up with a guy that
    didn't look a day over 35...).

    After she told us about some of the interesting things that people pick up by
    going barefoot, the attraction soon wore off and we all went out and got custom
    sandals. Today I don't go *anywhere* without something on my feet.

    Also, some people think they're being fastidious by going barefoot inside their
    houses. I used to do that until I found out that in China, bare feet are
    gross. The fastidious part is leaving your street shoes outside. Inside you
    wear socks, slaps, and/or slippers. Makes sense to me. If somebody in my
    family brings foot fungus home from the gym, I won't die of it... but I'd rather
    not catch it.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    So, say, riding a bike barefoot with these pedals isn't something you'd
    do?

    http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/parts_pedals.htm

    /s

  8. Per Scott Gordo:

    Quoted message said:

    So, say, riding a bike barefoot with these pedals isn't something you'd
    do?

    That might be the understatement of the year - although there was a time when I
    used to ride my motorcycle barefoot.
    --
    PeteCresswell

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.