Road Cycling · Public discussion

[censored]. gotta drink some Fosters.

Started by gym.gravity · · Last activity · 11 posts · 463 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
4 July 2005
Last activity
4 July 2005
Original author
gym.gravity
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
463
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of CSC
    stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the Tour.
    Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any bike
    race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy
    schedule.

  2. gym.gravity said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of CSC
    stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the Tour.
    Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any bike
    race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy
    schedule.


    Shouldn't it be Fat Tire?

  3. Jaybee said:
    gym.gravity said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of CSC
    stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the Tour.
    Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any bike
    race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy
    schedule.


    Shouldn't it be Fat Tire?

    I had a 6 pack of Fat Tire last year on vacation in Idaho. I don't see
    it here in my hood.

  4. gym.gravity said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of CSC
    stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the Tour.
    Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any bike
    race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy
    schedule.

    Mullin will join you because it looks like a motor oil can.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  5. "gym.gravity" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:1120441856.253245.285100
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    Quoted message said:

    At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store.


    [snip]

    Quoted message said:

    I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy schedule.

    Don't forget that Victory Brewing also supports cycling. May I suggest their
    excellent Golden Monkey (Belgian-Style Ale), Old Horizontal (Barleywine),
    Storm King Imperial Stout, and Moonglow Weizenbock. They have many other
    wonderful brews, but keeping your scheduling difficulites in mind, I recomend
    these not only for their taste, but higher than average alcohol content. That
    way you enjoy the full benefit of in less time.

    www.victorybeer.com/index.htm
    www.victorycycling.com/Main.htm
    www.tristatevelo.com
    www.fortunecity.com/lavender/python/35/beer1.wav

  6. Bob Schwartz <[email hidden]> wrote in news:11ch6fgr807ie65
    @corp.supernews.com:

    Quoted message said:

    Mullin will join you because it looks like a motor oil can.

    Nah....Think globally, drink locally.

  7. Tim Mullin said:

    Don't forget that Victory Brewing also supports cycling. May I suggest their
    excellent Golden Monkey (Belgian-Style Ale), Old Horizontal (Barleywine),
    Storm King Imperial Stout, and Moonglow Weizenbock. They have many other
    wonderful brews, but keeping your scheduling difficulites in mind, I recomend
    these not only for their taste, but higher than average alcohol content. That
    way you enjoy the full benefit of in less time.

    Thank you sir! I do remember seeing Victory in one of my local shops.

  8. On 3 Jul 2005 18:50:56 -0700, "gym.gravity" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered in
    my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of CSC
    stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the Tour.
    Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any bike
    race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my busy
    schedule.

    I see Festina right below Fosters so I also shoot up after downing a
    big blue can......

    That's low, even for me.

    D

  9. gym.gravity said:
    Tim Mullin said:

    Don't forget that Victory Brewing also supports cycling. May I suggest
    their excellent Golden Monkey (Belgian-Style Ale), Old Horizontal
    (Barleywine), Storm King Imperial Stout, and Moonglow Weizenbock. They
    have many other wonderful brews, but keeping your scheduling
    difficulites in mind, I recomend these not only for their taste, but
    higher than average alcohol content. That way you enjoy the full
    benefit of in less time.

    Thank you sir! I do remember seeing Victory in one of my local shops.

    I love the smell of Victory in the morning. It smells like...napalm.

  10. gym.gravity said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered
    in my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of
    CSC stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the
    Tour. Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any
    bike race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my
    busy schedule.

    Don't do it to yourself. It's not worth it. Fosters has gotta rate as
    Australia's worst beer.

    As for wine, my Jacob's Creek consumption is limited to about six bottles a
    year, all within the space of approx. 6 days. A tip: don't drink a lot of
    Jacob's Creek Unlimited Release January 2005 Rosé just because it's free.

    Jeff (hasn't touched Rosé since January 2005 either)

  11. On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:41:02 +1000, "Jeff Jones" <jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com>

    Quoted message said:
    gym.gravity said:

    I "buy cycling". I cook with Colavita. I use other oils for dipping,
    though. I can't find Bolla in my 'hood, so I drink about 6 bottles of
    Jacobs Creek each year, about three of them in January. At least 6
    times a year I'll choose Sierra Nevada over whatever else is offered
    in my ghetto liquor store. I own 2.5 shares of AMD and 1.5 shares of
    CSC stock. Now I see Fosters is sponsoring the OLN coverage of the
    Tour. Well, if I want to see what happens in 2006 and beyond, in any
    bike race, I'm gonna have to find a way to squeeze Fosters into my
    busy schedule.

    Don't do it to yourself. It's not worth it. Fosters has gotta rate as
    Australia's worst beer.

    On this continent it isn't even Australian, it's Canadian. Not a very special
    Canadian beer either. OTOH, it does come in conveniently sized cans and is
    better than many American beers.

    Ron

    Quoted message said:

    As for wine, my Jacob's Creek consumption is limited to about six bottles a
    year, all within the space of approx. 6 days. A tip: don't drink a lot of
    Jacob's Creek Unlimited Release January 2005 Rosé just because it's free.

    Jeff (hasn't touched Rosé since January 2005 either)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.