Could you pls let me know the seatpost clamp size, that I should buy for a 29.8 Seatpost. Unfortunately the availability in india is nil, I would have to go online for a purchase. I have already tried a 31.8 clamp and been unsuccessful.
If possible could I have a chart for all the compatibility like : SeatPost size---- Seat post clamp. This would certainly help !
Yes I too feel that that the 34.9 should be good to go. Is there any table or chart that has the general compatibility. for eg the 27.2 seatpost would need a 31.8 clamp etc
Yes I too feel that that the 34.9 should be good to go. Is there any table or chart that has the general compatibility. for eg the 27.2 seatpost would need a 31.8 clamp etc
It depends on the material used for the frame. Aluminum is usually thicker than steel or titanium, which necessitates a different clamp diameter. Salsa seatpost clamps cover most of the odd sizes, where the general clamp sizes are (as mentioned) 28.6, 31.8, and 34.9. Campy uses 32 and 35.
BTW. I have an aluminum bike frame which uses a 27.2mm seatpost & a 31.8mm clamp ...
I have a steel bike frame which also uses a 27.2mm seatpost & a 31.8mm clamp ...
So, the frame's material is not a factor in determining a clamp size ...
But, I guess that 'I' would always anticipate approximately a 4+ mm difference (2mm +/- thick walls -- maybe a litte more, maybe a litle less) between the seatpost size and the clamp size based on just the two, fore mentioned examples.
BTW. I have one aluminum bike frame which uses a 27.2mm seatpost & a 31.8mm clamp ...
I have a steel bike frame which also uses a 27.2mm seatpost & a 31.8mm clamp ...
So, the material is appaently not a factor in determining a clamp size ...
But, I guess that 'I' would always anticipate approximately a 4+ mm difference (2mm thick walls -- maybe a litte more, maybe a litle less) between the seatpost size and the clamp size based on just the two, fore menioned examples.
It depends on the quality of the tubing. A quality aluminum frame is going to have thin tubing. A cheap aluminum frame is going to have thick tubing. So thick, that I've seen Alu frames with a 27.2mm seatpost require a 35 seatpost clamp. Uncommon, but they do exist.
I've seen several steel frames with a 27.2 seatpost that need a 30mm clamp.