In article <[email hidden]>,
Janet said:"ant" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Nina Pretty Ballerina said:that pumpkin soup used to (?) have a recipe on the side for a pasta
sauce, was yum. Sure, full of fat, but yum. and dead easy.and for the yanks, Campbell's soup has a long running ad campaign in the
US. Maybe they don't sell the Pumpkin kind though. Although I'm pretty
sure I've seen it there.Quoted message said:
scones sound good!a lot gets lots in translation doesnt it?!
yep. In the US, they're called Biscuits.
they serve them with sloppy stews, for soaking up the gravy. Sort of
south-western food.Nothing like our scones with jam and cream, which are english.
The most common differences between biscuits and scones are that scones
include sugar and egg yolk (or whole egg). Not always, of course.
Not any scone I've ever had or made!
Miche
--
In the monastery office --
Before enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper
After enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper