Road Cycling · Public discussion

Schwinn Bicycle Bike Computer SW654 Need Instructions

Started by tolivercrash · · Last activity · 12 posts · 2,120 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
13 April 2006
Last activity
15 April 2006
Original author
tolivercrash
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,120
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.

  2. "tolivercrash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.

    Go and bark at the retailer.

  3. "tolivercrash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.

    You should ba able to get instructions from the place of purchase. If
    that's a problem and the unit is sold a Target stores you shoud be
    able to visit a Target store & photocopy a set of instructions.

    Indiana Mike

  4. Like I said in my original post, I bought it *used*.

  5. tolivercrash said:

    Like I said in my original post, I bought it *used*.

    New ones start at around 20 bucks if you strike out on the Schwinn.

  6. Schwinn support is useless. They have another company make ht e
    products under thier name. As most computer setups as basically the
    same, just fool around until you get the results you wish. You could
    buy computer at Target, copy the instructons and get a refund stating
    you don't like the product. I do have the instructions for mine but mo
    way of copying and sending via the net
    ED

  7. "tolivercrash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.


    I purchased a Schwinn Bike Computer from Walmart.
    It is a 12 function computer, no idea as to model or anything.
    here is it's manual
    http://earlwb.onlinestoragesolution.com/Schwinn_Bicycle_Computer_Manual.pdf

  8. Earl Bollinger said:


    "tolivercrash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.


    I purchased a Schwinn Bike Computer from Walmart.
    It is a 12 function computer, no idea as to model or anything.
    here is it's manual
    http://earlwb.onlinestoragesolution.com/Schwinn_Bicycle_Computer_Manual.pdf

    A 12+MB PDF?? Sheesh! The instructions for my Schwinn 1-button computer is on
    both sides of one page.

    &Rant-ON
    What the heck did Adobe do to their PDF maker anyway? For some months I've
    noticed that PDF catalogs from some of the commercial web sites I've patronized
    for years have grown significantly in size ... some 2-3x ... compared to ones
    from several years ago. Small difference in number of pages does not account
    for the leap in PDF file size. PITA to those of us who don't have wideband.
    &Rant-OFF

    --
    Michael

  9. "Michael" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Earl Bollinger said:


    "tolivercrash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I tried getting help from Schwinn. results = zero. So now I'm asking
    for your help.

    I purchased a Schwinn bike computer model SW654 used and it came with
    no instructions. Therefore I have a 17 function bike computer which has
    lots of cool features, a backlight, two buttons and no clue how to set
    it up or use it. This is a model that's sold at Target stores and
    online.

    If anyone has this bike computer and can furnish me with a scan or PDF
    of the instructions I would be very grateful. As helpful as trying to
    explain how to program it might be, it would be much better to have a
    copy of the original instructions.

    Thank in advance.


    I purchased a Schwinn Bike Computer from Walmart.
    It is a 12 function computer, no idea as to model or anything.
    here is it's manual
    http://earlwb.onlinestoragesolution.com/Schwinn_Bicycle_Computer_Manual.pdf

    A 12+MB PDF?? Sheesh! The instructions for my Schwinn 1-button computer
    is on
    both sides of one page.

    &Rant-ON
    What the heck did Adobe do to their PDF maker anyway? For some months
    I've
    noticed that PDF catalogs from some of the commercial web sites I've
    patronized
    for years have grown significantly in size ... some 2-3x ... compared to
    ones
    from several years ago. Small difference in number of pages does not
    account
    for the leap in PDF file size. PITA to those of us who don't have
    wideband.
    &Rant-OFF

    --
    Michael

    I apologize for pissing you all off.
    I'll avoid putting up anything again to help someone after this. It seems
    all I ever get is hostility and hate about it whenever I do.
    You know it takes time and money to have all the stuff needed to do this.
    The stupid instructions are like put onto a little tiny piece of paper and
    I have to go through time and effort in trying to get it to scan in OK.
    I won't bother to waste my time doing it after this.,

  10. Earl Bollinger said:

    I apologize for pissing you all off.
    I'll avoid putting up anything again to help someone after this. It seems
    all I ever get is hostility and hate about it whenever I do.
    You know it takes time and money to have all the stuff needed to do this.
    The stupid instructions are like put onto a little tiny piece of paper and
    I have to go through time and effort in trying to get it to scan in OK.
    I won't bother to waste my time doing it after this.,

    No one is putting a gun to their heads and making them download it. I
    wouldn't worry about it.

  11. Michael said:

    A 12+MB PDF?? Sheesh! The instructions for my Schwinn 1-button computer is on
    both sides of one page.

    No doubt he scanned the manual, so it's a large image rather than text
    in the PDF.

  12. catzz66 said:
    tolivercrash said:

    Like I said in my original post, I bought it *used*.

    New ones start at around 20 bucks if you strike out on the Schwinn.

    That model of Schwinn costs $6.99 new at Amazon.

    "http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DZD3FQ/103-6533311-5224646?v=glance&n=3375251"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.