Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Saracen Hardtrax V Brake Bosses (UK)?

Started by Pun Krocker · · Last activity · 9 posts · 397 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
15 July 2004
Last activity
18 July 2004
Original author
Pun Krocker
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
397
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I have a Saracen Hardtrax and I am replacing the brakes to Shimano Deore
    V brakes, it originally had Promax (disc front , V rear).

    The problem is there seems to be no brake bosses on the front, only the
    tension spring holes and a hole in the bracket, do you know if I can buy
    bolt on brake bosses anywhere in the UK to fit this set-up?

    I have taken a picture of the bracket.
    http://www.ts870.freeserve.co.uk/av/2004_0716_002636AA.JPG

    I will have the new brakes delivered tomorrow from Chain Reaction, I
    have searched their website, but can only find Canti Boss plugs!

    Thanks.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

  2. Pun Krocker said:

    The problem is there seems to be no brake bosses on the front, only the
    tension spring holes and a hole in the bracket, do you know if I can buy
    bolt on brake bosses anywhere in the UK to fit this set-up?

    Just take a wander in to your LBS. They're useful for stuff like that.

  3. On this day, 16/Jul/04 07:35, bomba said the following:

    Quoted message said:
    Pun Krocker said:

    The problem is there seems to be no brake bosses on the front, only the
    tension spring holes and a hole in the bracket, do you know if I can buy
    bolt on brake bosses anywhere in the UK to fit this set-up?

    Just take a wander in to your LBS. They're useful for stuff like that.

    That I'm afraid is the last option, LBS's here are twice the price of
    buying on-line and most do not carry these type of spares.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

  4. Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just take a wander in to your LBS. They're useful for stuff like that.

    That I'm afraid is the last option, LBS's here are twice the price of
    buying on-line and most do not carry these type of spares.

    And your attempts at finding them online have been...?

  5. On this day, 16/Jul/04 13:09, bomba said the following:

    Quoted message said:
    Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just take a wander in to your LBS. They're useful for stuff like that.

    That I'm afraid is the last option, LBS's here are twice the price of
    buying on-line and most do not carry these type of spares.

    And your attempts at finding them online have been...?

    Still waiting for replies 🙁

    Have phoned all LBS ...... they have not even heard of them, now there
    is a surprise 🙂

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

  6. Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    And your attempts at finding them online have been...?

    Still waiting for replies 🙁

    I doubt anybody here knows. You've probably got as much chance of finding
    them as anybody else.

    Quoted message said:

    Have phoned all LBS ...... they have not even heard of them, now there
    is a surprise 🙂

    In which case, you either have [censored] LBS' or [censored] descriptive skills. The
    bosses you're looking for are universal 8mm screw-in canti studs. So try
    ringing round again. Your best bet might be spares from other suspension
    forks where the shop has removed them when the bikes have gone disk only.

  7. On this day, 16/Jul/04 14:59, bomba said the following:

    Quoted message said:
    Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    And your attempts at finding them online have been...?

    Still waiting for replies 🙁

    I doubt anybody here knows. You've probably got as much chance of finding
    them as anybody else.

    Well I thought I would ask anyway ;-)

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Have phoned all LBS ...... they have not even heard of them, now there
    is a surprise 🙂

    In which case, you either have [censored] LBS' or [censored] descriptive skills. The
    bosses you're looking for are universal 8mm screw-in canti studs. So try
    ringing round again. Your best bet might be spares from other suspension
    forks where the shop has removed them when the bikes have gone disk only.

    First one is correct, my skills are of the older generation I suppose
    but being brought up by a profession frame builder (original Flying Scot
    frames Glasgow and home brew) / wheelsmith / chief mechanic Scottish
    Milk Race (early 70's),and owner of a few cycle sales / repair / shops I
    reckon I know in most part what I am looking for, and how to describe
    it, if not I was not paying attention big time. ;-)

    Thanks for your help, I will strip down the Promax front disc and see if
    I can repair it meantime.

    Cheers
    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

  8. Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    I doubt anybody here knows. You've probably got as much chance of finding
    them as anybody else.

    Well I thought I would ask anyway ;-)

    Have a look here:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/viewproduct.asp?category=Forks+Spares&ModelID=267

  9. On this day, 18/Jul/04 19:04, bomba said the following:

    Quoted message said:
    Pun Krocker said:
    Quoted message said:

    I doubt anybody here knows. You've probably got as much chance of finding
    them as anybody else.

    Well I thought I would ask anyway ;-)

    Have a look here:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/viewproduct.asp?category=Forks+Spares&ModelID=267

    I scanned their site and never found this, thanks.

    (So that makes my browsing skills [censored] :-)

    My forks are Omni, I will phone and see if they are suitable, thanks
    again 🙂

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    "Rock journalism is people who can't write
    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.