Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

santa cruz bike

Started by Gretchen · · Last activity · 13 posts · 5,324 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
22 August 2003
Last activity
29 December 2003
Original author
Gretchen
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
5,324
Views / 30 days
24
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Is the Santa Cruz mountain bike worth all that dinero $?

    what is the next best thang to santa cruz bike?

    muchas gracias!

  2. Yyyyeepp. It is worth it. They make a great product and stand behind it, period. You get an attention to detail and a quality control that's hard to match. Norco and Ellsworth make good stuff as well.

    K.

  3. Here here, Santas are sweet. No complaints. Although they can be pricey then look for a second-hand or older model to compensate your budget. Take your time, don't rush and buy the first bike you see. Ellsworths are expensive too. just depends on what kind of riding / racing you'll be doing..

    Go easy,

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Martystan
    Here here, Santas are sweet. No complaints. Although they can be pricey then look for a second-hand or older model to compensate your budget. Take your time, don't rush and buy the first bike you see. Ellsworths are expensive too. just depends on what kind of riding / racing you'll be doing..

    Go easy,

    I looked at several bikes before i bought. Narrowed it down to a Santa Cruz Superlight and a ROcky MOuntain ELement. The bikes have a very similar ride but for teh price i had to go with the Rocky. I was able to upgrade basically everything to XT/XTR and still payed less than i would have for the base model Sant Cruz. Just make sure you get a bike that fits you. NO matter how sweet the set up, if it doesn't fit, you won't want to ride it.

  5. If you have the dinero, get the bike! I have a Heckler, and it is awesome. Yes it is expensive, but when you look at what you get for the money, well, try to find something else for much less. There really isn't anything out there in the full suspension category that costs a whole lot less....

  6. Screw the dosh...
    Santa Cruz And Norco Rule!!!
    they r in a league of there own!!!

  7. I may have said this before, but unless you are a 6 figure pro with umpteen endorsements, why spend so much? A good frame from Cove, Salsa, etc, and looking for the deals for wheels and components, and you have more than you'll ever need in one lifetime.

  8. I ride with a couple Sanat Cruz riders and I've never heard one peep of regret. I'm right there with them on my Rocky Mountain Slayer. Yes, we spent more, but were not riding a pricetag. Quality hand built bikes like these have to be ridden to be appreciated. I would agree with other postings that Ellsworths are in the same league. The previous post is true as well, a nice frame from Cove, Salsa etc. is not a bad way to go, but you don't really get to ride the bike neccesarily before laying down the greenbacks. If you have the opportunity to ride one and know you like it, them go for it. I don't make 6 figures, and I think spending 2% of my earnings over a 3 to 4 year period for a great bike is more than worth it. It's about the ride, and when it feels right, it's worth it.

  9. You never mentioned what model you want. Depending on the model there might actually be better choices but overall, yes they are worth it. They have some of the best bikes around and believe it or not their frames are actually some of the cheapest of the highest models out.

  10. My BF loves his Blur. I love that he loves it and therefore rides with me more often.

  11. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by rmelement2002
    I looked at several bikes before i bought. Narrowed it down to a Santa Cruz Superlight and a ROcky MOuntain ELement. The bikes have a very similar ride but for teh price i had to go with the Rocky. I was able to upgrade basically everything to XT/XTR and still payed less than i would have for the base model Sant Cruz. Just make sure you get a bike that fits you. NO matter how sweet the set up, if it doesn't fit, you won't want to ride it.

    I rode an element for 2 years - loved it. but it doesn't compare to the superlight. it's more on the level with a blur. minus the pedal bob, I find the ride to be quite similar. the blur is lighter and climbs a little better - but the element is still a great bike.

  12. Maverick or Klein Palomino beat them all, just try it and you see

  13. I never tried Santas...but here in Italy they 're very cool!!!
    I can suggest you the new Bullit '04 with 888R......it's great!
    I rode that bike during a test-day....no words can express the feeling.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.